Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

iospace posted:

So Sebring decided to throw some shade at the aussies (and Daytona).

https://twitter.com/sebringraceway/status/827954090491707393

Sebring isn't fit enough to be mentioned in the same book as Bathurst, let alone the same sentence. Boring arse flat circuit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Powershift posted:

How much longer can they keep using the commodore and falcon body shapes?

I think this year is the last for the Falcon, I think they will be moving to a Mustang shape next year. The Commodore will look like some Opel next year.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

gret posted:

Whincup is still a menace.

God that man has become a huge hack the past few seasons. He truly has a view that he is the best driver out there, and everyone should get out of his way

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

There's been a huge accident at the Australian Supercars race at Symonds Plains.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Just watching a replay of that race. Holy poo poo

First race results have been scrapped.

You Am I fucked around with this message at 14:52 on Apr 8, 2017

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

I'm glad there's a team in the V8s to finally shut up the Red Bull/Triple 8 team

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Pablo Bluth posted:

I assume that lack of BTCC talk is that we're all still blinded by the brilliance of the drives Racing God Plato is currently turning in.

Same, but the lack of Australian Supercars chat now the Red Bull Triple 8 team are being kerb stomped by Dick Johnson/Penske

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

orange juche posted:

In more misc racing news, the isle of man TT is this week.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjZXaUwYoog

Enjoy a ride through a 140mph superbike crash, poo poo is :stonk:

Over an hour and a half later when they interview him he's still not composed because he was convinced he was dead.

I watched a brief bit of the TT yesterday and that crash happened at that time. Holy poo poo it was scary :(

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Feels Villeneuve posted:

how excited is everyone for Sandown, the most boring endurance race of the year

Is that on this weekend? There's been gently caress all advertising of it, either on TV or social media.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Feels Villeneuve posted:

the run-off on that turn has always been brutal, probably the worst spot on the calendar to have a huge crash at

Having a crash on the 16th of September?

The problem with Sandown that there's no real run off areas along the back straight there due to land constraints. The entry and exit of that straight can cause huge accidents.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Heh, Whingecup has missed out on the Top 10 shoot out at Bathurst

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

McLauchin's pole lap for Bathurst was loving amazing. How the hell he didnt crash at McPhillamy I have no clue

Takes a New Zealander to beat a previous best qualifying lap done by a New Zealander

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Looks like there is going to be some rain at Bathurst :getin:

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Old KB needing a walking stick these days. No wonder after the huge shunts he had in Formula 5000 in the 70s. John Goss isn't looking too bad

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

The Triple 8 driver using a squeegee to clear the inside of his windscreen down Conrod Straight. Balls of steel

EDIT: Someone must be keeping a running tally of the number of cars losing it at Murray's Corner

You Am I fucked around with this message at 02:53 on Oct 8, 2017

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

harperdc posted:

RIPenske, the pole car has succumbed to its motor problem.
I feel sorry for McLaughlan since he was so dominate during most of the weekend. Bathurst seems to be a place which he gets bad luck at

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

What was the latest safety car out for?

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Rock on the track, previous one was for a kangaroo.

Dick Johnson has a shiver down his spine for some reason

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Holy poo poo on for young and old after that restart

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

SVG done the Triple 8 thing of throwing away their Bathurst race

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

There goes Simona :(

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Ah poo poo, a safety car finish :(

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

I didn't know Ford was also moving away from the V8. It would be strange since the Mustang V8 is selling pretty well.

Good to see no Triple 8 cars up there.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Kevin Schwantz won a Macau GP once which is one of many reasons that Kevin Schwantz owned.

e) the list of 80s/90s Macau GP winners is basically a who's who of badass bike racers, Schwantz, Robert Dunlop, Steve Hislop, Ron Haslam, Carl Fogarty.

The Dunlop brothers were mad bastards. Infact any motorcycle rider who does those road races are among the most fearless humans on the planet.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

gently caress Whincup, he is the worst.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

CactusWeasle posted:

I'm so glad I avoided all racing sites to catch that race today. I dont think ive ever seen a title decider like that. Goddamn

Oh yeah and gently caress Whincup

I can't remember the year, but the one where Rick Kelly won by punting Craig Lowndes off the track was a lovely decision as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

freeranger posted:

Didn't Rick also not win a single race that season?

I was, and still am, pissed off about that result. Still hate Kelly for it, and it was like 10 years ago.
I think that was the case. It was a pure Senna/Schumacher move.

I hated Kelly before that, and he still sounds like a teen boy hitting puberty.

• Locked thread