Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BirryJoru
Mar 21, 2012

GRAMAGEDDON ISN'T OVER YET. SORRY.-RA TEHUTI :smuggo::smug::smugdon::grin::parrot:
I was watching the AIDS episode of Mr. Belvedere and was reminded that I'm not entirely sure where it came from.

Some speculate that it was a virus created by the government to cull the homosexual population.

Others suppose some guy hosed a chimp in the jungle.

I have AIDS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

BirryJoru posted:

I was watching the AIDS episode of Mr. Belvedere and was reminded that I'm not entirely sure where it came from.

Some speculate that it was a virus created by the government to cull the homosexual population.

I have AIDS

aids was inevitable

but the belgians made it happen faster

BirryJoru
Mar 21, 2012

GRAMAGEDDON ISN'T OVER YET. SORRY.-RA TEHUTI :smuggo::smug::smugdon::grin::parrot:
I knew I shouldn't have shared needles with that waffle eater

Maldoror
Oct 5, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Nap Ghost
polio research chimpanzees from an african lab in the 1950s

google it

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

rear end injected death sentence, op

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

G.R.I.D.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Szyznyk posted:

G.R.I.D.

G.B.S

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
I hosed a monkey back in 1972

Salem Saberhagen
Feb 23, 2009
Donkey Kong gave it to jump man's girlfriend and the rest is history.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Pauline

The Brown Menace
Dec 24, 2010

Now comes in all colors.

brought back by captain picard from the so much win quadrant

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.
Some sort of monkey or ape.

Lazyhound
Mar 1, 2004

A squid eating dough in a polyethylene bag is fast and bulbous—got me?
AIDS comes from HIV, hth.

BAE OF PIGS
Nov 28, 2016

Tup
your moms oval office

Bob James
Nov 15, 2005

by Lowtax
Ultra Carp
It's from overexposure to the internet.

Gasbraai
Oct 25, 2010

Lictor my Dictor
I did heroin with a troop of baboons.

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot

Maldoror posted:

polio research chimpanzees from an african lab in the 1950s

google it

I think that theory (while fascinating) has since been discredited.

Basic theory is that two different SIV viruses merged thousands of years ago, then it jumped specials when someone slaughtering a monkey for bushmeat was bitten or cut himself.

I think that Canadian airline steward guy being the North American "patient zero" was also recently discredited. The infection may have been floating around way before the 80s.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
The great OP in the sky made it to punish us all.

Lazyhound
Mar 1, 2004

A squid eating dough in a polyethylene bag is fast and bulbous—got me?

Three-Phase posted:

The infection may have been floating around way before the 80s.

According to Wikipedia:

Earliest plausible record of infection: 1945
Earliest probable named infection: 1976

Lazyhound fucked around with this message at 13:30 on Jan 20, 2017

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

somebody's poisoned the water hole!

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
AIDS isn't real. It's a conspiracy by Big Aids, the condom industry, and religious groups trying to stop buttsexing

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

You are now a slimy little toad
The Great Twist
I thought it had something to do with lions

Warbadger
Jun 17, 2006

The part about it being created in the US was a pretty successful KGB disinformation campaign (Operation INFEKTION).

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth
john harvey kellog created it in a misguided effort to prevent boys from masturbating.

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.
I heard the jump was made via that sweet bush meat

B.H. Facials
May 9, 2011

"Getting teased is part of growing up. It's no big deal. Just tell yourself, 'Sticks and stones may break my bones, but a .44 Magnum will tear that bully a new asshole!'"
Bush meat.

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Lazyhound posted:

AIDS comes from HIV, hth.

thanks bro, i was wondering

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Toadvine posted:

I heard the jump was made via that sweet bush meat

This is why I insist they shave

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

BirryJoru posted:

I have AIDS

An African dude hosed/ate (it could have been either we simply don't know) an infected chimp and it spread from there. Also the reason 15% of gay people have it is because Anal tears you up so theres a ton of direct cum-open wound contact.

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zEAUt-QHKkw

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

BirryJoru posted:

I have AIDS

Then it's purpose has been fulfilled.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
AIDs is a magicians curse. Magick is real and thats where aids comes from

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009

TrustmeImLegit posted:

An African dude hosed/ate (it could have been either we simply don't know) an infected chimp and it spread from there. Also the reason 15% of gay people have it is because Anal tears you up so theres a ton of direct cum-open wound contact.

Public school sex ed checking in, Is this last part true?? :confused:

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Toadvine posted:

public school, eh?

Let me break it down in terms you can relate to.

It's like how alcohol gets you more hosed up if you shove it up your prison pocket before the big winter formal. It's like that instead of svedka its smegma. and that smegma has AIDS in it. Full blown AIDS.

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009

hth posted:

public school, eh?

Let me break it down in terms you can relate to.

It's like how alcohol gets you more hosed up if you shove it up your prison pocket before the big winter formal. It's like that instead of svedka its smegma. and that smegma has AIDS in it. Full blown AIDS.

Living up to your name, much appreciated

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Toadvine posted:

Yea unfortunately. Microfissures in theintestinal wall form really easily and it goes directly into the blood stream. The only thing worse is basically directly injecting someone else's blood into your arm (IV drug use).

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
How haven't we cured the common cold yet? Was on a five hour flight last week next to some dipshit who made me sick.

Pilot said worst report of turbulence was coming up that he'd heard in 27 years; sick dudes leg started shaking uncontrollably. Kind of embarrassing a wimp like that got a manly man like me sick

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.
rich evans.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

conventional wisdom suggests at some point a man in africa had sexual congress with an ape

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.

Kuato posted:

How haven't we cured the common cold yet? Was on a five hour flight last week next to some dipshit who made me sick.

Pilot said worst report of turbulence was coming up that he'd heard in 27 years; sick dudes leg started shaking uncontrollably. Kind of embarrassing a wimp like that got a manly man like me sick

You're dumb. The cold isn't a singular illness.

• Locked thread