Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Nothing much, watching the game, drinking a bud

fatherdog posted:

Hermes Franca was an exceptionally talented BJJ guy (still the only guy to submit Nate Diaz iirc) who had a habit of forgetting he knew BJJ and charging forward winging haymakers in the ring. Then he got put in jail for rape.

Those of you have not seen many Franca fights need to. When fatherdog says "winging haymakers" he is underselling it. Franca windmills his arms at his opponent. His striking was HORRIBLE, even considering the time period in which he fought.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Why does it never go the other way? Have we ever had a high-level striker take up MMA and then decide that he was a good grappler and start shooting lovely doubles on people all day while forgetting to jab?

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

I think its more down to "the punchers chance" being a thing while the wrestlefuckers chance is hard work.

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?
i think it happens in desperate situations, like when cyborg got tired and took nick down and was instantly armbarred when he was winning on the feet

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
Or McGregor against Holloway and Diaz.

Schenck v. U.S.
Sep 8, 2010
There are at least a few examples of strikers being more eager to follow guys to the ground for gnp than they probably should. Mark Hunt was frequently guilty of that, like when he fought Struve and scared the poo poo out of his fans by fearlessly diving into his guard again and again. If you have archives that'd be a fun GDT to dig up, see what people were saying when he was doing that.

i!ii!!iii!!!ii!!i!
Jan 5, 2011

Cool avs beyond this door.
Drew UFC 36 and, looking at the card, feel I am in for a real throwback treat. (Initial thought: "Hey, I recognize almost all of these names!")

Did a quick search to make sure no one else has it but lmk if I need to draw again.

Siamang
Nov 15, 2003
Just watched Diaz/Daley. That was an insane round. Going to check out the Huerta/Garcia and Diaz/Franca fights tonight. Thanks to everyone for all the additional info - this has been super educational and fills in a lot of history I otherwise would never have known

Edit - Just watched Garcia/Huerta too. Garcia is tough! Standup was a brawl but Huerta seemed to have the advantage in conditioning and it showed on the ground.

Siamang fucked around with this message at 03:18 on Jan 19, 2017

Chexoid
Nov 5, 2009

Now that I have this dating robot I can take it easy.
UFC 99 Report By Chexoid, Age 8

I see Gladiator Guy and I miss him.

Haha oh poo poo, Caol Uno is still around?

Marcus Davis vs Dan Hardy first. It occurs to me that Hardy is like the early much crappier prototype of Conor Mcgregor. During the walkouts Joe and Mike spend a lot of time talking about how much Davis and Hardy hate each other.

Rd 1.
Haha Davis takes Hardy down and mounts him instantly. Trying to sell Hardy as a threat to GSP had to be the hardest marketing gig ever.

Actually impressed at Davis’ ability to maintain top position. I don’t remember him being much of a grappler.

Rd 2.
Oof. Hardy drops Davis with a huge knee. Then Davis throws up an armbar from guard. I remembered this fight being totally blah but it’s better than I remember so far. Lots of “These guys hate each other soooooo much!” as they both act totally indifferent to one another.

Rd 3.

Davis goes for the classic futile heel hook to give up top position. I feel like we don’t see that as much anymore. Hardy gets on top and fucks up Davis’ face really bad, a chilling portent of things to come.

Dan Hardy kind of takes over after the failed heel hook but nothing major. If Davis hadn’t gone for it he probably would have won.

Dan Hardy wins a unanimous decision. Okay fight, definitely didn’t feel the Anger of a Heated Feud though

Caol Uno vs Spencer Fisher now.

Rd 1.
Not much to talk about in the first round. Lots of clinching with no one gaining a clear advantage.

Rd 2.
Second round starts and Uno hits takedown right away but Fisher gets up quickly. Uno’s shot is really quick but Fisher sees it coming every time and sprawls well. Uno hits a pretty slick little sweep and ends up in Fisher’s guard. Fisher sweeps him right back with a double ankle grab. Joe Rogan is talking up Uno like crazy. Fisher tries a trip but Uno ends up on top. Joe Rogan is trying to explain to a very bored crowd that there is cool stuff going on here, and he’s kind of right. He calls Uno and Fisher “two masters” which is a bit of a stretch.

Rd 3.

Uno does a neat move where he dives on a single leg, then switches to the other leg super fast. Joe Rogan just called people who don’t like this fight Drunken Meatheads. Fisher gets sidemount and Uno does a cool little sweep to get up. So far Uno has been diving on single legs and not doing much else. Manages to take Fisher down and mount him late. Uno puts himself back in half guard, and that is some slick poo poo. Uno is loving Fisher up from the mount now. If he got this earlier he might have finished him.

Spencer wins the unanimous decision and Joe Rogan is Incredulous. Nothing much happened in the first two rounds so it’s hard to argue either way. Cool grappling at times but not much else.

Mike Swick vs Ben Saunders

Rd 1.
Swick is on Top in guard and nothing is happening. Swick loudly says “You gonna hold me all night.” then proceeds to do absolutely nothing. Saunders says “We can stand back up bitch.” and does nothing. Joe Rogan declares that Saunders is the better trash talker because he said “Bitch.” They get stood up and Joe says “Now we’re gonna see the angry Mike Swick” as Mike Swick does nothing.

Rd 2.
Second Round starts and we’re back in guard again. Ben saunders has the body triangle from guard which is my signal to start reading something in another tab for a minute. Stood up again. Lots of attempts at thai clinches and knees. Out of nowhere Swick launches into a combo and starts lighting Saunders up. Drops him and it’s over. Thank God. Neat finish but 90% of that fight was bad. Swick Rd. 2 TKO

Cro Cop vs Al-Turk now.
Time to get real depressed. I was such a gigantic cro cop fan.

Goldberg says that Cro Cop is waiting to set something up. Doesn’t realize that Cro Cop’s new thing is just not doing anything and being sad. They circle for a bit. Cro Cop lands a straight left, hurts him, drops him. Lets him stand back up and Al-Turk get brutally eye poked coming in, the ref doesn’t notice and Cro cop finishes Al-Turk. Cro Cop actually looked pretty dangerous once he had him hurt :unsmith: Mike Goldberg really likes the way that “Croatian population” sounds. Round 1 TKO.

Kongo vs Velasquez

Goldberg: “Kongo knows that if he wins, he steps one st-.... He steps one bit more to a title shot.”
Antoni Hardonk mention. Remember that guy. Cain enters, doesn’t have his mariachi entrance thing yet. They are really hyping up Cain as the next big thing. Already talking about his Cardio, which i think is interesting since by this point he hadn’t even reached the third round yet in his career. Goldberg mentions that Cain has only been on his back for 3 seconds in his career. Has that remained intact? I guess Brock got him down for a few seconds.

Rd1 and Cain gets dropped 30 seconds in, pushes through for the takedown. They scramble and Cain ends up in mount and gets a deep RNC but it doesn’t happen. Joe is trying to talk about the fight as Goldberg waxes poetic about the will of mexican fighters. Cain is all over him. Every time kongo gets up Cain slams him back down and is passing his guard. His pace really is ridiculous. The lower tiers of heavyweight just have no chance against him on the ground. Now Joe is talking about Warrior Spirit. To kongo’s credit he gets up and ends the round on his feet.

Rd 2 and Cain gets dropped 30 seconds in, and Kongo pushes for a takedown. Wait, what? That doesn’t work obviously and Cain gets him down easily. Cain takes his back easily and Kongo looks like he’s giving up. Rest of the round is Cain 101, lots of punches and knees as the other guy turtles up.

Rd 3
Cain charges in again, gets clipped but not hurt and Kongo pushes for a takedown. It fails miserably and Cain takes his back. Joe is busy starting the “Cain is pillow fisted” narrative. Joe is talking about his ground and pound compared to Shane Carwin’s and goldberg says “Godfather of ground and pound, Mark Coleman.” He says this completely unprompted and for no reason whatsoever. Kongo gets back up and manages to hurt Cain in the clinch. Cain still takes him down effortlessly. Cain gets the crucifix which had to be pretty rare in those days as Joe starts explaining what it is. Fight ends with Kongo trying to land hammerfists from under mount. Cain wins a unanimous decision.

Rich Franklin vs Wanderlei Silva.

Rd1 Mostly circling. Franklin is feinting a lot and Silva is swinging wild and getting countered but not by anything major. Franklin lands a good body kick but silva takes him down off it. Franklin gets up, they clinch and Silva pulls guard for a guillotine but it doesn’t work. Franklin mounts him but Silva gets up right away. Franklin is very casual and composed in his corner between rounds, discussing if getting taken down cost him the round.

Rd 2. They are both swinging pretty wild now. Franklin is landing some good kicks. Franklin drops Silva with a stiff jab but Silva is right back up. Crowd is firmly pro Silva, cheering every time he even comes close with a hook. Silva is trying really hard to counter the body kicks but its not happening. Right as I say that, he rocks Franklin with a combination after Franklin lands a leg kick. Franklin’s hurt and Silva is pushing now. Nothing comes of it and the round ends.

Rd 3.

Silva is now swinging like crazy any time Franklin does anything, and is very clearly gassed. Franklin jabbing and kicking. Silva still swinging, ends up landing a good knee in the clinch. With 30 seconds left Silva tries to pour it on and land something but Franklin takes him down with a body lock. Fight ends with that weird moment where Franklin has Silva’s back in the clinch, and Silva starts elbowing him in the face backwards, and Franklin starts punching him in the face at the same time from behind. Not a super great fight but the crowd seems happy. Franklin wins a unanimous decision.

Chexoid fucked around with this message at 04:49 on Jan 19, 2017

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Chexoid posted:

UFC 99 Report By Chexoid, Age 8

I see Gladiator Guy and I miss him.

Haha oh poo poo, Caol Uno is still around?

fatherdog, in September of 2013 posted:

Caol Uno had his first fight in Shooto in 1996, and he's fighting again next month.

fatherdog, in April of 2016 posted:

Remember this? According to sherdog, Uno is scheduled to fight in five days on SHOOTO - MOBSTYLES PRESENTS FIGHT & MOSH. If that actually happens, Uno's active fighting career will have officially spanned twenty years, during which there is not a single year in which he did not fight. That is absolutely flabbergasting.

quote:

Dan Hardy wins a unanimous decision. Okay fight, definitely didn’t feel the Anger of a Heated Feud though

It may not have come across in the fight but it was hilarious in the interviews building up for it, Hardy very calmly and matter-of-factly got Davis into a frothing rage. I think it's my second favorite series of pre-fight interviews, right up there with Frank Mir casually dissecting the flaws in Kongo's game while Kongo's manager gets visibly red-faced mad.

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011

fatherdog posted:

It may not have come across in the fight but it was hilarious in the interviews building up for it, Hardy very calmly and matter-of-factly got Davis into a frothing rage. I think it's my second favorite series of pre-fight interviews, right up there with Frank Mir casually dissecting the flaws in Kongo's game while Kongo's manager gets visibly red-faced mad.

my favourite pre-fight interviews are rich franklin and dan henderson, where dan said he would beat the poo poo out of rich and rich was like "let's hope it doesn't come to that". and for a recent classic you have henry cejudo saying joe b wan is a bad rolemodel, and benavidez responding by saying "i used to gently caress guys like you in high school"

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Who can forget this classic?

https://youtu.be/WDgLWGJ0-8o

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

david carmichael posted:

my favourite pre-fight interviews are rich franklin and dan henderson, where dan said he would beat the poo poo out of rich and rich was like "let's hope it doesn't come to that". and for a recent classic you have henry cejudo saying joe b wan is a bad rolemodel, and benavidez responding by saying "i used to gently caress guys like you in high school"

"Wow, that's a lot of dimensions."

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.
UFC 120: Bisping vs. Akiyama

Michael “The Count” Bisping vs. Yoshihiro “Sexyama” Akiyama
Dan “The Outlaw” Hardy vs. Carlos “The Natural Born Killer” Condit
“The Hitman” John Hathaway vs. Mike “Quicksand” Pyle
Travis “Papa” Browne vs. Cheik Kongo
Claude “The Prince” Patrick vs. James “Lightning” Wilks

UFC 120 is the first fight in England since UFC 105.

I’m pretty excited for this card! All but one fight has a Brit in it and I am hoping to see a lot of crazy brawling. Bisping is the current middleweight champion and Akiyama has come off of two consecutive fight of the night awards, so this should be fun. I’ve heard of Dan Hardy and his red mohawk is relatively iconic, but I have never seen him fight. Carlos Condit is pretty legendary as well, so their should be great. I have never seen Hathaway or Pyle before, but one is a Brit who goes by “Hitman” and the other is an American calling himself “Quicksand”, so I think I know how this fight will go. Travis Browne is undefeated at this point in his career and I have heard Cheik Kongo’s name thrown around a ton, so I am sure this will be a fantastic slugfest that, hopefully, ends with Browne sitting on his rear end. The card will start with Claude Patrick vs. James Wilks. Wilks... Wilks... Where have I heard that name before?

Fat Twitter Man posted:

I thought the British Wrestling joke got a bit old here, but Wilks exemplified it in this fight. He gassed like a heavyweight, completed one of like a million takedowns, and apparently wanted to try the Kongo wall and stall the entire fight. I'm glad he died or whatever after this fight so I never had to see him again.

I wish you were right, Fat Twitter Man, because then I never would have had to watch this clown fight! :negative:

Unfortunately the prelims are not included on the PPV. Most of the fighters listed on it I have never heard of, except for Alexander Gustafsson. According to Wikipedia he submits a “Cyrille Diabete” in the second round with a rear-naked choke.

Claude Patrick vs. James Wilks

Without further ado, out comes Claude “The Prince” Patrick. :stare: Omg, what the gently caress is wrong with his head? :psyboom:

This dude has a forehead like a castrated narwhal. What rear end in a top hat thought putting him in a HEADRUSH shirt was a good idea?

I swear to god, he right angles. Did his mother make him sleep in a corner? His plagiocephaly is so bad he looks like Rubber Johnny’s half-brother.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eRvfxWRi6qQ
Seriously, look at this, it’s the battle of the Anglo vs. the Angle:

James Wilks is a British fighter who apparently won The Ultimate Fighter: United States vs. United Kingdom. Buffer calls him a “combat submission wrestler”.

And. Here. We... Go.
The Prince is moving pretty well for a man that can’t shift laterally without risking a broken neck. Lightning is plodding around the cage in a desperate attempt to reinforce British fight stereotypes. Patrick gets double underhooks and takes Wilks down pretty effortlessly. “He’s in halfguard... OMOPLATAno”. Wilks is completely helpless on his back. Patrick consistently passes without effort, but doesn’t seem to be doing much with it. The Angle makes no attempt to submit the Anglo. Wilks gets a cut under his eye from a nasty elbow. Patrick consistently postures up, strikes, and then shifts around again.

10-9 by my count

Wilks does a better job avoiding Patrick, but they clinch pretty quickly. Wilks is against the cage and not giving up the double underhooks again, so Patrick can’t throw him as easily. The Prince backs off and then sets up a beautiful left straight that rocks Lightning. It is easily the best punch of the fight so far. They go to the ground again and the crowd starts booing. I don’t know if they’re upset that the hometown fighter is losing or because they’re tired of watching a bad grapple manhandle a really bad grappler, but I agree with them. ”NORTH SOUTH CHO-nevermind”.

20-18 imo

Patrick immediately starts looking to set up another clinch and takedown. He gets it pretty easily. The crowd starts booing again. Wilks is going to spend almost 4 minutes of the third round completely flat on his back. “North South Cho- oh he let it go.” Joe concedes that this isn’t very exciting, but Patrick is doing what he needs to win.

30-27 by my count. The judges agree with me. James Wilks nods, acknowledging that all four of us are right and he is very bad. Patrick is now on an 11 fight win streak. He went on to fight two more times in the UFC, most recently losing a decision to Brian Ebersole in UFC 140. Wilks never fought again. According to Wikipedia he is a notorious vegan, which is surprising, since I have seen him eat leather for 15 straight minutes.

Cut to Michael Bisping walking around dressed like a Russian mobster.

Travis Browne vs. Cheik Kongo

We get several minutes of completely uneventful hyping by both fighters. Travis says this is the biggest fight of his career, Cheik agrees because “no one knows who Travis Browne is”.

Cheik looks like he is in incredible shape. He came into the fight nearly 30 pounds lighter than Browne, so I expect him to run circles around Travis. Hopefully he picks him apart for several minutes before knocking him out.

Joe begins praising Cheik and cuts just short of calling him “articulate and clean”.

Browne immediately starts charging forward swinging wildly. Cheik dodges with ease and begins working leg kicks.
“Kongo’s leg kicks are heavy.”
“Everything he does is heavy.”
Browne can’t keep his arms up and doesn’t seem to be attempting to defend himself. Kongo doesn’t push the advantage. The crowd starts chanting “Let’s Go Kongo”. I found this pretty surprising. I didn’t expect a British crowd to cheer for the French fighter. Midway through the fight Kongo rushes in and gets caught with two big lefts. They clinch, but Browne can’t even take down a stunned Cheik. They break, and Papa again resorts to wild punches that\ a wobbly Cheik evades easily. Browne has such a massive windup to his right hand that even through all the stars he must be seeing Kongo has no trouble stepping away. Browne can never maintain pressure for more than two or three steps and doesn’t seem to realize that he isn’t fencing; there is room for lateral movement.

10-9

Browne again charges forward bullishly, Kongo adapts and knees Browne in the dick. Joe calls it “one of his best techniques”. The referee stops them and Kongo immediately starts sucking wind. I thought he was in better shape. They resume and Kongo finally starts applying pressure. Browne clinches with him, and Kongo immediately starts working Browne’s legs over. (I am confused. Kongo is far more agile and Browne has no agility or side-to-side movement. Why does Cheik keep hitting the leg? Is he just trying to slow down an already immobile opponent, or is he just going for points?) The ref breaks up the clinch before it gets too repetitive. I appreciate it. Within 30 seconds they’re right back on the cage with Cheik working the same leg shots. Browne scores a takedown just before the bell. Cheik takes a while to stand up, clearly exhausted.

19-19

Immediate clinch and Kongo... uh....

I can hear Browne complaining about the shorts pulling/ dick grabbing. Kongo releases, and then grabs again as soon as he thinks he can. The ref gives Cheik a warning. Cheik immediately starts pulling shorts again. Browne keeps bitching. Goddard intervenes and scolds him for being a boring fighter and a lousy cheat.

More clinching. More shorts holding. :cripes: God dammit Kongo. The ref yells at Kongo to stop grabbing shorts, but doesn’t deduct another point. These fighters are trash. They’ve gassed completely and Rogan’s commentary is just “he’s holding the shorts again. The camera zooms in on Cheik’s hand while he keeps cheating.

The round mercifully ends. Cheik should probablydefinitely have had a second deduction. I don’t know how I would score that pathetic third round. I never want to see either of these fighters again. Make it 8-8. Is that possible? This fight broke me. At this point I have lost interest in the rest of the card. I can’t believe I wasted time on that.

All three judges score it 28-28. Travis Browne remains undefeated.

John Hathaway vs. Mike Pyle

The Hitman Hathaway is currently 14-0. He recently defeated Diego Sanchez by decision. He’s British, but I notice he is sponsored by https://www.ammotogo.com. Is there much of an ammunition market in the UK? I don’t know.

Decent first round. Pyle is better on the ground and feet. Scores a great takedown and lands a big right hand a few times.

10-9 for Pyle

Second round it takes Pyle a few attempts before he completes the takedown. He gets Hathaway into a mounted triangle, which I have never seen before. Hathaway is completely helpless at this point. Pyle just keeps delivering shots to his unprotected head. Good lord, he is just getting wrecked.

20-18, maybe 20-17

Hathaway is again on his back quickly and looks absolutely miserable. It is clearly going to be his first professional loss.

All judges find the fight 30-27.

Dan Hardy vs. Carlos Condit

The promos roll and the trash talk is absolutely laaaaaaaame. This is the first time the production looks cheap and dated. These two just can not sell a grudge match, probably because they don’t actually have one. When the hype is done Rogan just gives a half-laugh half-groan while Goldberg grunts. 25 seconds of silence ensue.

Condit’s walkout shirt reads “DO NOT MISTAKE MY KINDNESS FOR WEAKNESS I TAKE CARE OF BUSINESS”. Dan Hardy fights out of Nottingham, which I guess explains why he likes to be called ‘The Outlaw”.

Rogan, “These two fighters could not be more different.”
Goldie, “As you said, Joe, these men are mirror images of each other.”
…........

https://www.danhardymma.com

Good back and forth by both fighters. We finally have two men in the cage who not only look like they want to fight, they actually look like they have fought before. Each one will launch a combination while the other looks to counter. The entire first round is standup. At 4:27 both fighters step in for massive left hooks. Condit’s lands first and Hardy is out cold. Excellent knockout, good fight. This almost makes up for the previous three snooze fests.

Joe questions the recently woken Hardy, “Dan, tell us what you think went wrong here.”
“Uhhhhhhhh I got punched in the face.”

I like this Hardy guy. When he isn’t pretending he hates a dude he’s never met for ratings he comes across as a pretty cool dude.

Bisping vs. Akiyama

Finally. The main event. I’m really excited for this. I have only seen the Bisping Rockhold fight and Michael always comes across as an unlikable prick to me. Akiyama seems cool though. Apparently he is pretty into fashion, earning himself the nickname “Sexyama”. I like him.

Sexyama has fought in the UFC twice, earning two Fight of the Night awards, but losing both fights. He trained with Greg Jackson for this event and I don’t know what to expect.

Michael Bisping is a Polish aristocrat? Huh. No wonder he is so unlikable.

Bisping enters the cage and immediately shakes hands with Akiyama. The atmosphere here seems pretty friendly and professional, which I really enjoy. After the terribly fake dick-waving of the previous fight this is refreshing. Tale of the Tape... Bisping is 4” taller, but the reach is identifcal. Akiyama is built like a pitbull. Bisping starts swaggering around, preening for the crowd. His resemblance to Draco Malfoy is eery. Akiyama shows all the emotion of a lizard. He doesn’t seem to give a gently caress.

Let’s go!

:aaa:

Wow. Ten seconds in and Akiyama almost kills Bisping with an overhand right. That’s one of the most solid punches I have ever seen and Bisping barely seems fazed by it. Of course Rogan starts screaming “he’s hurt”. Do we have a Rogan & Goldberg drinking game yet? It wouldn’t be hard to make one.

Bisping is keeping up a fantastic pace. Lots of darting and feinting. Akiyama is very steady. Measure twice, cut once. I like his precision, but he’s not going to win on the scorecard this way. Bisping kicks Akiyama in the dick. Akiyama bends over in pain but the ref orders them to continue fighting. Akiyama then kicks Bisping in the dick. Michael grimaces, but in a show of sportsmanship motions to Akiyama to continue. Akiyama throws a wicked spinning backfist that just grazes the tip of Bisping’s nose. Bisping smiles and gives Akiyama a thumbs up. Both fighters start grinning, pause, fistbump, and then continue.

10-9 Bisping

Great fight so far. The great attitude of both fighters is very cool. I like seeing both guys have fun out there like that. Bisping’s brashness is starting to win me over.

Bisping doesn’t sit down at the break. He tells his corner he can’t see out of his right eye.

The final two rounds are much like the first. Bisping keeps up his crazy pace while landing combinations. Akiyama calmly walks through most of it and pursues the knockout. Judges score it 30-27. Also Akiyama caught another wicked kick in the dick in round 3.

Man, this card was tough to get through. The first three fights are terrible slogs, but the last two are pretty good. My recommendation would be to just watch the final two fights on their own. Bisping vs. Akiyama is a great fight and worth checking out. Condit vs. Hardy is also fun. I hope Cheik Kongo and Travis Browne both asphyxiate horribly, so they know what watching their fight was like.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
what can he do about his skull? its not even that unusual

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
I still need to post a summary, took a bit longer than I thought it would since some serious Gomi studies were required

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

I.N.R.I posted:

He could grow his hair back out. :shrug:

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Chichevache posted:

He could grow his hair back out. :shrug:

His head looks pretty normal to me.

It's Hapa Browne. Not Papa.

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

I.N.R.I posted:

Agreed

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

...and the pitch! posted:

:lol: I had no idea. I thought it was just a Goldberg gently caress up.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

...and the pitch! posted:

His head looks pretty normal to me.

It's 'Tiki themed turd Golem'

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Chichevache posted:

:lol: I had no idea. I thought it was just a Goldberg gently caress up.

My university had a lot of Polynesians. It's not a super common word.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"
:toot::birddrugs::toot:

I'm taking my time catching up on this thread and holy poo poo guys, it's classic. I've only got to the second page.

Once I get through the good effort posts I'll poo poo it up with an event.

Who was it that we made watch Gracie Sakuraba and drunk post their thoughts? They need a medal.

Chexoid
Nov 5, 2009

Now that I have this dating robot I can take it easy.
Rewatching UFC 86 and ahaha Joe Rogan calls Tyson Griffin a future hall of famer.

Easy to forget all the Next Big Things that just kind of vanished. RIP to Todd Duffee, Tyson Griffin, Erick Silva, Roger Huerta, and eventually Uriah Hall.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Captain Log posted:

Who was it that we made watch Gracie Sakuraba and drunk post their thoughts? They need a medal.

Yo

It was a 110 minute video that has since been taken down and the whole thing can be summed up by this line:

Memento posted:

Holy poo poo only five minutes into this round. This whole video is just this fight, isn’t it? :smith:

Memento fucked around with this message at 06:30 on Jan 29, 2017

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

Chexoid posted:

Rewatching UFC 86 and ahaha Joe Rogan calls Tyson Griffin a future hall of famer.

Easy to forget all the Next Big Things that just kind of vanished. RIP to Todd Duffee, Tyson Griffin, Erick Silva, Roger Huerta, and eventually Uriah Hall.

You missed Brendan Lee Hinkle. They were so obviously trying to build him when Liddell/Couture was the only really big fight they had. Only for him to get chocked out by Jeff Monson in his second fight in the UFC, on the back of like a 10 fight win streak against nobodies in The Japanese B leagues.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Memento posted:

Yo

It was a 110 minute video that has since been taken down and the whole thing can be summed up by this line:

You deserve a medal. The pro-ist post.

(I don't know if I ever made it through the whole fight but I don't remember a good deal of my twenties)

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

This seemed like a fun idea so I rolled and got UFC 155, as far as I can tell this hasn't been picked up on yet. It's headlined by Junior dos Santos vs. Cain Velasquez in a rematch from UFC 146. I'm familiar with both names but haven't seen much of either of them fighting so I'm hoping the rematch was a good one. Watching and taking notes now which I'll try to write up into something that makes some sense.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Jerusalem posted:

This seemed like a fun idea so I rolled and got UFC 155, as far as I can tell this hasn't been picked up on yet. It's headlined by Junior dos Santos vs. Cain Velasquez in a rematch from UFC 146. I'm familiar with both names but haven't seen much of either of them fighting so I'm hoping the rematch was a good one. Watching and taking notes now which I'll try to write up into something that makes some sense.

Thinking of becoming a fan? The main event is.... Quite something.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I've watched the odd UFC PPV here and there (usually a McGregor or Rousey headlined show) and normally enjoy it, figured I might as well broaden my horizons. There is a ton of (often delightfully bizarre) history to UFC.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

UFC 155

Cain Velasquez vs Junior dos Santos (C) - Heavyweight
Jim Miller vs Joe Lauzon - Lightweight
Costas Philippou vs Tim Boetsch - Middleweight
Yushin Okami vs Alan Belcher - Middleweight
Derek Brunson vs Chris Leben - Middleweight

We're live from the MGM Grand, a lot of empty seats but I'm guessing they will fill up as the night goes on. Jon Anik introduces the show with Joe Rogan, looks like I got one of the few shows Mike Goldberg wasn't on.

Chris Leben vs Derek Brunson
During the opening package both men agree Brunson needs to wrestle to beat Leben, who expects an "exciting show". This is Brunson's UFC debut after fighting in Strikeforce, which I guess technically makes him a 0-0 fighter. Leben is older, shorter and has less of a reach. My completely unscientific and ignorant guess is that this makes Brunson somewhat of the favorite since apparently his wrestling is better and Leben will have to get in closer to try and strike him. We'll see how that guess stands up.

Round 1: Brunson throws the early strikes and kicks but gets caught quick by Leben, but manages to take him down the mat. It will become increasingly obvious how little I know about grappling - Brunson is on top but I can't really tell if he's dominant or Leben is controlling him. I'll have to rely heavily on the commentary here. Lots of attempts to get hold of the limbs of each other, my impression is that Brunson is getting the better of it and commentary seems to agree. They get back up against the cage and Brunson is looking exhausted, when they finally break the round ends. Leben looks fine till he sits down, extremely quiet. His corner are very calm though explaining what needs to be done and he seems to be listening.

- There's an ad for Movie 43 on the canvas... that's an unpleasant memory.

Round 2: Back up against the cage, Brunson is trying to force Leben to the floor but can't overpower him. They break and Leben scores a nice shot, but this time Brunson succeeds in unbalancing him and getting him back to the ground. Leben is scoring a lot of elbows to the top of Brunson's head, the commentary suggests this is just to "annoy" him which... well, I guess that's accurate! Back up they trade a few strikes again and Leben seems the more aggressive of the two initially but Brunson begins pushing him back again. 30 seconds to go and Brunson is looking tired again and it feels like he's trying to eat up the time and get the round over with. Both guys take a couple of wild swings that miss and look like they tire themselves out more than anything else.

- Brunson takes a knee while waiting for his cornerman to get in place. They insist he calm down, weather the storm they're expecting from Leben to start the round and then to throw strikes and then go for Takedowns when Leben is dazed.

Round 3: Leben does NOT come out in a flurry throwing everything he can at Brunson. Brunson doesn't throw any strikes but goes straight for the takedown and gets Leben to the ground. Leben throws more of those "annoying" blows to Brunson's head. Back up they spend a lot of time moving around the ring throwing the odd shot but not really being too aggressive. Crowd starts booing and the commentary questions whether Leben might be too tired to do anything. Brunson gets a great looking takedown on Leben, tries to get a few shots in and then is back up on his feet for the last 15 seconds. Leben comes at him but can't really connect, and when the time runs out Brunson lets out a hilarious little roar and drops onto his back. Leben looks disgusted :lol:

Joe Rogan: I want to see a replay of the scream and Leben's face, that was the most exciting part of the fight.

My pre-announcement guess: Brunson will win that but I imagine the scorecards will be close. I can't see Leben being awarded any of the rounds though.

Winner: Unanimous 29-28 decision to Brunson. That's what I "predicted" and the scorecards seem about right, but it wasn't the way I thought the fight would go at all. Based on the pre-fight videos I expected Leben to be all over Brunson with striking but he seemed pretty hesitant. Brunson didn't really impress at all, though given it was his first UFC fight maybe the nerves just got to him? Looking him up after the fight I see he has a pretty good record and is still fighting.

Yushin Okami vs Alan Belcher
A rematch from UFC 62 (which was also their respective debuts), Okami won that match. Interesting that in the pre-fight interviews, Okami is the one who brings up the victory and says he wants to prove it was no fluke, while Belcher just says that beating Okami will get him closer to a title fight. I can't make even an unscientific/ignorant prediction as to who I expect to win the fight - age, height, weight and reach wise they're practically identical. Okami has had more fights and a prior victory over Belcher, so I'm gonna go with Okami based almost entirely on the fact Belcher has one of the ugliest tattoos I've ever seen.

Round 1: Very energetic start from both, very even. Belcher attempts a kick and gets knocked on his rear end and is up like a shot - just knocked off balance as opposed to hurt I'm sure but the crowd is very excited to see it happen. Okami gets Belcher against the cage and gets a few shots to his side, but Belcher seems largely unfazed and in fact turns things around by dropiping Okami to the ground and almost manages to get a guillotine. Okami is on top and seems to be getting the better of him, Belcher is breathing heavily which can be heard through the mic, you can hear him struggling for breath which is actually kinda unsettling. The round ends with Okami seeming to have dominated, he certainly looks the better off of the two as they go to their corners.

- Of course, both corners enthusiastically tell their fighter that they clearly won the round :)

Round 2: Another energetic start but Okami quickly gets Belcher back up against the cage... but Belcher takes down Okami! I thought Belcher might be getting the best of things but Okami seems to quickly reestablish control. The ref stands them up which the commentators agree with, and they begin throwing strikes, with Belcher hitting Okami with a good one. Okami backs Belcher up to the cage anmd brings him back down to the canvas, and once again you can hear Belcher puffing and blowing as Okami exhausts him further. The ref stands them up again but nothing much happens before the time runs out, and the crowd doesn't sound pleased about it.

- A replay shows the one square hit that Belcher managed to land on Okami after the first stand-up. Joe Rogan opines that this is the ONE highlight of the fight for Belcher so far. Ouch.

Round 3: They go at it fast again to start and this time Belcher gets the knock-down on Okami, though just like Belcher did in round one Okami is straight back up indicating it was more of a slip. Belcher actually takes Okami down! The commentators are insisting that Belcher needs to finish the fight here, that he's already lost on the scorecard and this is his only chance. loving Okami stands up with Belcher on top of him :stare: Belcher brings him back down but can't lock Okami down and the commentators declare this effectively ends the match, they can't see Okami losing. The crowd are baying at the lack of action as Okami keeps Belcher down and Belcher fails to retake control or escape. 10 seconds left and Belcher actually connects with a pretty solid looking elbow right to Okami's face, but it's too little too late. Time is up and the crowd boos, but Okami is delighted and well he should be.

My pre-announcement guess: To my eyes Okami completely dominated all three rounds. I'm guessing an unanimous decision and I will be very surprised if it isn't 30-27 for all three.

Winner: Unanimous decision, two judges score it 30-27 and one scores it 29-28. The latter is a real surprise to me, I don't see how Belcher won a single one of those rounds. I was surprised to see Okami only had a couple more UFC appearances after this before moving on to World Series of Fighting where he apparently is still fighting to this day. Apparently he was released because Dana White saw him as a guy people can beat to be seen as legit, but not as a guy who would actually fight for a Championship? That's kinda seems like bullshit to be honest.

- Jaime Pressly's skeleton is in attendance.

Tim Boetsch vs Costas Philippou

Both guys are undefeated in 2012, which means one of them will suffer his first loss of the year. That's a cool hook for the fight! Boetsch also claims (with a great big smile!) that he missed Christmas with the family because of his training camp so he's going to knock out Costas for it. I think I love Tim Boetsch :allears:

- Bruce Buffer informs me that CornNuts are the official Cornnut Snacks of the UFC.

Round 1: Boetsch gets Philippou against the cage almost immediately but it takes a good minute for him to get his takedown. They're soon back up and Boetsch is trying for it again but Costas eventually breaks free. They circle each other for a good couple of minutes and it seems to be Boetsch putting on all the pressure, but Costas is the one to score a solid uppercut in the exchange. Boetsch manages a takedown in the middle of the ring but never seems able to get the advantage and the ref stands them up with 30 seconds to go. Costas is suddenly all over Boetsch with striking but with bare seconds to go a front kick sends him falling back. The crowd is very excited but the round ends before anything more can happen.

- The commentators claim to have heard Boetsch's corner say that he has broken something, but they're fuzzy on the details.

Round 2: Another even start but Boetsch is bleeding heavily from the forehead. He tries for another takedown but it goes nowhere. They exchange some blows and then go back to circling, but another aborted attempt at a takedown sees Boetsch get poked in the eye and lose his mouthguard, causing a break. The crowd are NOT pleased at the (slow-mo) replay but the ref correctly categorizes it as an accident. Boetsch clears his vision and they go back at it, with Boetsch again failing at his takedown attempt. They both end up on the ground with Costas dominant, and Boetsch is a bloody mess as the round ends.

- Boetsch's corner gives the advice to finish his takedowns, and to just keep trying them until they succeed. That may be Boetsch's only chance but it seems pretty shallow advice, especially with his face all bloody and his sight probably impacted as a result.

Round 3: Boetsch follows advice, trying two takedowns in a row but Costas easily breaks free both times, even stepping back and allowing a bloodied Boetsch to clear his vision and get back up. Good sportsmanship, but Boetsch's vision is so impaired it makes me question if the match should continue... and it doesn't! Costas finally chooses not to break and starts laying shots into a defenceless Boetsch and the ref calls an end to it.

Winner: Costas Philippou by TKO. Even before the blood he seemed to be getting the best of the match, even when Boetsch was being more aggressive Costas seemed to be picking and choosing his moments well. Looks like Boetsch's lost Christmas goes unavenged and his undefeated run through 2012 is derailed with only two days left in the year.

Jim Miller vs Joe Lauzon

Jim Miller thinks he can sub out anybody on the planet, while it's unclear if Joe Lauzon knows he can fly without that magic feather yet.

Both guys look evenly matched with a roughly similar record, so I have no idea who to back or expect to win this fight.

Round 1: Battling in the blood of Tim Boetsch, they test each other out for the first minute. A minor slip by Lauzon and Miller is all over him immediately, and he continues to be the more aggressive of the two as he drives Lauzon back to the cage time and again. Lauzon is aggressive trying to fight his way out too, but he does seem to be slightly on the back foot... oh poo poo MILLER'S KILLING HIM! Blood explodes to mix with Boetsch's, Miller is just smashing Lauzon in the face over and over! The ref calls for a time stoppage to try to clear up the cut as best as possible. They're right back at it straight afterwards though, Miller is coated in Lauzon's blood and it just seems to have fired him up all the more. Lauzon actually manages to get himself back into the fight and in a perfect encapsulation of the round so far both attempt a front kick and both get knocked down in the process. They go at it again evenly until Miller lands a shot that just seems to make time stand still, Lauzon looks completely flummoxed for a moment then Miller grasps it just a second too late and tries to take advantage. Lauzon manages to maintain and even hits a knee to Miller's chest as the round ends and the crowd gives a standing ovation (well deserved).

- Round of the night so far, and this is definitely the best match unless something goes horribly wrong.

Round 2: Lauzon's corner has cleaned him up as best they can and insisted that he has taken the best Miller has got. It's what they have to say but as remarkable as Lauzon's survival was Miller sure as hell has a lot more he can deliver and Lauzon is lucky to still be standing. Miller takes Lauzon down and the blood is already flowing again. Even knowing nothing about grappling I gotta figure all that blood makes it near to impossible to actually lock in anything with any degree of control. Miller attempts a D'arce Choke but Lauzon manages to slip out and get Miller on his back. The crowd is infuriated when the ref calls for a time-out to cut a loose bit of tape from Lauzon's wrist. Lauzon and Miller are not allowed to move through this which just feels absolutely bizarre to me, I'm sure there is a very good reason for it but it almsot seems farcical. Lauzon tries to lift Miller up and they wrestle for position, but as Miller tries to get back to his leet Lauzon gets in a leg lock and then tries for a D'arce. Time runs out though - far less "action" than round 1 but still plenty to wow over, not least of which the fact Lauzon not only survived but even got the better of Miller at times.

- Lauzon's corner tells him to assume he's lost two rounds on the scorecard and therefore needs to finish Miller to win.

Round 3: They throw strikes and a kick and Lauzon ends up on his back, but Miller doesn't take the bait and the ref stands him up. Both guys look exhausted and I can't blame them. Miller seems to be the more aggressive but to be fair Lauzon has the niagra falls of blood pouring out of his eyes so it makes sense he wouldn't be coming forward constantly. With 30 seconds left Lauzon tries for a heel hook and gets Miller down, then grabs him up in a guillotine to try to finish him in the dying seconds of the match. He's too late as the time runs out, and both guys sit up to congratulate each other on surviving what was a goddamn bloodbath.

My pre-announcement guess: Jim Miller but it'll be close, I figure a unanimous 29-28 from each judge. Lauzon was tremendous though.

Winner: Yep, unanimous 29-28 decision. Dos Santos and Velasquez have a lot to live up to.

Joe Rogan interviews Miller who is very gracious to Lauzon. Both guys are still fighting in UFC to this day and I gotta check out more fights from both of them, this was just tremendous.

Junior dos Santos vs. Cain Velasquez

Dos Santos won the Heavyweight Title from Velasquez in their first fight, so it's a basic but compelling "story" - guy wants to avenge his loss and win his title back, it's a basic Rocky story.... which is why I found it hilarious that it is Dos Santos who comes out to the Rocky theme music. They look to be evenly matched though Dos Santos' previous victory over Cain would seem to make him the favorite, that is the ONLY loss on Cain's UFC career to this point.

Akin: Here we go Joe Rogan!
Rogan: Oh my goodness :neckbeard:

Round 1: Cain goes immediately for the takedown and brings him down, but Junior reverses it. It's all Cain on offense at first and he just keeps coming, the commentators saying that they know Cain can keep up the pace for 5 rounds but can Dos Santos? Junior throws a few shots as he mostly backs off from Cain's relentless offence, and Cain starts bleeding early (hell why not join Boetsch and Lauzon) but then Cain drops Dos Santos! Cain is all over him and throwing shots, and Dos Santos isn't defending himself at all. He gets back to his feet but is dropped back down quickly and somehow he makes it through to the end of the round, though his face is puffed up and bloody. Complete domination by Cain in round 1.

- Oh Jesus the replay I can almost see Dos Santos' brain bouncing in his skull :gonk:

Round 2: Dos Santos tries throwing some punches to at least hold back Cain as he just keeps on coming forward, but Cain takes down Dos Santos easily again... and again! Finally they get back to their feet and Cain is right on him again and forcing him back against the cage and taking him down AGAIN!

- "This is a mauling," gasps Joe Rogan as just on the other side of the cage Bruce Buffer briefly looks up at the mauling before going back to reading his phone.

Dos Santos - the Champion! - looks completely out of his league but does manages to slip out of Cain's grasp. But he doesn't get a moments rest, as he gets back up Cain is right up there with him taking a swing at him. Cain gets him against the cage and lands 2-3 shots completely undefended. The round ends and the camera cuts to a bewildered Mike Tyson who can't believe what he is seeing either.

Round 3: A fresh looking Cain faces off across the cage from the mashed potato that is Dos Santos' face. Once again Cain takes him down seemingly at will and I have to remind myself that Dos Santos is on a winning streak AND is the current Champion. Once again even Dos Santos' attempts to punch back don't slow Cain in the slightest as he keeps backing him up and laying into him. Junior actually escapes a Takedown attempt which by this point feels worth pointing out. Jesus Christ Cain is just punching him at will and Dos Santos is barely getting his hands up at all... how is he still standing? Cain does seem to be slowing down at last though but he's still throwing out combinations and largely landing them. Junior manages an uppercut and the round ends. It's Junior's best round so far but that isn't saying much.

Round 4: Cain is all over Junior again but Junior looks... better? They both throw wild swings that don't connect and Cain manages another takedown on Junior but it doesn't have quite the impact they seemed to have before. Cain tries again and Junior manages to fight it off and actually reverse them so it is Cain against the cage defending a takedown attempt. Cain does manage another takedown on Junior but again Junior is quickly back up... but then he takes a hard body shot followed almost immediately by an uppercut. Cain follows him around the cage throwing more shots but Junior manages to get clear and they end up in a clinch (Cain at this point has scored 91 punches in the clinch to Junior's.... 15) and the round ends with Junior still looking smashed but no longer dead on his feet, and Cain is finally showing signs of being tired.

Round 5: Junior spits something out of his mouth, it could be a hair but it could just as easily be half his teeth. Herb Dean warns Junior he will deduct a point if he grabs the fence to defend a takedown, and Junior sure as poo poo can't lose any points. Dos Santos manages to score a couple of hits but it's still Cain the aggressor who keeps coming forward and forcing Junior backwards, even if he has been able to avoid his takedowns so far. He can't hold off forever though and Cain eventually gets him down again for some ground and pound. Back up against the cage Junior manages to push back Cain only to eat a boot to the face that slams him right back up against the cage (how he is standing? How is he ALIVE!?!) and finally, mercifully the match comes to an end.

My pre-announcement guess: It's got to be a Cain win. It HAS to be. Junior's survival was remarkable but I can't think of a single round he could have concievably won. His "best" round was the fourth and Cain still clearly won it. Unanimous 50-45, surely.

Winner: 50-45, 50-43 & 50-44 to Cain, the new Champion. Gotta admit I thought they were scoring on a 10-9 must system and didn't realize you can score 10-8s and 10-7s when one of the fighters dominates heavily, and that scoring seems fair enough based on what I saw.

I've really got to check out the stickied UFC Newbie thread - pulling guard, mount, side mount, when guys are controlling from the top or the bottom etc - it was during the grappling sections that I really grasped how little I understood. Often I'd think one guy was dominating only to hear from the commentators that he was being completely controlled by the guy from the bottom. The lightweight match was fantastic and I was impressed by the main event even if just to see how Cain just wouldn't stop and Junior wouldn't die. This was fun!

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 23:51 on Jan 29, 2017

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Jerusalem posted:

I've really got to check out the stickied UFC Newbie thread - pulling guard, mount, side mount, when guys are controlling from the top or the bottom etc - it was during the grappling sections that I really grasped how little I understood. Often I'd think one guy was dominating only to hear from the commentators that he was being completely controlled by the guy from the bottom. The lightweight match was fantastic and I was impressed by the main event even if just to see how Cain just wouldn't stop and Junior wouldn't die. This was fun!

When you get really advanced you'll learn that the commentators saying someone is dominating from the bottom are wrong as gently caress a lot of the time. It's that sort of sport.

And Miller v Lauzon was a FOTY Candidate/Winner depending on who you ask so you got a good one.

Zwachro
Mar 7, 2003
C808BEA

Jerusalem posted:

Belcher has one of the ugliest tattoos I've ever seen.
What, you don't like his tattoo of Johnny "Kim Jong Il" Cash?

Jerusalem posted:

You'll pick up on a lot of stuff just by watching. There's also a grappling thread, could be worth checking out!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Zwachro posted:

What, you don't like his tattoo of Johnny "Kim Jong Il" Cash?

Haha what that's supposed to be Johnny Cash? It looks more like Vince Vaughn!

Belgian Waffle
Jul 31, 2006

Jerusalem posted:

Junior dos Santos vs. Cain Velasquez

JDS lost a solid decade of his life fighting Cain between this match and the next.
I'm someone who really enjoyed watching the Hunt vs. Silva fight but the JDS and Cain rematches made me really uncomfortable.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Look up Boetsch vs. Herring for the definition of "tossing a bitch to the side."

Boetsch vs. Okami features some great "old man dad strength" uppercuts.

I'm a fan even though he was training with the loving fake Irish Hand Grenade.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Captain Log posted:

Look up Boetsch vs. Herring for the definition of "tossing a bitch to the side."

He did single handedly ruin the entire notion of Top Ten for fighters because his win over Okami meant that "oh well we guess he must be a top ten fighter!" and then when he lost to Costa it lead to the very short period where Costa was a top ten fighter for the great victory of defeating Tim Boestch.

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Captain Log posted:

The bitch tossed to the side was David Heath, not Heath Herring.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Fat Twitter Man posted:

The bitch tossed to the side was David Heath, not Heath Herring.

Brain fart on the name, sorry if anyone got confused searching for that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Belgian Waffle
Jul 31, 2006
Hey, what's the word on grabbing a second one of these because I need something to take my mind off of politics.

If it's kosher, I'm grabbing UFC 4: Revenge of the Warriors.

• Locked thread