Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mikemil828
May 15, 2008

A man who has said too much

Sjs00 posted:

This game is visually breathtaking!
I've never really gotten into the whole Warhammer 40k fandom; but I've always been very interested in it. Do you guys recommend any books that start more or less at the 'beginning' of the conflict? I wouldn't mind immersing myself in the lore
Otherwise I will be watching this LP for the amazing visuals and voice acting and of course explosions

The beginning of the conflict is what is called the Horus Heresy and there is around 43 novels from multiple authors dealing specifically with the period, if you don't want to read that many books, you can just go to Lexicanum to get your fill of 40k knowledge.

http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Main_Page

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mikemil828
May 15, 2008

A man who has said too much

Kopijeger posted:

Also, why is the Navigator telling you how to maneuver in real space, and the Commissar giving out tactical advice on fleet combat? That is clearly not what their roles are supposed to be.

Most likely it's due to the fact that it's the tutorial missions. The captain realistically doesn't need to be told how to fly his ship. However since the player is unlikely to be an orphan trained since childhood at a special school to be a Imperial Navy Officer and survived decades of battle and office politics to be captain they have to make some story allowances for the sake of gameplay.

• Locked thread