Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
Yeah I just paid for it and still nothing in my browser on any of the pages. Which one should I be F5ing? Does the Radio Le Mans team control the audio on the WEC feed or will I need to split?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
Alright but where on the WEC site should I be trying to get the video? Last year I just took the Ford feed which had Radio as their sound.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
Website just flipped over I'm good.

Is there any race commentary? Might stick with Radio, this guy already sounds less fun.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
Is ByKolls back on track yet or what? I missed the start on the WEC stream (it died when the pace car pulled away) too but at least I had the audio from RLM. Their stream also doesn't disable the mouse cursor like YouTube.

Not going to bother with FS1 but WEC/FIA need to poach some of the UFC's video-on-demand team.

Shumagorath fucked around with this message at 14:20 on Jun 17, 2017

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
How synced up are the RLM team with what I'll see on the main broadcast? Not going to stream from any one car unless a knife fight starts between Ford and Ferrari, but if even if they're significantly better than the new team I'd like to have the video match up at least a little.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Xisticide posted:

Pull up their YouTube stream, it has the race clock on it so you can sync them up

Here https://youtu.be/eHofZruKgTQ
Thanks that was easier than I thought!

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

DoctorGonzo posted:

AF Corse #71 488 GTE this is the official ferrari car?
Doesn't matter; it's losing to Ford again.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Wirth1000 posted:

Holy poo poo, this owns. Onboard streams of all their cars and an option to play Radio Le Mans over the stream.

I loving love Porsche.
I watched those last year but the problem is you lose the stream if a car retires. I know that's unlikely with Porsche but I think we even lost #2 by morning so Ford channel was obviously better last year.

Holy poo poo RLM is synced up to WEC right now with that beautiful LMP1 pit exit battle.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
Stream dead again, gently caress this I'll try the Porsche feed.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
Of course the WEC stream comes back after all the replays of that crash are long gone.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
Are they out already? I heard when they put the morgue blanket over whatever Porsche took the hit.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
Nice recovery by #43. Also awesome to see Ford creeping up on Aston.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
Oh poo poo, one of the LMP1 Porsches retired while I was at the gym. What happened to it?

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
lovely way to go but at least we still have Ford grinding Aston down.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
Go go #69! First Corvette now the lead Aston.

On the other hand holy poo poo poor Toyota with the same electrical issues again. Maybe Porsche is using e-War.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Akileese posted:

Also fuckin LMAO at the #64 Corvette.
What happened to it?

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
Is there a Seppuku emoji? Because that's Gazoo tomorrow.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
I feel like I should be watching the #69 dash cam to avoid the LMP1 carnage. Just paint it like the grim reaper next year because it's stalking Aston and Ferrari like death.

Shumagorath fucked around with this message at 00:23 on Jun 18, 2017

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
If Toyota doesn't throw the GS050 out and start ground-up on Monday I'll have to wonder what's up with their program.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Wirth1000 posted:

The real question is will it take less time for Toyota's board to announce the shutting down of the LMP1 programme or will that actually take 24 hours?
At least take a year or two off to reinvent the program, and pray BKolles sticks around to keep the division open lol

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

harperdc posted:

are you kidding me, they didn't quit after last year, there's no way this is the reason they'll pull out. it's being run and funded by the engineers, not the marketing people, remember. They'll want to win this drat thing out of spite.
This is the most :japan: thing ever but I would expect nothing less from the firm that took a loss on every LFA.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

I watched the Amazon doc and I don't blame Nissan for walking away after seeing the idiot running their program
Safety car is out, don't stop the story there!

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

MrChips posted:

A GTE overall win would own so hard, as long as it isn't one of those stupid loving Porsche Caymans.

I mean, they're the automotive equivalent of a 7-year old kid pretending to be dad by wearing his suit jacket.
There's no stopping #69 Warboss Brickdikk Fordtuff

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
God that 911 RSR gunning it at the pit exit :swoon:

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
"SOMETHING IS BROKEN" coming from 2nd place #32 Rebellion over radio. Someone fed a bunch of Mogwais after Friday midnight local.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
I have the WEC stream muted with Radio Le Mans playing over top and they sync up great.

What would it take for Toyota #8 to make it back to the podium? #2 Porsche is already going to need less safety time in the last 12 than there was in the first 12.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
Chris Harris doing pit interviews :D Never mind it's a guy named Nick.

Shumagorath fucked around with this message at 04:28 on Jun 18, 2017

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
jesus christ I wake up to Jackie Chan beating Porsche

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
The #2 coming back to win is a pretty amazing story even if it is Porsche.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
Ahahaha that Corvette pit exit.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
The #8 just passed on the shoulder and might be going Super Saiyan.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
YOU SHALL NOT PASS

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
god that was some dirt at the chicane

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
That was the most thrilling racing I've seen and it's not even over.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
I thought for sure Aston was going to break down after jumping out to the early lead but that was honestly the greatest finish I've ever seen.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Halo14 posted:

Oh man that looks so sad limping over the line :(
That front wheel was completely locked. I still have a lot more respect for Corvette now; totally washes off the Z06 steering issues I heard about from Motortrend.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
Yeah that was pretty sweet. With four of them in the race I should fuckin' hope so haha

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
The WEC site won't even load now. Cyberattack or no their server ran worse than a TS050.

RLM is saying that contact blocking Aston is what eventually screwed Corvette?

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
How do you burn the clutch on something as sophisticated as an LMP1? Don't tell me those things actually have three pedals??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
I remember someone posting about Rebellion pounding on stuff with a hammer during stops and it's now really cool and still funny.

• Locked thread