Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Bifauxnen posted:

aaaaaaah thanks now I got it

I thought it was like self deprecation at his failed spreadsheet gambit :v:

Yeah, fwiw, I read it the same way the first time. Only caught it on reread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

To put everything into one post:

I started the game as a freelancer with an additional ability to fail all actions.

D1 I became a Red Mage.

N2 I used my ability to fail all actions. I gambited to hopefully get someone to claim a success but no one would do it. :negative: As a result of my action I have 0 cp remaining.

As a Level 3 Red Mage, I now have a night vig in my pocket.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

King Burgundy posted:

Sorry, I've been using role/job interchangeably this game since I wasn't thinking about potential people like chaos with actual roles.

I have knowledge gained from this day phase which you have theoretically also been reading. :) We've only had two people claim getting CP taken from them. And two thieves claimed. One of those thieves, Mithross, claimed to target BK, a person who hasn't claimed getting stolen from. Moat said monk got Nexus.

Do you really consider this wild speculation? 2+2=?

this was mostly directed at pera fyi, I was quoting you to ask if we had any reason to think bk was a nexus but rearranged things and your quote didn't get moved

bk hasn't said much of anything all game, so unless he claims nexus I'd not rule out there being an unclaimed thief. there are four dead people that could have been theft targets.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

this is a stickup posted:

this was mostly directed at pera fyi, I was quoting you to ask if we had any reason to think bk was a nexus but rearranged things and your quote didn't get moved

bk hasn't said much of anything all game, so unless he claims nexus I'd not rule out there being an unclaimed thief. there are four dead people that could have been theft targets.

Ah, that's also true. Fair enough.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

you think that cpig sending him a pm telling him his cp went down is scummy? I got one when I switched jobs

That is a wild misrepresentation. Not down. Zero. And then he claimed to be missing. And then he said it was stolen from him. And then he tried one of the larger, most contentious intel gatherings we've seen yet while you yourself badgered him to just answer the loving question.

unless you have knowledge of bk's role, which it sure sounds like you do, do we have any reason at all to believe bk is a nexus? this is wild speculation.

You're god drat right it is, because as a town player in this particular game, paranoia is my only defense against CPig and Scum only knows what could possibly be out there.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.

chaoslord posted:

Do you happen to remember who did it d2? Want to go read their posts but on mobile and :effort:

I misremembered. Mr F claimed his action was RB, and he was stolen from, but didn't actually say he'd leveled.

Fun fact: Mr. F is playing in this game.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

peramene posted:

That is a wild misrepresentation. Not down. Zero. And then he claimed to be missing. And then he said it was stolen from him. And then he tried one of the larger, most contentious intel gatherings we've seen yet while you yourself badgered him to just answer the loving question.

You're god drat right it is, because as a town player in this particular game, paranoia is my only defense against CPig and Scum only knows what could possibly be out there.

tomorrow night I'm going to dare you to stay under 30 words a post and use no formatting or capital letters when playing mafia for the next 28 days

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Mithross posted:

I misremembered. Mr F claimed his action was RB, and he was stolen from, but didn't actually say he'd leveled.

Fun fact: Mr. F is playing in this game.

So I am starting to think it is a scum slip and maybe pera and mr f are scum together. Pera says "level after being RB" was something that was previously discussed but I don't think it was.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
My argument doesn't even HINGE on BK being the one with a nexus, my argument hinges on the fact that CL says "I'll just shoot BK." which might work. Might get redirected to somebody else. Motherfucker might even shoot his goddamn self. With so little knowledge of what these jobs are even capable of - and so many more on the way, it is unreal that you would throw the sort of poo poo you're throwing at me, stickup.

tomorrow night I'm going to dare you to stay under 30 words a post and use no formatting or capital letters when playing mafia for the next 28 days

aww real talk? we would love to have you, even if you wanna do silly nonsense like this. the more the merrier.

(I'm also probably not gonna play much mafia in the next 28 days, I'm taking a break after C&L - I made an exception for this game 'cuz CPig and FF, I thought it would be different and holy poo poo is it ever.)

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

This makes me want to show up and dare everyone to do the opposite. :) I demand long posts with proper grammar.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

chaoslord posted:

So I am starting to think it is a scum slip and maybe pera and mr f are scum together. Pera says "level after being RB" was something that was previously discussed but I don't think it was.

Aww here we go this is a good enough excuse to go looking.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
one post at a time sara, jeez

chaoslord posted:

Back to this real quick
did someone on D2 come in say they were roleblocked but still double leveled? I don't remember that but TBF I skimmed a lot of d2 from being on the road

I think it was actually earlier today? Ugggh I don't wanna go back looking. We did have the conversation tho. Accepting the premise that you were scumLord tho, it'd be a good play to try to make, right?

chaoslord posted:

Yes. That was sort of bending. My result PM did say I have 0 cp left, but that was a function of my ability costing All of my points.

Missing. Anybody fool enough to attempt to use an ability yesterday lost their ammo for their trouble (save, uh, AR? Do we even know yet? [Mafia Edit - Ah, I see you are claiming responsibility for the storm.]) I see very, very easily that you could get a PM like that after having cast something and not being able to afford it - I mean, can anyone comment on bottoming out and not being able to use their abilities due to bankruptcy?

King Burgundy posted:

Sorry, I've been using role/job interchangeably this game since I wasn't thinking about potential people like chaos with actual roles.

Not only same, but big loving deal?

King Burgundy posted:

Yeah, fwiw, I read it the same way the first time. Only caught it on reread.

Also same, fwiw.

I'm sensing an awful lot of defense of chaos from stickup. Are we on the right track?

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Pera you started thinking I was scum because I said "I am missing CP" rather than the full sentence "CPig sent me a PM saying I had lost CP" because somehow the former was not specific enough so I don't know if you are the right person to accuse others of Wild misrepresentation :v:

Also I claimed it to be missing before 0 fwiw. The 0 came last of everything in your sequence, not first

peramene posted:

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

peramene posted:

My argument doesn't even HINGE on BK being the one with a nexus, my argument hinges on the fact that CL says "I'll just shoot BK." which might work. Might get redirected to somebody else. Motherfucker might even shoot his goddamn self. With so little knowledge of what these jobs are even capable of - and so many more on the way, it is unreal that you would throw the sort of poo poo you're throwing at me, stickup.

aww real talk? we would love to have you, even if you wanna do silly nonsense like this. the more the merrier.

(I'm also probably not gonna play much mafia in the next 28 days, I'm taking a break after C&L - I made an exception for this game 'cuz CPig and FF, I thought it would be different and holy poo poo is it ever.)

actually it's pretty unlikely I'm there on a friday night, especially with kb's heinous threats on the table!!

the only redirect we know of right now is a nexus. unless you have something you'd like to share, of course. it's possible, even likely, that there are redirects or busdrives in some job yet to show up or be claimed.

thing is, after he claimed red mage, scum knew he had a vig. doesn't matter if he calls out bk as a target, cl became a target for redirects the moment he claimed. what it DOES do is give us a control - if bk lives, we know he's either a nexus, someone hosed with his action, or he lied.

at the moment, I'm thinking he intendes to use that vig tonight regardless. is not knowing his target somehow beneficial?

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

peramene posted:

I think it was actually earlier today?

Exactly. You hit me with

peramene posted:

feigns a rule mistake we've been over - Mr. "Someone's Not Reading the Thread" -

The only way for this to make sense is if it happened before I used my action N2. So it would have had to happen D2. I am fairly confident from my skim that this conversation didn't happen D2, but again I have left that question open so that anyone can prove me wrong and I will withdraw my point.

If it is not in the thread D2, but you had gone over it before I acted, the only place you could have gone over it is in the scum doc

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Kashuno posted:

is anyone else level 3 because I didn't receive a PM saying that

I guess cpig likes me best cause he proactively sent me a pm at like midnight telling me I was level 3

Mithross posted:

I had to ask CPig, and he confirmed it. If you class changed D1 and used your class ability N1, you're skill level 3 now.

and then somebody else at some point said something like it's using the ability, not successfully using the ability, which a handful of people said sure to? i think? but I can't find it and I'm tired

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

at the moment, I'm thinking he intendes to use that vig tonight regardless

Oh most definitely

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

peramene posted:

Not only same, but big loving deal?

yeah, it's a big loving deal. they are fundamentally different, and one of the things you put out there was cl not coming forward about a non-freelancer job start.

you're also going after his choice of words right now. weird that you're brushing this off.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
This is indeed Day 3 by the way but I never said otherwise. Just that we'd already been over it. I was in my therapist's office having a laugh with Kash I think when we had the chat.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

peramene posted:

and then somebody else at some point said something like it's using the ability, not successfully using the ability, which a handful of people said sure to? i think? but I can't find it and I'm tired

none of these were roleblocks. I'm not sure if anyone had brought up roleblocks and leveling before.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

I don't know if we can or should presume BK is a nexus or some poo poo, but one thing I agree with peramene on is, I don't think it's a good idea to call out your vig shots if you actually want to see that person dead.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

peramene posted:

This is indeed Day 3 by the way but I never said otherwise. Just that we'd already been over it. I was in my therapist's office having a laugh with Kash I think when we had the chat.

Yes we talked about it today because I asked for clarification on the point in the thread today. Which would be after I used my action.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Bifauxnen posted:

I don't know if we can or should presume BK is a nexus or some poo poo, but one thing I agree with peramene on is, I don't think it's a good idea to call out your vig shots if you actually want to see that person dead.

generally yeah but unless scum are going to save him, we don't have a reason to

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

So not to side track things too much, but I think I only want to vote lurkers today. I'm kinda tired of how little some folks are participating. Also it is going to get harder and harder to vote people out if we keep having to deal with them.

Of the lurkers, right now highest on my radar is Mr.F. My theory on him being an unclaimed black mage still fits. Unless someone who got warrior steps forward and says they got a roleblock.

##vote Mr.F

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

yeah, it's a big loving deal. they are fundamentally different, and one of the things you put out there was cl not coming forward about a non-freelancer job start.

you're also going after his choice of words right now. weird that you're brushing this off.

well, two against one, neener neener

none of these were roleblocks. I'm not sure if anyone had brought up roleblocks and leveling before.

this is entirely possible but it seems odd to me that you'd level if an action failed but not if you were specifically blocked? again we're back to information that just isn't possible to get

I mean, correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't CL's .... thing... that made everybody who failed do something to stop them from leveling up?

Bifauxnen posted:

and I'm sorry CL I don't mean to - oh god, Mafia Mom - (be condescending) but this is like, holy poo poo, don't ever call your shots

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Booooooooooooooooo KB, boooooooooooo

Nah, kidding. I can see that.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
"I mean, correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't CL's .... thing... that made everybody who failed do something to stop them from leveling up? " (if that were the case obviously)

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

peramene posted:

well, two against one, neener neener
I changed my mind. cl please kill pera, thanks!

quote:

this is entirely possible but it seems odd to me that you'd level if an action failed but not if you were specifically blocked? again we're back to information that just isn't possible to get

I mean, correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't CL's .... thing... that made everybody who failed do something to stop them from leveling up?
I'm assuming it's possible to level up for the same reason, just clarifying

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
realtalk if the accusation is pera+Mr. F I get that it wouldn't "clear me" at all what with the whole backstabbing allies in the past history but I would be totes down with swapping that vote, especially if KB and BIf slash whoever else wants to chime in thinks I'm being too hard on chaos (if so, sorry bro, still getting the hang of this poo poo and I thought I had you red loving handed, got over-excited maybe)

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

peramene posted:

"I mean, correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't CL's .... thing... that made everybody who failed do something to stop them from leveling up? " (if that were the case obviously)

I was hopeful that would be the case and that someone would come in with the level 3 role info for a role they shouldn't have but enough people have said "I still levelled up when I failed" that either the whole scum team scumslipped with it or it is true that you gain a a level when you are roleblocked

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

peramene posted:

(if so, sorry bro, still getting the hang of this poo poo and I thought I had you red loving handed, got over-excited maybe)

It's mafia, gotta go with what you're feeling. I mean I kinda did the same thing with Tobbs D1 :v:

I still do think it was crazy that at -8 an hour out rather than ask "why did you vote me?" His reaction was to flavor claim. Guilty conscience IMO. Buuuuuuuuuut that's. It relevant for right now

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

chaoslord posted:

Buuuuuuuuuut that's not relevant for right now

Mafia edit

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

I changed my mind. cl please kill pera, thanks!

I'm assuming it's possible to level up for the same reason, just clarifying

I would advise against this, but fwiw:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tq7SGQzeCEw

chaoslord posted:

I was hopeful that would be the case and that someone would come in with the level 3 role info for a role they shouldn't have

I get you. Like I so hear this. But man, if you're town, this seems a poo poo way to go about it and they'd be coordinating so effectively (assuming they aren't just all lurking, lmao)

Plenty of time 'til deadline and I've said quite enough. I'm not sure about Chaos but I'mma toss an olive branch anyway.

for now at least: ##unvote

chaoslord posted:

Mafia edit

loving mobile, right?

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

peramene posted:

realtalk if the accusation is pera+Mr. F I get that it wouldn't "clear me" at all what with the whole backstabbing allies in the past history but I would be totes down with swapping that vote, especially if KB and BIf slash whoever else wants to chime in thinks I'm being too hard on chaos (if so, sorry bro, still getting the hang of this poo poo and I thought I had you red loving handed, got over-excited maybe)

TBF the you+ mr.f thing might be a stretch on my part. You may just be over zealous town who wanted to get a zing in on me and you got a little sloppy with the timeline

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
well poo poo then chaos and sticks what do you think of

Mr. F!

(it just doesn't feel right unless you do it)

Just for laughs: a found poem

chaoslord posted:

TBF... you
might be over zealous
on me
and you
got a little sloppy

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

CapitalistPig posted:

Moat is dead

King Gorn

Alus... the kingdom is yours now. Stop the war, and bring peace back to its people. I'm counting on you, son...
—King Gorn"

Light Aligned

Current Job - Black Mage

I wanted to look at this gem again before trying to sleep

fuckin black mage. I mean what the gently caress moat lmao

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

peramene posted:

well poo poo then chaos and sticks what do you think of

Mr. F!

(it just doesn't feel right unless you do it)

Just for laughs: a found poem

I would be open to voting Mr. F. I don't have a work assignment for tomorrow and want to reread the thread before t/d so I'll hopefully have a more firm opinion before then, but yeah, mags is lurking and KB may be right

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
oh wow truth or dare is gonna gently caress this game up something aw--- heh

yeah we better have our votes locked in

hey cpig how about an extra twelve on that deadline

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Deadline isn't until end of Saturday so should be fine for y'all unless it happens two days this go round, I am just traveling basically all day Saturday and may miss it so I'm gonna try to make tomorrow as if it is deadline for me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 3

peramene (1): Kashuno
Mr. F! (1): King Burgundy
Kashuno (1): IllegallySober
chaoslord (0): peramene, peramene

Not Voting (11): Absurd Revolver, Bifauxnen, BottleKnight, chaoslord, Grandicap, jon joe, Mithross, Mr. F!, peramene, this is a stickup, Tobbs Gnawed

With 14 alive, it's 8 votes to execute. The current deadline is January 28th, 2017 at 11:59 p.m. EST -- that's in about 1 day, 21 hours.

• Locked thread