Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Lozareth posted:

Isn't that the 50% off price too? When I got the email, I was all like "hmmm, maybe I'll get that since the game has poten....HELLL NO!"

No, that's the full price. It's reduced (!) to $40 at the moment. Unlike the Founders bundles it's not exclusive to early backers - the only Alpha exclusive is a reward skin given for logging in every day during one of the tests. But also unlike those bundles it has a functional item in and we don't yet know what it does. If it's really good, and being a Lotus it possibly is, then there'll be even more pissed off people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pyronic
Oct 1, 2008

ROYAL RAINWHARRGARBL

Sea Lily posted:

so pretty much identical to the MH founders bundles and how everyone hated those

this is lookin good for Groot Force so far

If we do all play this game we're still gonna be Groot Force aren't we?

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

There's nothing refreshing like a sauna!
Toot Force

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world Diabeetus.

Pyronic posted:

If we do all play this game we're still gonna be Groot Force aren't we?

We're playing and you know good and well ICR better get in and name it Groot Force.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Imagine buying a $40 founders pack. You're all going to look stupid when they come out with a $200 founder's pack and you don't have that instead. :smugdog:

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008
I still regret passing on the lifetime subscription for Hellgate: London.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Diabetic posted:

We're playing and you know good and well ICR better get in and name it Groot Force.

I got this. I got an alpha key myself.

If it’s good I’ll get the channel up in discord and thread up. Could be fun!

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

ICR posted:

I got this. I got an alpha key myself.

If it’s good I’ll get the channel up in discord and thread up. Could be fun!

What is your initial impression of it?

BabyFur Denny
Mar 18, 2003
the game already has a thread in the MMO sub, and that thread was not started by ICR. So the game still has a chance of ending up good.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise
Exclusive content the filthy unwashed masses will never touch unless they were the chosen few?

As an unwashed mass I am totally here for MH2.0

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority

Adult Sword Owner posted:

Exclusive content the filthy unwashed masses will never touch unless they were the chosen few?

As an unwashed mass I am totally here for MH2.0

It's called "Elite Dangerous" now.

Quill
Jan 19, 2004

Shine posted:

It's called "Elite Dangerous" now.

I'll have you know that Star Citizen is far more exclusive and fidelitious and wait where are you going come back

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

There are 2 things from this game that will never be topped:

1) The original description for Cycliops' Ultimate
2) The in-game receipt from winning that giveaway of every DLC. Sadly, I no longer remember which goon won it.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Also the feeling of full brutal moon knight's signature attack where you're just spamming out hits of like 5 million a piece. Big red numbers everywhere.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

I understand why more games don't do Brutal Strike kind of things as a stat, since crit-of-crit is either useless or mandatory for damage scaling, but also, it was fun as hell for stuff like Moon Knight, and how Ultron could be built to basically do like 3 very very slow moves that all did 7 figure brutals and you just rotated through them doing big chunky murders.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009

Kheldarn posted:

2) The in-game receipt from winning that giveaway of every DLC. Sadly, I no longer remember which goon won it.

I think moon won one.

Or was it kelp?

RosaParksOfDip fucked around with this message at 16:20 on Feb 9, 2021

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

Kheldarn posted:

I don't recall either of these are there links?

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Quill posted:

Avengers poo poo the bed at development phase, then got launched way too early. I don't see them recovering. I'd be amazed to find out that they have anything more than a skeleton crew creating new content for it. Same sad story as Anthem. Marvel Heroes had a really rough go early on, mainly because the monetization was greedy as hell, but they managed to turn it around. Most of their bugs and glitches were minor and related to animation and skill triggers. At least those didn't prevent you from playing, unlike in Avengers where I watched a friend of mine get repeatedly stuck on a boss fight because its character model would just warp out of existence. That wasn't the worst bug either, not even close.

I have no idea how the game plays but I'm kind of astounded that it launched with MODOK as the only villain of any notability you fight. Don't get me wrong MODOK is great but he can't carry an entire Avengers game on his shou... uh, head. I read a notification of a big content update awhile back and it was just more AIM randos.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

The Moon Monster posted:

I have no idea how the game plays but I'm kind of astounded that it launched with MODOK as the only villain of any notability you fight. Don't get me wrong MODOK is great but he can't carry an entire Avengers game on his shou... uh, head. I read a notification of a big content update awhile back and it was just more AIM randos.

Are you suggesting Taskmaster and and the Abomination aren't of note? :colbert:

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Zaodai posted:

Are you suggesting Taskmaster and and the Abomination aren't of note? :colbert:

I only know who Taskmaster is because of Marvel Heroes and I don't know who Abomination is. You'll have to do better than that for a AAA audience that isn't super into Marvel lore.

And if you're only going to have one villain group why pick AIM, Hydra is right there.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

The Moon Monster posted:

I only know who Taskmaster is because of Marvel Heroes and I don't know who Abomination is. You'll have to do better than that for a AAA audience that isn't super into Marvel lore.

And if you're only going to have one villain group why pick AIM, Hydra is right there.

Abomination is bigger, dumber, weaker hulk who is evil.

I assume they picked AIM because it let them do a science thing and so you could have a bunch of robot enemies and turrets. I dunno. Game bad.

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

I don't recall either of these are there links?

sadly nerfed down to a few lines of text by coward gaz

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

It appears it was madcow who won. Sadly, the image has been deleted.

madcow posted:

For holyshoot, who called me a liar!

https://i.imgur.com/iVEkJbW.jpg

Asros and Winterthur have been giving out free stuff the last couple days or however long in some of the marble hebrons streams.

I was lucky enough to get a code for what I guess was a megapack 3. I don't know exactly, because I don't know how to scale down the receipt so I can read it in-game. Gave me every hero up to Beast, stash, default costumes, team-ups up to Jubilee, and 36500 G's.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
"Fans also took the chance to ask Brevik about the version of Diablo 3 he was working on, if he thought it would be successful, and why it never came to fruition. “[It] would have been very different from any Diablo,” he replies. “I think it was really interesting. We used a lot of the game-structure concepts for Marvel Heroes. [It] was an APRG / MMO. MMO in terms of many people playing at once, not like WoW. It was scrapped because most of [Blizzard North] left.”"

https://www.pcgamesn.com/diablo-ii/diablo-2-dlc-2?amp

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

Welcome to the David Brevik appreciation station

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

are there hot dogs in the diablo extended universe?

nostrata
Apr 27, 2007

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Jazerus posted:

are there hot dogs in the diablo extended universe?

Diablo 1 had Lava Maws, which were demonic dogs that spit lava at you in Hell. :v:

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise

Erdricks posted:

Welcome to the David Brevik appreciation station

It Lurks Below is a pretty big game now last I checked

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.

That actually looks really good and I'm not a fan of spicy things, but I'd eat that. Probably.

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

Adult Sword Owner posted:

It Lurks Below is a pretty big game now last I checked

Yeah, I need to give it another pass soon. Played it some in beta and enjoyed it, but life stuff happens and then it fell off my radar

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

So sad we will never get a Westview zone with (WV ep7 spoilers) Agatha cackling "And I killed Sparky too!"

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
The Wanda and Vision reworks would have been loving baller too.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNQkdIeUbvQ

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Police Assault In Progress
Anybody got the pic of Davebo and his three wolferines in x mansion

a big fat bunny
Oct 4, 2002

woo look at 'em gonk

HebrewMagic posted:

Anybody got the pic of Davebo and his three wolferines in x mansion

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

God what a fun game why did they have to go gently caress it up? Huh Gaz?

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
The problem is that it Gaz wasn’t the kind of company that would be guaranteed to gently caress it up they wouldn’t have been able to make it nearly as fun.

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world Diabeetus.
I was watching Age Of Ultron and Civil War last night and it made me miss this game so bad. I remember when they had random drops as the only way to unlock characters and I managed to get Scarlet Witch right before they shut down the servers to flip the switch to splinters.

Ugh I miss it so much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

If this game was still around they would have released $50 worth of Wandavision skins and I would have bought them all.