Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Sure

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
This game needs to start.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Now we need one more.

And just FYI for the thread, I'm going to be traveling/skiing again on Feb 6th thru Feb 8th. So I won't be posting much during those days, if I'm still alive in the game.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Tired Moritz posted:

why does tmm ski so much

Because it's fun!

I've gone 4 days (2 two day trips) so far this year and have 2 more left.

Next year, I'll probably 7-8 days because I'm hoping to do at least 3 days at Park City in Utah and then a trip or two to Denver.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
*pounds knife and fork on table*

Start the game! Start the game! Start the game!

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I'm going to roll a big fat joint when I'm in Colorado a little over a week from now.

Unroll then, let's roll with ##vote Infinitum

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
We'll you can't say we aren't rolling now.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
##vote MMT

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Murmur Twin posted:

But fine, ##vote TMM

Murmur Twin posted:

So drowned posts this video and claims it's a message for someone. The thing that immediately seemed out of place to me was the Cubs hat. It reminded me of something from the last Mafia game I played (Ecco's Swan Song game):

In that game, (town) Tobbs was going strong on casing TMM for lurking his way through the game. He was referring to "the Cubs are playing" because of a meta read on TMM, a Cubs fan, wasn't posting game-related content. So the first thing I thought of when I saw drowned's video was that it sounded like a breadcrumb from Tobbs to TMM.

Also in that game, I was on a scumteam where I wasn't told the identity of my main team. The main team communicated their identity to me through a series of breadcrumbs. That ended up being really important for us.

So then, Tobbs followed up the video with:

He uses the world's least subtle breadcrumb (sorry if that was a big secret but I can't imagine the scumteam in a 23 player game didn't figure it out) to imply that he's lovers with drowned. Assuming that's the case, it means that I was at least partly-right on my original hunch, in that drowned and Tobbs can communicate with each other out of thread.

So, building on that, I threw a vote on TMM to see how drowned and Tobbs would react:

Drowned softly tries to defend TMM by saying he has a plausible excuse for not voting, which he doesn't (TMM will be skiing next week, not this week)

In that Ecco game, one of Tobbs' strongest reads was that TMM was scum because he was lurking through the game (even though for that one, TMM said before the game started that he wouldn't be around for d1). In this game, even when asked, Tobbs seems hesitant to make a scum call on TMM even though, as he said, TMM hasn't made any attempt to case anyone or play the game yet. At the very least, I'd expect Tobbs say "I think he's scum for not trying to play the game" or something like that.

I was afraid to call it out at first because Drowned/Tobbs trying to message TMM isn't inherently scummy, but I find their hesitance to call him scum to be suspicious.

So yeah, right now I think TMM is the best vote, at least until he makes some in-game calls or something.

Her vote and subsequent 'case' are complete manufactured trash. Look at the way she says that both drowned and Tobbs are scummy because they are hesitant to make calls on me, but then continues to say that I'm the best vote.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
This is basically the same way she started playing Ecco's Swan Song game (where she was scum) and nobody really wanted to call her on it.

MMT is scum here and I'm not going to let it slide this time.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

this is a stickup posted:

I did think this was weird at the time but I think I forgot to comment. tobbs and drowned aren't good votes right now, but at the time, why did you go for tmm over tobbs or drowned, mmt?

Oh I agree that tobbs/drowned aren't good votes right now, but her case happened before it came out that they were confirmed masons. So your ending question is the real thrust of the issue.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Infinitum posted:

People with less than 10 posts that we should happily roll into a dumpster then light on fire
  • CCKeane
  • Jonathan Fisk
  • Flying Leatherman
  • Hal Incandenza
  • Raeg

You do remember that Keane was killed already right?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Murmur Twin posted:

To summarize:

1. I saw drowned's video (advertised as "a secret message for someone") and saw the Cubs cap, which made me think "this looks like Tobbs breadcrumbing something for TMM"
2. Tobbs and drowned respond in a way implying that they're lovers.
3. I asked drowned and Tobbs for opinions on you and believe they were faking content (drowned because he defended you without being prompted, Tobbs because his read on you is a complete 180 from how he acted the last time you lurked)

So yeah, I still believe that there's a connection between the three of you. I do believe that drowned/Tobbs are lovers but I don't just take them at their word that they're confirmed town just because they say they are.

I said that you're the best vote at the time because you didn't have any relevant game content yet, so best case we nail a scum (and have a clue that we shouldn't trust drowned/Tobbs) and worst case we lose someone who isn't playing. You coming in to call me scum for making that case doesn't really change my mind.

Assuming you're town, what makes you think I'm scum as opposed to just incorrect? Is there something in my case that makes you think I don't believe what I'm saying?

I think you're scum because I don't think there is any possible way you could believe what you're saying. It's total horseshit and you know it.

You were asking Tobbs/drowned to form an opinion on me when I had made all of 2 posts since the game had started. How can anyone have an opinion that isn't 'He hasn't been posting'?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I still think more people need to look at MMT because I'm pretty sure she's scum.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

got some chores tonight posted:

imagine a world where mmt is not scum: in this world, who else do you think is scum

Possibly you and Stickup.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Hal Incandenza posted:

It's really boring and neither of you have persuaded me on anything with your prattle

I completely agree with this post.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Murmur Twin posted:

Building on what you said earlier (and I understand it's up to people whether they buy this or not): if I was scum and I saw a non-scum drowned/Tobbs make that post, I guarantee you I'd be pitching going after them/TMM in the scumdoc, not the thread.

Nice meta defense.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

TMMadman posted:

Nice self meta defense.

Mafia edit

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

King Burgundy posted:

It isn't unfounded though. As I said, in Shine III she put that kind of stuff in scum doc.

I'm still torn, but I'm willing to put her off for today.

You seem weirdly focused on meta stuff in this game. It's kind of bothering me.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

drowned in pussy juice posted:

I'm here and at this stage I think I'd vote literally anybody except inf to get a flip today, how many do we have in thread at the moment?

You'd vote your confirmed town lover Tobbs? :monocle:

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

TMMadman posted:

You'd vote your confirmed town lover Tobbs? :monocle:

I should amend this to 'lover' since they've said they aren't actual lovers, it's just flavor.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

I'm just joking with him. He has claimed to be confirmed masons with Tobbs and they have a lover flavor.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Ok, here's my one issue with Inf and his ability:

If he is town and has the ability to make someone unlynchable, why would he vote for that person and push for the turbo?

Infinitum posted:

You are trying waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat too hard during jokephase Quid

Yolo

##vote CCKeane

Infinitum posted:

Surprisingly I thought it was 10 not 12

Continue Kean Turbo

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
We've only got 15 minutes left, nobody has more than 4 votes and we need 12 to lynch.

I'm not sure we are going go get this done.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
*1*

Hey everyone, sorry I haven't posted until now but I had to clarify and discuss some things with Kash.

I'm not particularly happy right now because I'm being frozen out of most of the discussion by a post restriction. I can't make more than 10 content posts today and I can't engage with the days theme. In fact, I have to do the opposite of it. Empty vote posts do NOT count against my restriction, but even a single word with a vote would count.

I'm vented most of my frustration at Kash already, but I'll still have some icy words for him after the game ends.

I'm on my phone and working right now, but when I get home tonight I'll make another post responding to KBs case and my own suspicions about scum.

But for now, I'll just say that KB is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mjwV5w0IrcA

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Murmur Twin posted:

Some questions:

(a) Was the post restriction in play D1?
(b) What is the penalty if you don't adhere to the post restriction?
(c) Why are you claiming to be frustrated at 10 content posts per game day when you're nowhere near 10 yet?

##vote TMM - I said I'd reserve my opinion on TMM for D2 and right now I've seen 0 posts scumhunting and 1 post justifying why he hasn't been scumhunting.

*2*

This whole post is complete garbage. Obviously I didn't have the restriction on D1 because I posted more than 10 times and I engaged in the theme of the day. I get mod killed if I screw up.

And what the gently caress kind of question is C? Jesus loving Christ, I'm frustrated because I can't engage the game in a proper manner. I can't really just shoot off a quick question to someone because it uses one of my precious few posts and we still have a day and a half until the deadline. Any post that isn't an empty vote/unvote counts against my post count limit. I'm out in the cold here and it sucks. I'm positive that scum hit me with this PR because of the meta on me is 'If he's not posting, he's scum'.

The fact that you dropped a vote on top of this makes me think you are scum even more because it seems like you are just looking for an easy vote and I'm it. You're calling me out on D2 for not scum hunting in my first post of the day when I've said that my posting is restricted. Yes, I didn't scum hunt in that post because I was working and I wanted to inform the thread about my post restriction.

---------------------------------------

Now since, I'm stuck with this stupid loving restriction, I have to also address KB and his case on me.

King Burgundy posted:

Adding some heat to my vote:

For someone that was concerned about getting a cuddle done, he certainly wasn't helping with it. Note that he still has his vote on MMT and isn't helping on a vote that matters. This is his last post.

Earlier he made posts that made it seem like possibly he'd be willing to vote for either Stick or Inf:

This is just a mischaracterization . At the time I made the post about only 15 minutes being left there were 5 votes on stickup (one of which had been made by Epsilon while I was making my post) and both Inf and MMT still had 4 votes each. So saying that I'm wasn't helping on a vote that matters is also complete garbage. I made my post and went to do a couple of quick things and within 8 minutes 7 other votes dropped on stickup.

KB, you are sticking to your meta reads like a tongue to frozen metal and it's just not a good look for you. Right now I'm about 60/40 town/scum on you. I feel like you might be coming at me honestly, but I just can't quite be sure.

----------------------------------------

Now as for other reads, obviously MMT is my main scum read. I feel like she is playing almost the exact same game as she did when she was scum in the Swan Song game. Her D1 cases were bad and then she just kind of slid under the radar. To add on to this, MMT just watched me play a town game where I barely posted at all for the first couple of game days. So her coming at me for not scum hunting after watching me do the same thing in Swan Song is completely disingenuous which is why I'm going to ##vote MMT

I'm starting to get suspicious of Quid. He's kind of posting like he does when he's town, but I'm confused as to why he hasn't acknowledged my post restriction when he went back to voting me despite having a bunch of posts. I'm also suspicious of OMG for dropping a vote on me without acknowledging my post restriction.

I think chores is playing kind of a scummy game. He isn't trying to do anything and he just seems to be following along as evidenced by him immediately voting Exact after Tobbs, despite Exact already being dead.

I've also got some weird feelings about both TM and FL. TM has made a lot of suspect posts and FL has barely posted anything of note. Although not posting much of note can also be said of a bunch of other people as well (and yes, that includes me), like CPig, Raeg, Somber, Hal, Epsilon.

Frankly, I'm actually kind of glad that DIPJ is dead with a flip because otherwise I'd probably be going after Tobbs right now given this PR. Obviously with DIPJs flip, Tobbs is clearly town and for that I'm happy. Inf, as annoying as he is being, is also likely to be town here given his claimed role.

I think that's about all for now.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Murmur Twin posted:

I think I did already?

After reading a lot more players scumlist right now would be:

TMM - his casework has amounted to "MMT can't possibly believe what she's saying" and "KB is relying on meta reads". His only post D2 is an explanation for why he can't properly case (can't post in-theme, can't exceed 10 content posts) which doesn't make sense to me given that he was at 0 when he said that. Also conceptually, if he's saying he has to go against the theme that everyone else is going with, it sounds to me like he's not aligned with the majority of the game (if that makes sense).

I'm going to split this post up into multiple posts but spoiler alert: Hal and Somber are high on my suspect list for pretty much the same things (giving the impression of content without really making any hard calls D1 > not posting at all D2)

My gut says CPig is scum but admittedly it's hard to differentiate his play this game from other games.

Murmur Twin posted:

This is what I would call "fabricating content". Hal is talking through his thought processes to give the impression of scum-hunting but none of these thought processes actually end with "I think __ is scum, here's why".

Hal - who are you feeling for scum now that you've had a game day to think about it?

*3*

Ugh, I should have preview posted.

This is just more of MMT going after easy targets. As I just said, she just watched me play this same way as town for the first couple of game days in Swan Song.

And she completely mischaracterizes my first post of today. My first post wasn't an explanation for why I can't properly case, it was an explanation of why I won't be able to post much today. Plus, I don't get the argument that it doesn't make sense when I was at 0 posts. What the gently caress else am I supposed to do when I have a post restriction that limits the number of times I can post during a game day? Is she expecting to me to post like 8 times and then say "Oh yeah, also I can only make 2 more posts or I'll be mod killed!" That doesn't make any sense. I have to come out and explain what happened right away or things would just snowball against me, which already seems to be happening anyway. Not to mention she is trying to use me having to post the opposite of the theme to say that I'm scum because, well it's the opposite. It's loving garbage.

And the whole post about Hal feels more like she is trying float the idea of Hal as scum and see how other people react to it. Notice she doesn't actually make a call about him in her post, but instead she turns around and asks him to say who he things is scum.

I'm really frustrated about this whole thing because given the timing of things, I can't post very much until after this game day ends on Thursday. Then most of Friday will be the night phase. So most of D3 is going to be during the weekend and then I'll be traveling and skiing Monday-Wednesday. I really do think scum did this to me to create a distraction and I hope that town doesn't fall for it because it loving sucks.

Vote MMT for a better tomorrow.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

King Burgundy posted:

Hmmm, maybe. But I find it odd that someone who is worried about the cuddle decides to wander off after that post rather then trying to apply the proper heat to a cuddle candidate. It's like you were going through the motions.

*4*

Says the only person who didn't have an active vote on someone at the deadline. And apparently, you think I should be glued to my computer at the end of the day constantly refreshing the thread or something. I was trying to be discrete earlier, but I guess next time I'll just clench hard and hope i don't poo poo my pants.

--------

Inf and Quid: I don't know what else I can say about my PR. I can't post more than 10 times, any post that isn't 'vote X' counts against me. I was told that's so if I use my 10 posts early that my vote wouldn't be locked in and I'd be able to change it at the end of the day. Empty quotes or even just saying 'hi' with a vote count. Plus I can't engage in the daily theme and have to do the opposite of it. As an example, I was told if the PR had been active on D1 then instead of rolling I would have had to post about standing still.

-----

I'm giving MMT the cold shoulder here because I just don't think she is engaging me honestly. The whole argument about why I'd come out first thing and explain what happened to me just doesn't sit right with me. Especially since it would be obvious that something was up because of the cold references. I think it's in the best interests of town to come right out with the information I had and MMT is trying to paint that as a scummy thing to do.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
*5*
A few more things:

Flying Leatherman posted:

hi everyone here's a spicy theory for you to chew on: scum don't want the boon activated. He says he's not allowed to engage with the day's theme, but instead he's engaging with the opposite of the day's theme. My suspicions are simmering.

I'm still reading, but this didn't just jump up at me, it leaped up and hit me in the face, like ... something hot. Bacon grease, while you're cooking?

Themes are difficult.

This is garbage. I don't know what FL is trying to say here. I clearly said that I have to post the opposite of the theme, so this isn't some kind of surprising revelation. It's obvious to me that the whole purpose of this PR is to make someone stand out and I'm really surprised people are taking the bait.

Tired Moritz posted:

##vote TMM

yeah I don't see their posting as a rational town post.

This vote gives me the chills. I'm pretty sure this guy is scum now. He would be my second vote behind MMT.

MMTs last few posts have convinced me of the pureness of her heart. ##unvote ##vote somber iunno whos in the game i just guessed he is

I also think this is kind of suspicious. Something about it just doesn't feel right to me. I am suspicious of Somber, but the move away from MMT when she is starting to get more momentum feels off. If diqnol is going to kill someone, I think chores is the right person.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
*1*

gently caress scum in this game. Seriously just gently caress them right in the rear end with a rusty spike.

I would like to take a baseball bat and beat them with it.

I'm sorry that I'm disconnected here but I absolutely HATE post restrictions and I am wishing severe violence on Kash for creating a role that would do this to someone.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
*2*

I'm Havana, a good aligned cousin who can't be photographed because of my giant head. This seems to be a counter to PMoms ability. I also have a ton of friends, so I ##collect 6 cousins at night and I am told how many scum are in the group (obviously not who), but I can't use the same people unless I've already checked everyone who is alive. This ability can't be redirected or given extra charges. It also isn't affected if the people in question die during the night. I was not able to use this power twice during N2 and could only use it during round 2.

On N1, I collected MMT, KB, CPig, chores, TM and FL. I was told there were 2 scum in the group, I obviously thought MMT was one of them, but I was wrong. One of them was CPig, so the other has to be between KB/chores/TM/FL. On N2, I collected: EPlus, Hal, Taste, PMom, Somber, and Quid and got another return of 2 scum. This is why I haven't come out and voted for any of the lurkers because the two scum in the group were PMom and Somber. That just leaves Gulag, Dick and Tobbs left as unchecked for the moment.

I think one of chores/TM/FL are lying scum and I'd like to viciously murder one of them. I'm still slightly suspicious of you KB, but for the moment I'll let it drop.

Based on the scumminess of play, I'll go ahead and ##vote chores because I'd like to bash his head in with a crowbar.

Yes, I realize that you still think I'm scum based on my meta KB, but the fact of the matter is that you're wrong. I'm just disconnected from the game because I really hate PRs. It doesn't matter that it's relatively benign as PRs go, it just immediately turns me off a game. There's a reason I don't play the occasional PR game that pops up. It just doesn't suit my style.

The bottom line here is that we shouldn't vote out ANY of the lurkers because according to my results, they aren't scum.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
*3*

Also, I'll use another of my posts here just to be clear that I would also kill either Gulag or Dick here because one was publicly announced as visiting a dead townie and the other was tracked to a kill, regardless of the fact that the kill was scum. It's possible that Gulag isn't scum, but some kind of other 3P killer.

I'm sorry that I've been disconnected from this game and I realize it doesn't help town, but at the same time, it's also allowed me to sort of disappear into the background and get results instead of dying early so I guess it's kind of a wash.

I'll be traveling to Denver tomorrow night which means I'll miss the deadline, but I should be able to make some posts during the morning/afternoon if there are questions for me.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
*4*

One more post tonight because I figure someone will want to know why I chose who I chose each night.

On N1, I picked MMT/KB because they were my scum reads. MMT because of her terrible case on me and KB for relying on a lot of meta. CPig and chores were chosen because I can never get a good read on them. And FL/TM were chosen for gut reasons.

On N2, I picked EPlus/Hal/Taste (Fisk) because I even though I was disconnected and wishing violent bodily harm on Kash for creating a role with a dumb PR, I still quickly checked and realized they would be freely lynchable today. So I didn't want scum to take an easy run at them. I chose PMom because he replaced in. I chose Somber because a lot of people seemed to be suspicious of him. And I chose Quid because I just couldn't be sure about him.

I feel like we are dealing with a larger scum team because we've already flipped 4 scum and I've still got this dumb PR plus there were a lot of deaths last night.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
*5*

It was expressly stated that I can't be redirected. I believe this is because my ability targets multiple people. It wouldn't be much use if I got 6 random people.

It's also possibly because my giant head makes it hard to move me.

FL: As far as I know, I was hit with the PR again, but I suppose it could be some weird permanent thing.

I'm headed to the airport now and I'll vote before I get on the plane.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

King Burgundy posted:

So one possible slip I'm seeing here.

TMM made a big show about how he had to post the opposite of the daily thing as part of his PR. I don't see anything in this most recent post at the very least that is the opposite of peace.

*6*

That's my fault because I was rushing to get out the door. I guess we'll just have to see if King Kash decides to mutilate me or let it slide. The main gist if it was that I can't engage in the days theme.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Jonathan Fisk posted:

I believe leaving gulag alive is a mistake for town. I think they've played like a cornered sk would. Withthat said, gulag is clearly not Mafia, so ymmv

*7*

However, if Gulag is an SK, it might force scum to deal with him. I can see the arguments for both sides.

I think there's kind of a big conundrum here. We have 2 players in TM and Gulag who have claimed killing abilities, albeit in a semi-limited fashion. We also have a potential scum who claims to be able to make everyone randomly target people in FL.

Right now, I'm thinking we hack off the limbs of TM with a rusty axe. If he isn't the scum in the group I named, then Gulag masons/murders one of FL/Dick (I'm not sure if he should call his shot). Meanwhile I collect Gulag, Dick, Tobbs + three other people. I'm thinking the three people who would be left from the scum group, but I'm open to suggestions. Hal tracks Gulag? KB uses his ability on either Hal or chores? Taste and Eplus act accordingly.

The lynch pin there is that we have to hope FL agrees and refuses to use his ability.

I've got about 30 minutes before I board, so if someone has any other ideas then talk it out. I land in Denver around 7:20 MST, which actually should give me a little time before the now floating deadline if I need to make changes.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

yo does your role scan for non-good cousins or specifically bad cousins

*8*

I collect cousins and I'm told if any aren't my friends. I assume that means that any bad or non-good cousins aren't my friends, but it isn't explicitly stated.

They deserve to be chopped into bloody cubes for disturbing my party.

I'm going to hold off on making my last two posts in case they are needed after my flight. Thankfully I can freely vote as long as there isn't anything else in the post besides '##vote X'.

I'll drop my vote in about 15 minutes.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
##vote Tired

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Sorry everyone, I just got home and I don't know if I will be up before the deadline. I finally don't have to deal with that stupid loving post restriction.

I collected Gulag, Dick, Tobbs, Fisk, EPlus and Hal last night and I was told one person isn't my friend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
However, I do have to say that the chores kill is weirding me out. Why chores over either confirmed town Tobbs or confirmed town KB?

• Locked thread