Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

People get really invested in the campaign progression of NecroMordheim, and that's one thing that Infinity doesn't really have.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

If you're looking for adorable, how about this line of various anthro-adventurers?
http://www.darkswordminiatures.com/shop/index.php/miniatures/visions-in-fantasy-critters.html
I have a couple lying around unpainted, they're the best.

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

I don't really follow GW anymore, so I didn't realize they'd made Sisters of Silence models. They shouldn't have, they look like poo poo.

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

Just use the XWing Squad Builder and print out what you are using.

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

Hamshot posted:

It's almost like they're first and foremost warriors and their sculpt is not tailored for your fetish desires :eyepop:

It's not an objectification thing, I don't think. I kinda agree with Ilor in that the proportions seem a bit off for "human," not just for "female." Besides, you're defending a group of models wearing combat heels. ;p

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

Hamshot posted:

I agree. They should have longer legs to shorter torsos, prettier faces, bound feet like my waifu narrower feet and more girly feminine realistic poses but I also think they shouldn't have high heels because I'm just so fuckin' progressive.

Wow, you're a delight. More that the muscle bulk on their arms is nothing compared to their core, which doesn't seem appropriate for a bunch of people trained in hand to hand combat. I kinda love the skull-faces, and have no desire to see them be "prettier," but the hair is kinda stupid. I also don't like the design of most of the weapons, and the bare midriffs on everyone is ridiculous. I'm also not a big fan of GW's proportions in general though.

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

Hamshot posted:

If the goalposts have moved back and now its SUDDENLY the entire gw range why start on the first feminine models with some muscle on them and not said this about other models they've made? :thunk:

Has GW even made any other female models since the 90's Sisters? In an era where other companies can make male and female models that read as human, why do you feel the need to defend to the death the idea that disliking these specific sculpts can only be ascribed to misogyny? How disproportionate would they have to be for you to acknowledge that they're not good sculpts?

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

Would frostgrave cultists work for what you want?

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

Sorry if this has been addressed ad nauseum, but what's the deal with the TacComm forums, and Epic Armageddon these days?

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

Hmm, thanks. Really annoying timing, since I'm pulling some fresh blood into 6mm.

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

Ashcans posted:

What are good places to get proxy or replacement 6mm figures? I know about Vanguard and Onslaught, just wondering if I'm missing anything less obvious. Are there shapeways or other 3D print options that are passable? Trying to eBay original figures doesn't seem viable.

I let my kid look at some old White Dwarf magazines and now they want to play Epic Armageddon. :v:

I really like Onslaught's stuff, but there are also some excellent 3d print options, if you have access to a printer. Resin would be ideal, but you can do decently even with an FDM printer.

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

NC Wyeth Death Cult posted:

Can anyone suggest a 3D printer good enough to do 6mm and 10mm scale miniatures? I know enough 3D to make some stuff so it's time to make terrain.

at that scale, you'll need resin. Anycubic Photon is a good way to go, but specifically _not_ the Photon Zero.

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

Tiny Chalupa posted:

As much as I absolutely love the Adeptus titanicus models, my heart of hearts is still desperately hoping for some Epic models releasing again one day. Keep it Horus Heresy and I'd be the happiest man imaginable

Adeptus is barely played in my area and, from what I can tell poking around Facebook, next to 0 Epic players. So even if i kit bashed a faction from 3rd parties....no one to play with.

I love epic, and the way I got it to work, like with most historicals, is to build several factions yourself. People are way more likely to try it if there's no buy - in, and 6mm stuff is cheap enough it is doable.

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

If you're interested in 3d printing stuff, you could even scale the models up slightly so they're in keeping with Adeptus Titanicus's ~8mm scale.

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

Booley posted:

Titanicus is 6mm, the titans are bigger than old epic because they're properly scaled.

Yeah, that's all true, but looking at the old plastic beaky stuff they are most definitely not 8mm. Regardless of what size you choose to make things, you can use a good resin printer to create consistent models. That's all I'm saying. :)

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

The thing I like about playing normal humans is that they're relatable. It's hard to feel any sort of rapport with a sadistic murder-elf, an insane machine consciousness, or a hive mind, but the idea of farmer Jimmy out on the edge of known space trying to fend off demons with his band of brothers feels more approachable.

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

lilljonas posted:

I.... might just have spontaneously bought GW:s worst game, Dreadfleet, second hand. Because I think the ships are cool.

I'm thinking of seeing what other game I can use them for, either a weird version of Warhammer Historical's Trafalgar or Warlord Games' Black Seas.

Mantic's new Kings of War Armada game might fit the bill.

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

Verisimilidude posted:

x-post from the mini-painting thread. I'm really excited for Necromunda, the crew at my FLGS is really into it and we're starting a big campaign in November. The rules are a big janky in places, but so much of it is fairly elegant. It helps that these are easily some of my favorite models to paint.

That veil is boss af

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

Virtual Russian posted:

I'm going to a Net Epic Armageddon tournament next month. I'm toying around with 3k points lists. Here is what I'm tentatively taking:

Regimental HQ w/ Hydra 525pts

Mechanized Infantry 450pts w/ Hydra

Infantry 250pts

Artillery Battery 250pts - 3 Bombard

Storm Trooper w/ chimera 300pts

Rough Rider Platoon 150pts

Rough Rider Platoon 150pts

Sentinels 100pts

Warlord Titan 825pts

The list has some pretty big flaws, mainly no air cover and a hopeless lack of activations, but it does put some very tough formations into action. I'm not too concerned about sending a super competitive list, mostly I just want to have fun. However, I want to avoid getting absolutely clowned on, as that would not be fun. I'm curious as to folks thoughts on this list.

While it will not help with activations, I'd consider dropping the sentinel formation to give the storm troopers Valkyries, and switch the artillery to manticores for the disrupt.

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

Randalor posted:

I mean, there is this one that's labeled as a Lucius Knight on Thingiverse, so they're not that hard to find per say.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3350504

That's a knight though, not a warlord.

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

Springfield Fatts posted:

I've seen this before but the guy, and the Epic community in general are really weird about giving STL sources for some reason. Like I get they could be swatted down but I never had this level of paranoia when trying to get Warmaster stuff. It's especially frustrating because there aren't nearly as many new, independent sculptors out there making Epic scale 3d models.

I think this is largely because a few years back some of the popular sculptors received that's of legal action from GW. The community as a whole recoiled back quite a bit from that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

worst case, you have a loving awesome display piece