Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
just drink burbon instead OP!

is fireball a type of burbon?

drink fireball OP!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comatoast
Aug 1, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Reddit is leaking.

Tony Montana
Aug 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
hence my post I think on page one - summarized as 'what is this stupid poo poo'

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
This forum has problems when you can't even ask a drat question

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Chad Kroger posted:

This forum has problems when you can't even ask a drat question

thats a statement! :downsa:

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008
It's not vodka.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Rhymenoserous posted:

It's not vodka.

Well, can you explain further please?

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene
Vodka can be made from anything, but it has to be distilled to at least 93% alcohol by volume (there is probably some give here across international lines -- plus the whole alcohol by weight vs volume can confuse nomenclature). It is then normally diluted down to a more palatable level of alcohol (usually around 40%).

Kahula is a coffee liqueur. A liqueur is a spirit that has added flavors and sweetener added at bottling time.

Even if Kahula's base spirit were vodka (it's not, it's a sugarcane spirit/rum) then it wouldn't be vodka by the time you got it. Likewise, Fireball is a cinnamon liqueur made from whiskey. I'm honestly not sure if the base spirit for Fireball meets the criteria for a Bourbon or not. A quick google shows that it uses Canadian whisky as a base.

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Chinatown posted:

just drink burbon instead OP!

is fireball a type of burbon?

drink fireball OP!

Let me tell you, fireball whisky is NOT a sandwich

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
- German schnapps are not a sandwich
- creme de cassis is not a sandwich
- grappa is not a sandwich

A sandwich is milled and yeasted grain with the filling inside of it, please PM me with any other questions about which alcohols are or are not sandwiches

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

drowned in pussy juice posted:

A sandwich is milled and yeasted grain with the filling inside of it, please PM me with any other questions about which alcohols are or are not sandwiches

what if you made a potato sandwich out of potato bread and potatoes and then aged it for a very long time

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I don't really know what a potato is but if it's a grain, then sure

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Wait, how do you pronounce it?

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

I don't really know what a potato is but if it's a grain, then sure

its sort of like a grain, but it lives underground and, under the right circumstances, it becomes vodka

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Yeah that sounds fine, not sure what the correct terminology is for an aged sandwich

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

im not sure either but i think that depends on just how aged it is

HookedOnChthonics
Dec 5, 2015

Profoundly dull

- German schnapps are not a sandwich
- creme de cassis is not a sandwich
- grappa is not a sandwich

Hey drowned in pussy juice I could really use your help with this one but don't have PM's, hopefully posting in the thread is O.K. :ohdear:

Is this a sandwich?

I also found this pic of some really tasty looking artisinal vodka--it's still pretty pulpy and granular so you can tell it was freshly-squeezed :)

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

HookedOnChthonics posted:

I also found this pic of some really tasty looking artisinal vodka--it's still pretty pulpy and granular so you can tell it was freshly-squeezed :)

see, this is why americans and brits don't have a good vodka tradition. we're an impatient people and always drink it like this, fresh out of the frier. if you had the patience to bury that in your yard for 10 years you'd have the Real Deal

Tony Montana
Aug 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Is this a sandwich?

That's not a.. gently caress

Tony Montana
Aug 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Some oval office tried to sell me this bottle of wine, all expensive like, but I told him I wasn't stupid! It's just grape juice!

Mr Enderby
Mar 28, 2015

Tony Montana posted:

Some oval office tried to sell me this bottle of wine, all expensive like, but I told him I wasn't stupid! It's just grape juice!

Do you remember when you thought OP was going to law school? It got kind of glossed over at the time, but I want to go back to it. Whenever you hear anyone say "I'm going to the bar" do you assume they are about to qualify as a barrister?

Mr Enderby fucked around with this message at 12:15 on Feb 7, 2017

Tony Montana
Aug 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Oh I remember just fine, Random Internet Dude.

I was stupid to assume highly of the OP, I have to remember that many, many people on these forums are loving losers.

I won't make the mistake again, don't worry.

So, Mr Enderby, with your baby regdate.. which do you think is stupider? Assume someone was going to law school when they said 'and you'll see when I go to the bar next year' or whatever that stupid gently caress said or being unable to understand, despite thousands of words and pages of explanation.. that Kahlua is not actually vodka?

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

Tony Montana posted:

I was stupid to assume highly of the OP, I have to remember that many, many people on these forums are loving losers.

So, Mr Enderby, with your baby regdate.. which do you think is stupider? Assume someone was going to law school when they said 'and you'll see when I go to the bar next year' or whatever that stupid gently caress said or being unable to understand, despite thousands of words and pages of explanation.. that Kahlua is not actually vodka?

Oh my god please stop

Tony Montana
Aug 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
You're right, I'd hate to bring this quality of this thread down

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Tony Montana posted:

First of all, the answers have proven to be mixed and inconclusive, with great points made on both sides and even some in the middle. Second of all, thinking someone is going to "the bar" in a thread about Kahlúa/vodka, means they're going to law school, is easily the most insane mistake you could possibly make. So, the former. Cheers.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
I tried some Kahlua a couple of weeks ago, and some Vodka over the weekend- they tasted really different, but I wouldn't rule out the possibility of Kahlua being a type of Vodka. It could be like how a B.L.T. and Phillycheese taste different, but that doesn't mean they aren't both sandwiches.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

Tony Montana posted:

So, Mr Enderby, with your baby regdate..

l m a o

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

Lumpy the Cook posted:

I tried some Kahlua a couple of weeks ago, and some Vodka over the weekend- they tasted really different, but I wouldn't rule out the possibility of Kahlua being a type of Vodka. It could be like how a B.L.T. and Phillycheese taste different, but that doesn't mean they aren't both sandwiches.

i had a patty melt yesterday, but i don't think it was vodka.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

PleasingFungus posted:

It's a metaphor. Sandwiches and Vodkas are obviously different.

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Lumpy the Cook posted:

It's a metaphor. Sandwiches and Vodkas are obviously different.

Get outta here with your big college words pal

Tony Montana
Aug 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Wormskull posted:

First of all, the answers have proven to be mixed and inconclusive, with great points made on both sides and even some in the middle. Second of all, thinking someone is going to "the bar" in a thread about Kahlúa/vodka, means they're going to law school, is easily the most insane mistake you could possibly make. So, the former. Cheers.

This is a person that has never had sex. You can just smell it coming off the screen

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Please stop making GBS threads up this thread mr Montana this is a serious forum and we don't take kindly to trolls here

Mr Enderby
Mar 28, 2015

PleasingFungus posted:

Did it have potatoes in it?

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

belay that order

Weavered
Jun 23, 2013

Wait, before we start sniffing monitors, was there ever any confirmation as to whether Black Baby Goku was about to become a lawyer?

I mean, who the gently caress waits till they're 21 before having a drink? What sort of lovely 3rd world country are you from where you have to save up 21 years to buy a drink OP?

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

When life gives you lemons, you clone those lemons, and make super lemons.

Dinosaur Gum
That wasn't worth necroing a thread from 3 months ago dude

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

but to answer the question black baby goku is indeed now a practicing lawyer

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Is this a sandwich?

This is a sandwich with extensive side effects and synergies.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there
WTF did you necro this for

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

I came to ask/tell looking for the hottest new content and it was a beautiful thread on the first page, what was I to do, who even reads post dates?

The world needs to know about this thread

• Locked thread