Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Playstation 4
Apr 25, 2014
Unlockable Ben

Thyrork posted:

This update better involve a towel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Playstation 4
Apr 25, 2014
Unlockable Ben

Strudel Man posted:

How does it deal with the unrest-quelling function of armies?

That is to say, I see "bonuses to ... unrest reduction to replace that part of the army's function," but where do they come from?

Haven't played it, but I'd think a combination of policies limited by Egalitarian/Authoritarian, and docked ships as military coercion.

Playstation 4
Apr 25, 2014
Unlockable Ben

GlyphGryph posted:

It's still pretty mediocre. Lots of inconsistent flavour bits. Minimal bonuses. Xenophile pops benefiting from multicultural societies is basically gone. Migration is kind of broken.

The fed thing mentioned above can actually be done just as easy if not easier with other builds.

Xenophobe is better than ever though.

It's better than launch where Individualist looked good but always turned out to be hot loving garbage, and playing FanCol/Spi was overpowered as poo poo I guess.

Playstation 4
Apr 25, 2014
Unlockable Ben
Autocracide is a moral good, they should remain losers.

Playstation 4
Apr 25, 2014
Unlockable Ben

Baronjutter posted:

The 10 year cooldown on policy changes is really bad.

My idea would be thus:

- Authoritarian and FanAuth reduce this cooldown to 6/3 years. Hive mind counts as Authoritarian 1.
- Allow early changes for 10 influence per year remaining and add an entire cooldown to the remaining, (if you do it at 4 years left it becomes 14/10/7)

Playstation 4 fucked around with this message at 08:51 on May 18, 2017

Playstation 4
Apr 25, 2014
Unlockable Ben
They have +150, but what is their attitude towards you?

Playstation 4
Apr 25, 2014
Unlockable Ben
Attitude is the word, like Friendly, Cordial, Wary, Threatened, etc.

Playstation 4
Apr 25, 2014
Unlockable Ben

Libluini posted:

Man, that's some bad timing. Too bad people probably won't go "How awesome that Paradox reversed that price hike even though it means possibly huge losses thanks to those currencies falling". :v:

I mean, your currency tanking and a Steam-sale is essentially like a double-price cut.

If your wages don't go up with the fall it sure fuckin ain't (hello from Canada).

Playstation 4
Apr 25, 2014
Unlockable Ben

Mister Adequate posted:

FOR THE UNION KEEPS US STRONG :ussr::hf::911: :jackreedcryinginfrontofthechicacgoskyline:

No go in that timeline, they elected Curtis and shot Long. They then just stole the name 150 years later.

Playstation 4
Apr 25, 2014
Unlockable Ben

binge crotching posted:

I'm actually hoping they add the option for authoritarian empires to convert. I want to be able to do a special project that forces my pops to become hive minds or leave.

Revoke the Privilegia (of thinking)

Also inb4 the egalitarian voice is swedish because of course it is.

The authoritarian voice better just be a trump impression tho.

Playstation 4 fucked around with this message at 11:00 on Jul 14, 2017

Playstation 4
Apr 25, 2014
Unlockable Ben

Larry Parrish posted:

i don't like the idea of robot traits because i already hate playing stellaris, generally

Playstation 4
Apr 25, 2014
Unlockable Ben

Leftovers of an AI victory kept as pets.

Mandatory Pampering.

Playstation 4
Apr 25, 2014
Unlockable Ben
Its Hide Obsolete and restrict by size

Playstation 4
Apr 25, 2014
Unlockable Ben

Thyrork posted:

Sadly Star Ruler 2 didn't sell enough to keep the company afloat. :smith:

Well actually you could fling planets around, but I dont think you could toss them into black holes. Could destroy the supermassive one at the heart of a galaxy tho, that makes for a pretty impressive bang.

They made a game with budget based financing. And fell to their own budget.

Playstation 4
Apr 25, 2014
Unlockable Ben
The only major problem going forward I see is unless they're getting something for it, Hive Minds are gonna be utter Trash early game without Private Colships. 350 minerals is an obscene early game expense.

Playstation 4
Apr 25, 2014
Unlockable Ben

Nevets posted:

As long as cores disappear (or at least weaken) when you purge/expel all the original pops on the planet. I always looked at cores as being part foreign diplomatic acceptance of your historical hegemony, and part cultural ties with the populace which promote patriotic sentiment.

It's kind of hard to claim that Alspace-Lorraine always has been part of Space France & always will be when everyone who ever set foot there is now partially digested bio matter in the stomach of a xenomorph.

Fixing your egregious missed opportunity.

Playstation 4
Apr 25, 2014
Unlockable Ben
Regardless of your other considerations on it, everyone should be able to admit that Alphamod's changes to the ascension perks makes all of them viable, rather than just MoN, and does it without nerfing MoN.

Playstation 4
Apr 25, 2014
Unlockable Ben

OwlFancier posted:

Ground unit: Neo: 10000k HP 200 damage.

Still easy to lockdown with one corvette when he leaves the planet :smug:

Playstation 4
Apr 25, 2014
Unlockable Ben

hobbesmaster posted:

Free tile blocker removal took all thinking out of how to deal with them. It shouldn't be surprising that it was nerfed.

And yet Alphamod managed this without any nerd to MoN. Probably still aint gonna be playing vanilla anytime soon.

Playstation 4
Apr 25, 2014
Unlockable Ben
What the unholy gently caress did I unleash on this thread.

I mean, everything is my fault, after all.

Fleet Consciousness Would Have Won

Playstation 4
Apr 25, 2014
Unlockable Ben

Mister Adequate posted:

Game should have a no-FTL mode where you have to slowboat around, it takes 5 years to cross your home system and 50 to get to the nearest start. I know there's mods along those lines but it should be official. In fact, not 'a mode', the only mode.

Then add Newtownian physics.

The name of the game needs a rework too, thinking maybe "Stellar Commandant"... Maybe "Solar King". Or uh... "Lord of all Space-Borne Free-Floating Hydrogen Fusing Bodies".

What star? I'm sure there never was one.

Playstation 4
Apr 25, 2014
Unlockable Ben

wiegieman posted:

I think starports definitely need to be weaker earlier on and stronger later. They're a huge deal in the corvette phase and an unnoticeable speed-bump in the battleship phase, even thought they're apparently the massive complexes that are churning out your deathfleets.

Militia in Bumfuck, Arizona could shoot a few bush planes with riflemen down. New York City would fare super bad against a full squadron of TU-95s by itself.

Playstation 4
Apr 25, 2014
Unlockable Ben
Bow before the best machines that will ever be.

Playstation 4
Apr 25, 2014
Unlockable Ben

Taeke posted:

Seems kind of odd to have slaving despots ask me if my bio-trophies are willing participants.

"The only moral slavery is my slavery"

Playstation 4
Apr 25, 2014
Unlockable Ben
So anyway, someone wanted me to throw this up, I figure a good ol bunch of showing others our embarrassing creations for single and multiplayer session laughs is a good time.

Warning: Japery and References abound.

https://pastebin.com/XZYfHjGs

Playstation 4
Apr 25, 2014
Unlockable Ben

Aethernet posted:

Trip report: missiles still crap. I just had a missile and bomber/fighter armed fleet lose to a fleet without PD that had a lower force rating - 13k to 12k. Stick to energy & kinetics, kids.

Edit: and then my enemies on the other side pounced as soon as my fleet was down. For a moment I thought weapon types might be balanced, but alas not.

Edit edit: it seems to be a factor of travel time. Missiles & fighters are slow, while other weapons are instant - this means your front wave can die rapidly even before your weapons get to the target.

The range is supposed to be it's boost for that, but alas, uncontrollable ships and Ork behaviour.

Playstation 4
Apr 25, 2014
Unlockable Ben

Fat Samurai posted:

How do you usually deal with the core planets limit? Just cart off your more advanced planets to a sector and hope the game doesn't mess them up?

Aside from enough to keep them rolling, you never want to give anything but your bottom tier to sectors as it's a permanent 25% loss of output unless you expend influence. All of my civs that I play are setup to avoid sectors as much as possible cause they blow.

Playstation 4
Apr 25, 2014
Unlockable Ben
Just install mine, it's totally not insane.

Playstation 4
Apr 25, 2014
Unlockable Ben
So after thinking it over for all of the two seconds it took me to notice, is there any reason at all ever, to not have these be your bio-trophy traits as a servitor?

I mean, I look at it this way:

1. You cannot stop being robutts, and thus, ever utilize them as normal pops.
2. They produce nothing but unity, a resource with no trait boosters.
3. Obscene CG costs, i mean poo poo, this is already .5 minerals with two bio-trophies at 2200.01.01
4. You don't want slow breeders, nor to have to constantly flip the 10-year-cooldown "please stop" button early on.
5. They can now go to any planet ever, with no need for research, allowing you to utilize your butts to maximum potential.

E: Frankly I'm starting to think I should just erase this cause it's just gonna get taken out now cause gently caress you for finding a way around the obscene costs and restrictions.

Playstation 4 fucked around with this message at 11:54 on Sep 23, 2017

Playstation 4
Apr 25, 2014
Unlockable Ben

Libluini posted:

Ha ha, gently caress me for putting off researching Machine Templates when it first turned up, I'm now 50 years into my assimilator-run and it just now showed up again.

The best part? Making robo-templates turned out to be great fun, but since I can only apply templates on a per-planet base... :suicide:

At least I guess my newer bots will all be optimized for their tasks!

By the way, how does the game decide what pop can be chosen as a possible leader? Is it just a chance based on population percentages? Because I'm planning to apply my special leader-template to pops meant to sit on stuff like unity-buildings, just so I can cheese the game into putting some of them into my leader-roster.

Edit:

Or I guess build new leader pops on those tiles, since I don't want to transform entire planetary populations into leader-bots.

Yeah, it seems percentage based, had the same idea you did, and you can't shut off leadership roles for certain bot types which seems... oddly inefficient and individualistic. Gotta keep up them game edges like influence to move hive mind drones.

Frankly it's starting to seem like influence to resettle for Gestalts is dumb as gently caress and should just be a time without production. You lose the pop's output for like, I dunno, two years (24 month rollovers) and then it finally gets there, and both the original tile and new one are locked for the duration. Bulky/sedentary makes it take longer, double jointed/nomadic less.

Playstation 4 fucked around with this message at 13:13 on Sep 23, 2017

Playstation 4
Apr 25, 2014
Unlockable Ben

Demiurge4 posted:

Customised leader bots go onto unity producing tiles.

Unity and Food, if you're a servitor.

Playstation 4
Apr 25, 2014
Unlockable Ben

Fintilgin posted:

I took a break from robots to get back in the swing of the game. I'm probably just bad at it, but man I just can't keep up on minerals as servitors.

Try the build for your trophies I mentioned above. Add drills as a starting config and rockbreaker, switch to the consumer good one later when you get civic 3.

Playstation 4
Apr 25, 2014
Unlockable Ben

Playstation 4
Apr 25, 2014
Unlockable Ben

Playstation 4
Apr 25, 2014
Unlockable Ben

Daraken posted:

Hey, so I'm not sure if this is a bug of sorts.

As you can see, the option to send demands has been grayed out. Please note that I'm the Neomachina (Illuminated Syldaean Theocracy) and the ones that got declared on by the Spiritualist FE.

Does the game think that the Lozavata are the primary defenders for some reason, as they're listed first on the defenders side? My fleet is by far the strongest of all the defenders if that matters.

Also I was in the middle of a subjugation war with the Zelvan at the time of the war declaration, so I don't know if that messed things up either.

They have the wreath, they're the primary.

Playstation 4
Apr 25, 2014
Unlockable Ben

Fututor Magnus posted:

has anyone made any interesting empires of their own that they'd like to share? i'd like to play against some empires with more interesting backstories than the ones generated by the game.

If you want some fun ones to intersperse in your games, I can upload my updated list.

Playstation 4
Apr 25, 2014
Unlockable Ben

LogisticEarth posted:

I started with an a fanatic authoritarian-spiritualist feudal empire, and really loved the authoritarian voice. Then I inadvertently swapped to fanatic spiritualist with The Old Gods, and it's taken everything in my power to not embrace my authoritarian faction, mostly just to get the advisor voice back.

Spiritual voice is ok, it's just not the characterization I had in mind for my caste-system loving, rival-vassalizing Chthulu overlords. Next time I might lock the voice at startup, but I do like the idea of it drifting.

Click your symbol, and then advisor on the bottom.

Playstation 4
Apr 25, 2014
Unlockable Ben

Soup du Journey posted:

how do the cyborgs that driven assimilators use fare on machine worlds? not too well i'd imagine, right?

Given they don't use food, they might actually be coded to stand a chance. I'll give my Shreks a playthrough and find out sometime.

Playstation 4
Apr 25, 2014
Unlockable Ben

toasterwarrior posted:

You guys reckon 1.8.1 will work with most mods out right now? I want to start a new game with this overhaul I found, but I can also wait for the release since it sounds like it's fairly close.
I'm running a huge amount on 1.8.1 and it seems fine, give it a shot and check the mods comments if youre unsure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Playstation 4
Apr 25, 2014
Unlockable Ben

LordMune posted:

So not actually complete, then. :colbert:

Who honestly zooms in that far. I just stick to NSC 7.0 and roll around with Super Dreds. gently caress all y'all, Fallen, Awakened, or Monster.

• Locked thread