Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

literally this big posted:

gently caress. I just found out a friend of mine just died, maybe drank himself to death. He wasn't mil or a goon, but idk where else to post this. Dude was my age, 26, we even have the same exact birthday. I came so close to killing myself last year, first in May, then in July, the in September, then in December. But I'm still here and now he's not. Why not me? His dad was really depressed and killed himself a few months back. He was always a heavy drinker, but it only got worse as time went on. He was probably suffering so much, he didn't deserve that, nobody does. gently caress.

This is exactly the place to post this. His mil/goon status doesn't matter. That sucks, dude. Had a dude in my community drink himself to death about 2 years ago (after a slew of other suicides in our ~1000 person community). The only good thing that came out of it was a group like this one that is a no judgment get help group which has since saved a few lives.

I guess what I'm saying is we're all glad you're still here, even if we don't know you personally. You're always welcome to talk through things here and we'll listen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

Ziji posted:

I tried PM'ing OP for slack access, but it says their account can't receive PMs. Is there anyone else I can PM? I'm in a bit of a spot and looking for some support.

Sent.

Edit: and yes that really is the ridiculous current name. It changes a lot.