Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

Is it OK to submit ships/captains yet? If it is, Captain Bright of the White Base reporting for duty. Preferably something with fighters,but I'll take anything I can get.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

CommissarMega posted:

I'd actually not recommend the Horus Heresy books, as they make real what should've been an age of larger than life myth, and humanize what should've been demigods.

Instead, I'd recommend the Eisenhorn and Ravenor series of books for a look at usual Imperial life, the book Fifteen Hours for the life of a Guardsman, this game for the Imperial Navy, the Dawn of War series of games for the Space Marines and the Faith and Fire books for the Adepta Sororitas. This way, you should have a pretty good handle on the signature factions of the Imperium.

And yes, the Adepta Sororitas are damned well signature :colbert:

Also,Brothers of the Snake is a pretty cool Space Marine book,IMO. It has one of my favorite gags involving the Inquisition ever and the main group of Spess Mureens are not total dickheads.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

cokerpilot posted:

You know Herp I can't help but feel you get so hyper focused on ramming that you sometimes forget about everything else going on. Would you mind to terribly much if I criticize your tactics a bit or do you want people backseat LPing for you?

If it's anything like Highwang's Darkest Dungeon LP, giving the LPer poo poo will become commonplace to the point where the Youtubers complain that it's bad and toxic or whatever.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Cassa posted:

Ah I see. The only really bad audio thing, for me and it could totally be my setup, was the cinematic being twice as loud.

CommissarMega posted:

it's just that the makers of this game know how 40K works, and part of that involves PEOPLE SPEAKING JUST BELOW SHOUTING LEVEL ALL THE TIME*, PRAISE THE IMMORTAL GOD-EMPEROR!

*Unless you're an Ork, in which case DERE'S NO VOLUME BELOW SHOUTY, YA GIT!

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Sjs00 posted:

Good god that is great

My favorite episodes (so far) are the ones dealing with the Custodes (dat Jojo reference) the Tyranid invasion,and the Tau. The Emperor's reaction to the Tau not engaging in Melee is priceless.

VolticSurge fucked around with this message at 04:07 on Jan 24, 2017

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Hunter Noventa posted:

I love the side-episode where they play not!YuGiOh.

Yeah,that was also pretty great. Looking forwards to the followup where he duels Tzeentch.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

I'm kinda interested in seeing how Herpicle handles the next mission. Those loving assholes cloaking and slipping away are so goddam annoying.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Brunom1 posted:

Red, so that our ships can ram three times faster.

Poor Bright is having Char flashbacks right now.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

RickVoid posted:

Eye's da Red Komet, 'umie!

One the one hand,the Orkz would probably appreciate his fondness for the color red.On the other,they'd probably find him to be a poncy git. They'd probably fall in love with Dozle,though-he's basically an Ork in a human body:

Yes, that IS a fuckoff huge axe his Zaku is holding, your eyes do not deceive you.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

I'm a big White Scars guy. Badass space biker Mongols. I can picture them driving around,rocking the gently caress out and having a fun time.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

HerpicleOmnicron5 posted:

Then, if there are no objections, I'll rename White Base as the Macross to keep it as our weeb exclusion zone designated anime vessel and name the new ship the Taciturn Cogitator.

While I'd rather have the name be changed to Argama(more thematically appropriate),this is also acceptable.

VolticSurge fucked around with this message at 10:29 on Mar 12, 2017

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Looks like the Eldar are gonna be Herp's new nemesis to replace the Orks.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

KnoxZone posted:

Superior Eldar easily outwit the mon-keighs yet again. :smug:

Don't make me bring Coolguye in here to have a word with you,heretic. :commissar: As his Dawn of War 2 LPs indicate, his hatred of the xenos is legendary.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Since you were wondering, the name of the "mask guy" is Char. Who I suggest for a Captain name the next time the ship is destroyed. As for the ship name, I suggest the Rewloola, which was Char's personal ship during his counterattack.

VolticSurge fucked around with this message at 22:00 on Apr 9, 2017

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

As for replacing our lost ships, Thrawn of the Chimaera reporting for duty.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Veloxyll posted:

The game Space Marine is good.

The VO of the Blood Raven commander, on the other hand...

Oh,come on. No one is worse than Indrick "Spess Mureens" Boreale.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Ya'know, you could've just explained Thrawn as a human with a skin condition or something like that? But I don't mind either way.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

He's also not the captain but rather the admiral, fleet commander rather than ship. I do love Thrawn, but Pellaeon desperately needs more love. Is he in the new book? It's still not on Audible in the UK, and that's the only way I really enjoy non-Warhammer books nowadays.

I don't think so. Disney's all about pushing Thrawn up and forgetting about that other guy. Because fanservice.

And as for replacing the unfortunate Cogitator/Chimaera (your pick), Captain Ramius of the Archangel reporting for duty.

VolticSurge fucked around with this message at 22:35 on May 22, 2017

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Dreadwroth posted:

Dorn doesn't need avenging, he's fine.
https://youtu.be/M56aycpd9kA?t=1008
(this series should totally be canon, that would make 40K way more fun)

I love how he pops the helmet off by flexing. Best Primarch, indeed.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Apologies for the delay, I've been trying endlessly without success to pull off a really cool trick that can be done in the next mission, the fight with the Planet Killer, but have failed repeatedly.

Have these stream VoDs of Star Trek Bridge Crew (VR) instead while I still fling myself at Abaddon to no avail:

Bridge Crew Part 1

Bridge Crew Part 2 (Might still be processing, Twitch is being slow, enjoy this highlight if it is processing)

That actually makes the game look kinda fun. I know it's probably not in reality,because VR, but still.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Edit:Whoops,doublepost. Sorry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Comstar posted:

I think the latest If the Emperor had a Text-to-Speech Device - Episode 25: Fiery Family Reunion has some of the best lines of the series. We find out what happened (sort of) to two more Primarchs.

Rogal Dorn has been dethroned as Best Primarch. That honor now lies with Vulkan.

• Locked thread