Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

ApplesandOranges posted:

I mean she's basically Laurent-level serious without it being fun. Instead of a straight man she's more of a wet blanket in her supports.

Nah she's good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I've decided my votes are gonna be

ATiki
Lilina
Ishtar
Atiki
Lilina
Ishtar
Nah

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

My votes will be alternating Lachesis and Canas.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Lachesis does deserve a second chance maybe I'll vote for her over Nah

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

Lachesis or L’Arachel... hmmmm

facepalmolive
Jan 29, 2009
I'm gonna vote for the earlygame hero of my Conquest run, Haitaka.

In all seriousness, I haven't really played any of the games. And of the ones I've tried partway, I liked all of the characters just fine in their own ways, but beep boop I'm a robot and I don't really have any stand out favorites.

So I'll probably just vote for whoever looks coolest without knowing anything about their characters. Like uh, Caineghis, or any of the Sacaen dudes (because Mongols :swoon:). I really like Lyn's and Micaiah's designs but they'll have no shortage of votes. I used to like Azura's design as well, but 2/3 of the way into Conquest and my disdain for her is nearing a tipping point.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
Awakening Anna
Awakening Anna
ATiki
Awakening Anna
Awakening Anna
ATiki

I don't want to spread my Anna votes too thin, so best Anna gets the vote.

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

L'Arachel is tempting, because I think she'll be on the Sacred Stones banner but almost certainly just as a healer, and I'd love her as a horse mage too.

But I think I'm going all in on Brave Lachesis, with a couple votes thrown Canas's way.

Also: a reminder that the arena quests have normal/hard/lunatic levels, so make sure you complete them all!

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Roger Explosion posted:

Awakening Anna
Awakening Anna
ATiki
Awakening Anna
Awakening Anna
ATiki

I don't want to spread my Anna votes too thin, so best Anna gets the vote.

You get seven votes

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit
slam voting my boyo canas

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I thought you'd be all in on brave Florina

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit
brave anna should get a skill that gives you +1 special charge and the enemy -1 special charge at the beginning or end of combat that would be tight (because she steals it get it)

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit

cheetah7071 posted:

I thought you'd be all in on brave Florina

florina is already god tier actually so there is no need

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
So is tiki but that isn't stopping me

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit
my actual list will look like:

lyn (if available)
florina
farina
canas
panne
kjelle
anna

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

I hope they give us free orbs for lying to us about when the poll would go up

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Nah's romantic supports are bad because she's either canon single forever if you're M!Robin or dating your son if you're F!Robin.

Shinji117
Jul 14, 2013
Probably going MRob, FMorgan alternating.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
I think the NahxYarne romance is okay. Also I wanna see what a taguel-manakete looks like.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

ApplesandOranges posted:

I think the NahxYarne romance is okay. Also I wanna see what a taguel-manakete looks like.

Searching "bunny dragon" gave me some cool results:

And some terrible ones:

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

cheetah7071 posted:

And some terrible ones:

Knowing Yarne, the second one’s more likely.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.
All instances of Lucina, Ike, Roy, and Lyn have been removed from the CYL voting pool :toot:

Emalde fucked around with this message at 06:38 on Jan 21, 2018

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

Emalde posted:

All instances of Lucina, Ike, Roy, and Lyn have been removed from the CYL voting pool :toot:

Yay!!! Truly the beginning of a new era!

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit

cheetah7071 posted:

And some terrible ones:

these are both good

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Emalde posted:

Where are you getting this? Is the website up?

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
I hope y'all are ready for Brave Tharja and Camilla then.

I'm hoping Celica actually has a fighting chance now though since the CYL poll was made before Valentia. Mae too since her current incarnation doesn't do her justice, but I doubt she'll get there.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
If the trend of dressing like parents continues, it'll be Garon Camilla which will be good actually

It's been said before but Camilla manages to look way better in everything other than her default outfit

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

cheetah7071 posted:

Where are you getting this? Is the website up?

If you take any of the image URLs for people from the last CYL, you can swap a number in the URL to see their pointer for this upcoming one. The ones for the previous winners are absent.

EG:

https://support-cdn.fire-emblem-heroes.com/campaigns/vote/images/faces/110006.png Ike from the first CYL campaign
https://support-cdn.fire-emblem-heroes.com/campaigns/vote2/images/faces/110006.png What should be the image resource for him in this second campaign, but it has been nulled out.

The same holds true for the examples of Roy, Lyn, Masked Marth and Lucina. However, for say, Camilla:

https://support-cdn.fire-emblem-heroes.com/campaigns/vote/images/faces/112033.png pointer for CYL1
https://support-cdn.fire-emblem-heroes.com/campaigns/vote2/images/faces/112033.png poiner for CYL2, still valid

Emalde fucked around with this message at 07:00 on Jan 21, 2018

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Well poo poo this could be interesting

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
I can still vote for bara Ike, right?

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Tired Moritz posted:

I can still vote for bara Ike, right?

Introducing the new winners of the choose your legends (2018 edition)
Radiant Dawn Ike
Blazing Blade Roy
Masked Marth

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit
masked marth would actually be tight so

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Reinhardt and Nino might get a surge in popularity, but otherwise I don't see that many options to dethrone Hector or the Fateswakening guys/girls aside from maybe Ephraim/Eirikia/Alm/Celica. Marth might get a boost, maybe Caeda since she was in Warriors.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
Too bad Seth isnt that popular. I would do anything for him to not have lovely art.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I'm excited to see where my Valentia friends end up. Also, for all the fools who forgot to vote for L'Arachel to realise their folly and for her to win as she always should have.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

:wtc:

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
I'm just going to vote for Eirika 7 times because that's basically the only vote that might even potentially affect who becomes a Brave Unit.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is
on an unrelated note, can i give a big shout out to all the people out there who make units who walk into an unmerged hector and instantly die doing no damage?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

that would be a concern if hector was anywhere near as relevant as he used to be

he isn't