Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

DeepDickPizza posted:

It was very bad. There were some cool spots in the main event, but at the end of the day, it took a handicap match for Chris Jericho to beat Roman Reigns for a singles title, and his partner was the Universal Champion, and everyone in the ring looked weaker because of it.

EDIT: This video is cool, though. "I'm the Great JeriKhali."

https://twitter.com/WWE/status/818701456198930432

I liked the little dig at The Revival at the end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Nah, his last title reign was during the Invasion ending with him dropping it to Jericho when he beat Austin and Rock on the same night.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

sleepwalkers posted:

I'd assume they're more concerned with having more original content for the Network and snuffing out growing UK promotions rather than aiming specifically for this tournament to drive Network subs. It's a two-day, online-only tournament with very few household names that aired in the afternoon and overlapped with playoff football. If they thought that would drive a significant amount of people to pay for a month of the Network, they'd be sorely mistaken.

People do live in the United Kingdom btw

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

rovert posted:

Triple H just really wanted to visit Blackpool.

Do have the scoop for how many times he went on the Big Dipper?

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

sleepwalkers posted:

phwoah!!!

No poo poo, what I'm saying is of the 1.5m or whatever subs they have, my guess is their goal isn't moving the needle on the number of Network subs, which it likely won't do. I doubt it'd be labelled a failure if it doesn't move many subscriptions, and that snuffing out rival promotions and shoring up the overall umbrella of "original content" are bigger goals at this point in their drive to capitalize on the UK.

75% of Network subs are in the US, that's why I brought up US-centric sports re: viewership numbers.

Yeah, and you can't possibly fathom that introducing another show in another region coupled with a media blitz over there might be an attempt to get new subscribers there?

• Locked thread