Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yunvespla
Jan 21, 2016
It's not smart and I don't get how apparently many people don't have music in their cars.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

cosmicprank posted:

It's not smart and I don't get how apparently many people don't have music in their cars.

It's probably not any less distracting to have your speakers turned all the way up, hth

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
I wear a blindfold too

Yunvespla
Jan 21, 2016

Ignatius M. Meen posted:

It's probably not any less distracting to have your speakers turned all the way up, hth

I respectfully disagree.

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I've been jerking off while driving for fifteen years and let me tell you if you can cum and hold a driving line you can listen to pop punk on earbuds while you drive

Yunvespla
Jan 21, 2016
drat you're old af

Invisible Handjob
Apr 7, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
why do you even need music just enjoy the experience of driving

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

I do it when I'm getting in and out of the car rapidly and I'm listening to a podcast or audiobook I don't want to interrupt. Also I guess I just like to have my holes plugged because sometimes i leave earbuds in even when i'm not listening to anything.

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer

Invisible Handjob posted:

why do you even need music just enjoy the experience of driving

Driving is so boring; I literally fall asleep whenever I have to do it.
Endangering myself and those around me.

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Shadow0 posted:

Driving is so boring; I literally fall asleep whenever I have to do it.
Endangering myself and those around me.

Wear a sleep mask so headlights don't get in your eyes

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Moon Atari posted:

I do it when I'm getting in and out of the car rapidly and I'm listening to a podcast or audiobook I don't want to interrupt. Also I guess I just like to have my holes plugged because sometimes i leave earbuds in even when i'm not listening to anything.

pm me

H.H
Oct 24, 2006

August is the Cruelest Month
I agree, OP.

I mean I understand why you would want to block out the noise of car horns from other drivers, but that doesn't make it right.

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

Don't look at the sun, but rather what it illuminates
College Slice
the noise of the wind rustling the world around me is 1000 times for distracting ,just like shining metal things are always drawing my attention from my focal point

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

earbuds are dumb therefore you are correct

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
Hey man whatever makes the morning commute more pleasurable y'know

KomodoWagon
May 10, 2013

by R. Guyovich
E

Ignatius M. Meen posted:

Ear buds block out outside noise and driving with your subwoofer wrecking nearby windows is rad as gently caress so I'm afraid your opinion is wrong

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

Don't look at the sun, but rather what it illuminates
College Slice
I like to drive with the windows down and listen to podcasts about people whispering

Turmoil
Jun 27, 2000

Forum Veteran

Young Urchin
When I drove a 1991 Toyota Corolla(in my possession from 1992 to 2013) I would regularly drive with earbuds in because my radio was broken.
I never had a problem with hearing things going on around me. I just had regular earbuds that rest on your ear, not the in your ear type.
It's legal in my state: http://drivinglaws.aaa.com/tag/headsets/

I have friends who would regularly comment about how dangerous that was and how I couldn't hear things around me like ambulances.
If I pointed out that deaf people can drive they would usually say that it's different.

Now that I have a new car with working radio and the ability to play MP3s, I haven't driven with earbuds in a while.

H.H
Oct 24, 2006

Turmoil posted:

When I drove a 1991 Toyota Corolla(in my possession from 1992 to 2013) I would regularly drive with earbuds in because my radio was broken.
I never had a problem with hearing things going on around me. I just had regular earbuds that rest on your ear, not the in your ear type.
It's legal in my state: http://drivinglaws.aaa.com/tag/headsets/

I have friends who would regularly comment about how dangerous that was and how I couldn't hear things around me like ambulances.
If I pointed out that deaf people can drive they would usually say that it's different.

Now that I have a new car with working radio and the ability to play MP3s, I haven't driven with earbuds in a while.

deaf people can drive? lol, I never thought of it.

they should be banned from driving imo.

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord
i like to sext while driving it's like digital roadhead

H.H
Oct 24, 2006

luv 2 date boys posted:

i like to sext while driving it's like digital roadhead

roadhead always struck me as a dangerous game.

drive over a speedbump a bit too quickly and...you know.

Invisible Handjob
Apr 7, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

Sponge Baathist posted:

Wear a sleep mask so headlights don't get in your eyes

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

cosmicprank posted:

who gives a gently caress you mongoloid

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Enjoy your ban hatemonger

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

this one sounds like hatespeech too. mods?

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
you nong-monging hong-fonger

various cheeses
Jan 24, 2013

What about driving with a buttplug in?

med school head
Apr 17, 2012

cosmicprank posted:

i dont actuallyu know anyone that does this but if i did i'd punch them in the face (also probably not ride with them)

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

if you're talking about apple earbuds those things block absolutly no sound so i dont see what hte problem is just dont get the cord tied up around your dick shift

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
What kind of peasant drives them self around? :confused:

My mom drives me everywhere

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
I still remember the time I saw someone driving with those big closed ear headphones on once, they looked like the biggest dork in the whole world and I can say for certain they were bumping anime theme songs on those things

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

I can hear other poo poo perfectly fine with my earbuds in cause I listen to talk stuff and don't blast it anyway. It's not that hard you candy rear end

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

ethanol posted:

if you're talking about apple earbuds those things block absolutly no sound so i dont see what hte problem is just dont get the cord tied up around your dick shift

or they're talking on the phone with the microphone attached to the earbuds.

doesnt make it right tho, op, i agree

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

i always ride my bike while listening to techno tunes

med school head
Apr 17, 2012
its either wrong or right there can't be any special cases with this issue

so its wrong thanks for reading chump

Klimpy Borf
Oct 22, 2010
I commute on my motorcycle and always listen to podcasts in my earbuds while I do. If I'm going for a ride for fun, then I throw on some good tunes and really get in the groove. There's something special about listening to a good playlist while riding the Big Sur coastline in the early morning.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

med school head posted:

i dont actuallyu know anyone that does this but if i did i'd punch them in the face (also probably not ride with them)

But then they'd have to listen to you and that would wreck their day :(

unpleasantly turgid
Jul 6, 2016

u lightweights couldn't even feed my shadow ;*
i do it bc i dont have an aux port, my radios cd thingy is broken and radio is busy licking krust's goddamn balls.

how else am i going to listen to jacob sartorius' sweatshirt ear rape.wav ?

Professor of Cats
Mar 22, 2009

wrong person posted:

cosmicprank posted:

I respectfully disagree.

Well, I disrespectfully disagree, human being!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jesus Christ
Jun 1, 2000

mods if you can make this my avatar I will gladly pay 10bux to the coffers
driving time is NPR time

• Locked thread