Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

actually he is right. this is quid's scum mode ##vote quid

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
A turbo roll on tobbs will produce favorable results I think. This isn't based on any solid read however, just a gut feel.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Dick Bastardly posted:

A turbo roll on tobbs will produce favorable results I think. This isn't based on any solid read however, just a gut feel.

my gut feels are stupid, please take with a grain of salt.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

Dick Bastardly posted:

shut up and vote quid or face the consequences

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

GulagDolls posted:

shut up and vote quid or face the consequences

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

GulagDolls posted:

i want to perform a version of the 'ecco gambit' where we kill all the australians first

YESSS

##vote inf

Die aussie scum!

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
please don't dayvig dickb, I will be killing him tonight!

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

GulagDolls posted:

Nooo!

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

its too late pig

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

GulagDolls posted:

its too late pig

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TUgCV0T9EEo

FINE

##vote quid

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

this is a stickup posted:

please don't dayvig dickb, I will be killing him tonight!

But... we already had a dayvig..

Are you scum stickup?

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
I don't understand how me being concerned for dickb's well-being can be connected to alignment but as long as he's alive so I can slip over there tonight, all is good

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Infinitum posted:

Oh we're just going to END jokephase? Is that what we're gonna do?

Fuckin fine.

Lets real talk.

Talking about stuff that is real.

Current top Scumspect is Quid, as he's trying to justify the flimsiest of flimsy cases when the game has barely even started.

##vote Quid

it's early day one and quid is scumhunting, you dingus.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Somberbrero posted:

it's early day one and quid is scumhunting, you dingus.

Alternatively we had like 72 goddamn hours in D1 and he immediately started 'scumhunting', instead of just enjoying jokephase and posting some rolling related videos.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Infinitum posted:

Alternatively we had like 72 goddamn hours in D1 and he immediately started 'scumhunting', instead of just enjoying jokephase and posting some rolling related videos.

i presume there is a point somewhere in here, i hope it's doing okay.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Somberbrero posted:

i presume there is a point somewhere in here, i hope it's doing okay.

in all likelihood, it's in australia so probably not!

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

Dick Bastardly posted:

but Quid is justifying a vote on Moritz right?

My point is, Quid is messing around with his/her vote in an ambiguous way and I'm not sure how to take it.

You asked me a question about if my vote was genuine and how I felt about how things had developed. Which made me pause and reread, at which point I said "yeah, he's still acting lovely."

Framing this any other way is flat out incorrect.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Infinitum posted:

Current top Scumspect is Quid, as he's trying to justify the flimsiest of flimsy cases when the game has barely even started.

##vote Quid

What's your case beyond regurgitating Dick's incorrect analysis?

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

GulagDolls posted:

Have you read the thread, Gulag?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Quidthulhu posted:

What's your case beyond regurgitating Dick's incorrect analysis?

That's my case mate. You started picking apart my play for the weakest of reasons "HMM HES DONE A 3RD PERSON WHO VOTES MUST BE SCUM JOKE, ERGO HES SCUM"

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Hey guys sorry about killing Keane, I figured the cannot be lynched thing coulda been nonsense for a variety of reasons so it was best to nip that one in the bud. I'll get to reading soon.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Cheap Trick souvenirs posted:

Hey guys sorry about killing Keane, I figured the cannot be lynched thing coulda been nonsense for a variety of reasons so it was best to nip that one in the bud. I'll get to reading soon.

The mod confirmed unlynchable status... coulda been nonsense?

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Infinitum posted:

That's my case mate. You started picking apart my play for the weakest of reasons "HMM HES DONE A 3RD PERSON WHO VOTES MUST BE SCUM JOKE, ERGO HES SCUM"

That's not why I have continued to be suspicious of you and you should know that, because I explained my reasoning:

Quidthulhu posted:

Real talk, how many people actually come out swinging with a genuine "gotcha" case on "3rd vote, suspicious timing, clearly scum" and then double down on it.

My Inf vote was a crappy policy vote, but his actions now...I can't roll with them!!

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Also as scum you hide behind joke votes and your self-righteous anger that anyone DARE take what you say as representative of deceit CONSTANTLY. This par for the course for you man.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

You've played in 100+ games and it coulda been nonsense?

See you posting poo poo like that, as an obviously experienced mafia player, has me asking myself the big questions like "Is Kashuno the sort of mod that would give scum a dayvig?" "Is Cheap Trick dumb enough to throw shade on a mod confirmed action", etc

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I'll eat crow for this, but there's no way in hell a player with your experience makes a post questioning a mod confirmed status

##vote Cheap Trick souvenirs

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Infinitum posted:

I'll eat crow for this, but there's no way in hell a player with your experience makes a post questioning a mod confirmed status

##vote Cheap Trick souvenirs

I think you're daft, mate, since that coulda been a messenger power or scum using an ability to protect their scumbro or, worse, to frame Keane and create a useless distraction. I took care of the problem before it became one.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

I think you're daft, mate, since that coulda been a messenger power or scum using an ability to protect their scumbro or, worse, to frame Keane and create a useless distraction. I took care of the problem before it became one.

OK, Inf's right, your reasoning here is getting real bad. "I wanted to know what was up with that, because Keane as a big ? moving forward" is the acceptable answer.

The day didn't end and Keane didn't die so we know the mod confirmation was accurate. Scum using an ability to protect or frame Keane....his death doesn't give us any information on that?

I'm not getting this line of defense.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Infinitum posted:

The mod confirmed unlynchable status... coulda been nonsense?

This is nonsense. He didn't flip with any kind of uncuddleable power. So we have no idea if he was actually that. That could have been some kind of messaging power or something that was lying to us. When have you known a mod to announce someone is uncuddleable before we actually hammer like that?

##vote Inf

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Quidthulhu posted:

OK, Inf's right, your reasoning here is getting real bad. "I wanted to know what was up with that, because Keane as a big ? moving forward" is the acceptable answer.

The day didn't end and Keane didn't die so we know the mod confirmation was accurate. Scum using an ability to protect or frame Keane....his death doesn't give us any information on that?

What are you talking about? Keane was still 2 votes from cuddle. So of course the day didn't end and Keane didn't die.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Quidthulhu posted:

Defense? Eh? I'm not defending myself. I'm explaining. Stop misframing, you idiot.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Wait wait, What are you even talking about? Reread what Kashuno posted. I thought maybe I glazed over what he said but all we knew is there was an announcement that Keane couldn't be lynched. His flip didn't indicate he was lynchproof so the possiblity of a messenger still exists.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

And I think you're scrambling to cover your arse at this point.
- Mod posts are the only things we know to be 100% accurate.
- A messenger role is usually between players at night. I have never known a variation of a messenger that would force a mod to broadcast a public statement during the middle of the day.
- You assuming that a mod provided statement is false, is counter-intuitive to the very basis of how mafia is played. Kashuno is many things, but he is a good mod and would never do this to the players
- It was obviously a protection type ability that made Keane unlynchable... so you framing it as "scumbro or worse" seems disingenuous

So yeah.. I think you're full of poo poo for you questioning a mod posted status on a player, and your logic behind your dayvig.

As I said Kashuno is many things, but he's also an arsehole like me. So I can def see him giving scum a dayvig ability.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I will say that it could be a day mechanic of the game. The game this is based on is all about arbitrary severe action. Why not have that a part of the mafia game?

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Infinitum posted:

- A messenger role is usually between players at night. I have never known a variation of a messenger that would force a mod to broadcast a public statement during the middle of the day.

I have, multiple times. The rest of your skepticism is based in that, so...

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

King Burgundy posted:

That could have been some kind of messaging power or something that was lying to us.

Show me a wiki article on a Messenger variant that works like both you and Cheap Trick say it does and I'll shut up.

quote:

When have you known a mod to announce someone is uncuddleable before we actually hammer like that?

When have you known a mod to lie to the players?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I have, multiple times. The rest of your skepticism is based in that, so...

Infinitum posted:

Show me a wiki article on a Messenger variant that works like both you and Cheap Trick say it does and I'll shut up.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Cause I think you're pulling this poo poo outta your assssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Infinitum posted:

And I think you're scrambling to cover your arse at this point.
- Mod posts are the only things we know to be 100% accurate.
- You assuming that a mod provided statement is false, is counter-intuitive to the very basis of how mafia is played. Kashuno is many things, but he is a good mod and would never do this to the players
- It was obviously a protection type ability that made Keane unlynchable... so you framing it as "scumbro or worse" seems disingenuous

So yeah.. I think you're full of poo poo for you questioning a mod posted status on a player, and your logic behind your dayvig.

As I said Kashuno is many things, but he's also an arsehole like me. So I can def see him giving scum a dayvig ability.

In a role madness game with no standard roles we do NOT know that mod posts are 100% accurate. Kash said nothing about there not being bastard roles in this game, and this mafia community has had several games in it with roles that force the mod to lie to us. Typical examples are things like Death Miller. Are you really claiming to have not played an SA Mafia game where the mod has lied?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Mate I've played so many games it would be basically impossible to find it and it's garbage when people like you ask people like me to comb through years of play to pull out the one example of the time that what I think actually happened. It's not worth my time, especially since your type are also the type to vote someone for entirely illogical reasons and the type to not loving listen. Look at D+D; people ask for proof of a claim all the time and when it's provided on occasion, the asker almost always ignores that. You're no exception.

• Locked thread