Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BirryJoru
Mar 21, 2012

GRAMAGEDDON ISN'T OVER YET. SORRY.-RA TEHUTI :smuggo::smug::smugdon::grin::parrot:
:nws: prolly

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5yC7HwPh6Es

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
I'm confused why the CIA would create a super-virus that can be cured simply by raping a virgin.

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Kuato posted:

How haven't we cured the common cold yet? Was on a five hour flight last week next to some dipshit who made me sick.

Pilot said worst report of turbulence was coming up that he'd heard in 27 years; sick dudes leg started shaking uncontrollably. Kind of embarrassing a wimp like that got a manly man like me sick

We have. Congrats on your incoming AIDS diagnosis Buglord.

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot
probably happened when some black dude ate a raw monkey brain that had a SIV virus ready to pop & mutate into HIV or some voodoo poo poo I dunno what do I look like to you some kind of scientist?

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Bip Roberts posted:

I'm confused why the CIA would create a super-virus that can be cured simply by raping a virgin.

It was just an unfortunate coincidence.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Rich Evans

BirryJoru
Mar 21, 2012

GRAMAGEDDON ISN'T OVER YET. SORRY.-RA TEHUTI :smuggo::smug::smugdon::grin::parrot:

dreezy posted:

rich evans.

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord

Leon Einstein posted:

You're dumb. The cold isn't a singular illness.

No you

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

check my rapsheet for more details on the subject of AIDS

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
Radiolabs did a good Patient Zero episode about AIDS that you should listen to. usually radiolabs is terrible with overproduced sound effects and boring stuff, but this was a good episode:

http://www.radiolab.org/story/169879-patient-zero/

basically people would hack up and eat monkies and blood and stuff goes flying everywhere and probably infected people that way

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
stay safe goons

Back in the early '80s, behavioral scientist William Darrow was a young scientist at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. He drew the assignment of a lifetime: Figure out why gay men in Los Angeles were dying of a strange illness.

Doctors were stumped. Some scientists thought maybe it was caused by "poppers," nitrite-based chemicals that are inhaled recreationally. Others thought maybe "overexposure to sperm from many sources was having an immune-suppressant effect," The New York Times reported.

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Xaris posted:

stay safe goons

Back in the early '80s, behavioral scientist William Darrow was a young scientist at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. He drew the assignment of a lifetime: Figure out why gay men in Los Angeles were dying of a strange illness.

Doctors were stumped. Some scientists thought maybe it was caused by "poppers," nitrite-based chemicals that are inhaled recreationally. Others thought maybe "overexposure to sperm from many sources was having an immune-suppressant effect," The New York Times reported.

the poppers thing should be bolded

read the room

BirryJoru
Mar 21, 2012

Bip Roberts posted:

hahaha!

who the gently caress is gonna rape a goon?

what a maroon

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
Like the clitoris, the hymen only has a shelflife of about 8-10 years in most of Africa.

BirryJoru
Mar 21, 2012

I read the wiki last night before going to sleep.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aids

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HIV/AIDS#Origins

It raised more questions than answers.

I think some of you are pretty close and I hadn't even heard of SIV before this thread.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
The human immunodeficiency virus (HIV)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

God's wrath against sodomites

• Locked thread