Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Jesus Christ posted:

driving time is NPR time

if you're gay

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

"...crying bitch cave bitch boy."
- Anonymous Facebook user
I don't listen to the radio/music when driving. I wouldn't be able to hear how cool my car sounds otherwise. :getin:

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

I was backing out of a parking lot stall once and as I was halfway out I saw some idiot in the stall directly behind me start backing out without looking. I laid into the horn but this rear end in a top hat idiot had giant Beats by DRE covering 99% of his head like some kind of retard helmet and plowed right into my bumper because not only was he wearing over-ear headphones while driving, he also was not looking where he was going.

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.
It's a lot like drunk driving or elder abuse. It's never a good idea, but sometimes you have to treat yourself.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

Robo Reagan posted:

if you're gay

But what if you're not gay?

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
Deaf people can drive op and studies have shown they aren't any better or worse than other people at it.

For what its worth I only use both earbuds if im cruising for hours on freeways, if im in cross traffic I'll just use radio or, one earbud on the offchance a horn would stop an accident, has not happened yet but eh you never know.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

FedEx Mercury posted:

But what if you're not gay?

:getout:

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
I agree OP. Thats why I drive with my beats

Yunvespla
Jan 21, 2016

Invisible Handjob posted:

why do you even need music just enjoy the experience of driving

why do you even need posting just enjoy the experience of the internet

To be fair...
Feb 3, 2006
Film Producer
People who wear earbuds while driving need to have less lovely cars with better stereos.

Check your driving privilege poors.

Yunvespla
Jan 21, 2016

ethanol posted:

if you're talking about apple earbuds those things block absolutly no sound so i dont see what hte problem is just dont get the cord tied up around your dick shift

Why would I be talking about one specific brand of earbuds there's quite literally hundreds of producers of ear buds.

Yunvespla
Jan 21, 2016

Professor of Cats posted:

Well, I disrespectfully disagree, human being!

Can't hate speech like this get you banned from this forum since it got all SJW around here?

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

cosmicprank posted:

Can't hate speech like this get you banned from this forum since it got all SJW around here?

Only if somebody snitches

Professor of Cats
Mar 22, 2009

cosmicprank posted:

Well obviously I was calling the dude a bundle of sticks, duh.

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

cosmicprank posted:

It's not smart and I don't get how apparently many people don't have music in their cars.

I've often thought the same thing. I think they should be ticketed and if they cause a wreck or slow down an ambulance, they should be executed on the spot.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

Uncontroversial opinion: OP is dumb :smug:

med school head
Apr 17, 2012
i enjoy riding with someone who is driving with earbuds instead of just playing music in the car so taht we can both ride to or i dunno having a convo you know those things you used to do when driving aroudn

frogge
Apr 7, 2006

It's legal to have one in your ear in my state but you'd see a ton of folks just going whole hog with it. I think the bigger danger is texting and driving.

I Said No
May 21, 2007

jesus dude ur gonna kill someone with that av
its not nearly as dumb as the thing cyclists do where they lean all the way back on the seat and dont have either hand on the bars

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

P sure only trashy people drive while wearing earbuds.

weak wrists big dick
Dec 18, 2012

good job. you are getting legitametly upset because I won't confrom to your secret internet cliques gross social standards. Sorry I don't like anime. Sorry I don't like being gross on the internet. Sorry that you are getting caremad.

your stupid shit internet argument is also only half true once I get probated, so checkmate anyways but nice try.

]
to all the drivesterbators: if you get thirsty while roadin' and blowin loads how do you grab your drink? like you can't just use your hand unless you take the other of the wheel? please help

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

Don't look at the sun, but rather what it illuminates
College Slice
i drive with knees while reading the newspaper, gently caress that fancy radio

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Robo Reagan posted:

if you're gay

i'm gay

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

Don't look at the sun, but rather what it illuminates
College Slice

Let's call the whole thing off if you can loving hear me with your earbuds in, prickly pear

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Ignatius M. Meen posted:

It's probably not any less distracting to have your speakers turned all the way up, hth

they're worse, having a physical object blocking sound from entering your ears in addition to the sound makes them a greater issue than turning up the stereo

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
The increased sound deadening and high quality OEM speakers of modern cars make it hard to hear anything including sirens.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2015/11/23/how-close-emergency-sirens-get-before-drivers-hear-them/76238744/

http://www.wtsp.com/news/local/can-you-hear-an-emergency-siren-while-driving/124937224

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Three cheers for dark beer!

various cheeses posted:

What about driving with a buttplug in?

Isnt that how the Prius gets charged?

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

controversial opinion: driving is dumb

Sinding Johansson
Dec 1, 2006
STARVED FOR ATTENTION
Some of them have microphones built in so maybe all those people are having hands free conversations

Sinding Johansson
Dec 1, 2006
STARVED FOR ATTENTION
Thread disproven gently caress you haters Bluetooth causes brain cancer

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001

Sinding Johansson posted:

Thread disproven gently caress you haters Bluetooth causes brain cancer

Good

weak wrists big dick
Dec 18, 2012

good job. you are getting legitametly upset because I won't confrom to your secret internet cliques gross social standards. Sorry I don't like anime. Sorry I don't like being gross on the internet. Sorry that you are getting caremad.

your stupid shit internet argument is also only half true once I get probated, so checkmate anyways but nice try.

]
I wear bone conducting headphones and listen to podcasts while I ride my bike...am I as retarded as someone who drives with earbuds? If so, is it because I use the headphones while bicycling?

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

weak wrists big dick posted:

I wear bone conducting headphones and listen to podcasts while I ride my bike...am I as retarded as someone who drives with earbuds? If so, is it because I use the headphones while bicycling?

well you're certainly a smug jackass, that much is clear from your post

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

weak wrists big dick posted:

What's special about bone conducting headphones?

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

FedEx Mercury posted:

What's special about bone conducting headphones?

fonebone

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
It's actually illegal in many states to wear earbuds or headphones while driving. Hth. http://drivinglaws.aaa.com/tag/headsets/

weak wrists big dick
Dec 18, 2012

]

Last Chance posted:

well you're certainly a smug jackass, that much is clear from your post

most people who think people who ride bikes are smug assholes are fat assholes themselves

oh ya and bone conducting headphones dont go in your ears and dont cancel noise. i suppose it could still be distracting but i welcome the sweet release of a car hitting me

weak wrists big dick fucked around with this message at 18:55 on Jan 11, 2017

landgrabber
Sep 13, 2015

It's literally inhibiting to safety as you might not hear someone honking or a police siren/fire truck/ambulance with earphones in. Car with an aux jack (now present in a lot of ten year old cars) or Bluetooth if you're Mr. Moneybags destroys earphones in every situation for car usage.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
people who use ear buds in the car are always poor as poo poo and have shitbox cars to begin with

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

landgrabber posted:

Bluetooth if you're Mr. Moneybags

counterintuitively, bluetooth is generally only still an option on luxury cars; most economy brands/models have it standard nowadays

• Locked thread