Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010
4 minutes into the first episode and I have to stop the video so I can come here and post "oh my god it's like an improved and updated starfleet command I loved starfleet command bwaaaaaaaa"

Okay, back to the video.

EDIT: Okay, maybe not because we're not tethered to the ship and it only goes when you click. Still this looks neat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010
Eisenhorn -> The Entire 40K Online Lexicanum -> Cain/Gaunt's Ghosts (Alternate between series to prevent the Ghosts giving you Grimdark overload) -> Ravenor -> Shira Calpurnia -> Blood Angels -> Soul Drinkers (Because you need to experience at least a tiny amount of what the rest of 40K fiction is like.)

Edit: gently caress, I forgot to throw the complete and utter poo poo that is Inquisition War in there somewhere, because that hot garbage is insane and must be experienced.

RickVoid fucked around with this message at 09:24 on Jan 21, 2017

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010
ORKS IS FOR SHOUTIN' AND KILLIN'

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010
Had to stop the second video of episode two partway through to say that 'oim think' our Commisar is a bit orky soundin' hisself.

I think the VA might have done an Ork voice in one of the other 40K games.

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010

Fat Samurai posted:

Highwang deserved it because he was playing the game as cautiously as possible, Herpicle is playing the game as God intended, i.e. Full Speed Ahead. :colbert:

I stopped reading Eisenhorn after the prostitute who is physically repulsive due to her mental powers (and yet earns a living as a prostitute) develops a taste for poetry and tries to protect a member of the team from a huge monster five minutes after being recruited. She also manages to con Eisenhorn's nemesis into revealing his plans, which is a tall order considering he's supposed to be a master manipulator and cult leader himself.

And maybe she is supposed to be painful to be around if you're a psychic, which the bad guy is? I'm not sure.

Alizabeth Bequin is the waifuiest waifu that ever waifued.

No wait, that's Kara Swole. Alizebeth is a close second though.

For those wondering, Patience Kys comes in third. Even if she's number one in my heart. (Seriously, why did we get a Not-Bequin trilogy and not a Inquisitor Kys trilogy? The secret answer is that even if he is the second best 40K author, Abnett is still a goddamned hack.)

EDIT: Also what everyone else said.

RickVoid fucked around with this message at 03:56 on Jan 24, 2017

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010

my dad posted:

And remember, it's not Eldar anymore, it's Aeldari.

I JUST SHAT OUT ANOTHER WARP STORM. WHAT THE gently caress IS AN AELDARI?

But seriously, did they actually do the thing were you add an I after the R and replace the E sound with an AE sound to make it seem more exotic?

Games Workshop is the loving worst.

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010

VolticSurge posted:

Poor Bright is having Char flashbacks right now.

Eye's da Red Komet, 'umie!

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010

VolticSurge posted:

One the one hand,the Orkz would probably appreciate his fondness for the color red.On the other,they'd probably find him to be a poncy git. They'd probably fall in love with Dozle,though-he's basically an Ork in a human body:

Yes, that IS a fuckoff huge axe his Zaku is holding, your eyes do not deceive you.

Dropping a space station on the planet you are attacking is also a very Orky tactic.

They'd ride it to the ground of course, but that's neither here not there.

Edit: A direct link to a better scaling version of the big-rear end ship picture. Kind of disappointed they don't have the Nostalgia For Infinity on there, as you could probably hide it in the middle of the 40K ships and no one would notice, but I'm also not surprised.

RickVoid fucked around with this message at 05:02 on Jan 30, 2017

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010
Blood Angels or Bust Blood Vessels!!

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010

Deadmeat5150 posted:

Im a Dark Angels man myself. Anyone who isnt is just fooling themselves. Or playing into The Plan.

Sure, if you wanna follow Lion "I'majustwaithereandseeifHorusorDadwinsthewar" El'Johnson.

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010
Oh poo poo, I forgot about the Fighting Farmers, and the Chapter Master thread. Didn't know you were the one that ran that Herp. Was fun until GW found out about the game and did what they always do.

IIRC, wasn't it a GW employee's fault that they got turned onto it in the first place? They were talking to someone about it at work and then they got pulled into a meeting with a bunch of executives and had to spill the beans, or am I misremembering?

Edit: Did a little digging, and apparently while they did scrub all of the 40K content from the base game and retag it as "Interstellar Army Simulator", there is a 40K "mod" that supposedly put it right back the way it was, which is neat.

Just don't go digging too far into the Bay12Games thread that I wandered into to find out more about it's current status. Madness lies that way.

RickVoid fucked around with this message at 04:10 on Feb 1, 2017

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010

Cathode Raymond posted:

GW gestapo lurk around every corner :ninja:

You joke but it's still pretty goddamned accurate.

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010

Technowolf posted:

The Eldar finally managed to get Ynnead, God of the Dead, partially summoned (because Eldar making gods worked out so well the last time), but manage to destroy one of their biggest craftworlds, Biel-tan. The survivors from this - known as the Ynnari because they follow Ynnead, his herald Yvaine, and his avatar the Yncarne - retreat through the webway and meet up with the Imperial forces that fell back after Fall of Cadia. They both then go to Macragge where Yvraine uses her Aeldari magick to heal Big Bobby G.

I unironically hate everything about this.

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010

Veloxyll posted:

Adeptus Orkanicus, 'ere to Krump Gitz!
Or should that be Adeptus Orktartes

Adeptork Krumpstartes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010

sleepy.eyes posted:

Lets have Captain John Brannigan of the Nostalgia for Infinity.

This, but Ilya Volyova. The Captain was more of a Machine Spirit.

• Locked thread