Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«1324 »
AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

HAIKOOLIGAN

i feel like there has to be some dumb shield pulse/heavy blade miracle build out there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

He will know I am near when he hears the screams of my enemies.

I feel like the Brazen skills would work better if you can work in other sources of special acceleration like Quickened Pulse/Infantry Pulse/Slaying. +7 ATK/SPD is pretty nice.

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012
Hello I am a person doing a thing via buttons. It's amazing what electronic singnals traveling through space can accomplish.

Makes ya think.

Purple m&ms are the best.

it seems that everyone is catching up to me on the 'refined falchion should have dragonbreaker' train

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

ungulateman posted:

it seems that everyone is catching up to me on the 'refined falchion should have dragonbreaker' train

Falchion needs four different refinements, but dragonbreaker cannot be allowed to exist until they release a second weapon type for dragons.

To give you an analogy, would anyone be OK with

B Skill Horsebreaker: If unit's HP ≥ 50% in combat against an cavalry user, unit can counterattack regardless of distance to foe; and unit makes a follow-up attack; and the foe cannot.

even at the worst period of horse emblem dominance?

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

ungulateman posted:

Dragonbreaker would only be good against FCorrin, who is probably the least common dragon and might beat some of them anyway

Well, I guess it would also be good for Chrom

E: speaking of dragons, this was some bullshit

Elyv fucked around with this message at Jan 22, 2018 around 03:00

AzureSkye
Mar 4, 2010

Voting is open

https://events.fire-emblem-heroes.com/vote2

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

It's different because dragons aren't a complete movement type spanning multiple weapon types. They manage to benefit from Infantry-only skills, and they're the only weapon type without a -breaker. They even get to dodge a lot of skills like Sacae's Blessing.

big trivia FAIL
May 9, 2003
I got a girl, she won't be true, no, no.

ApplesandOranges posted:

I can't think of many situations where you'd desperately want a +ATK refine. Maybe if you're either a speed demon like Lon'qu so you don't need the speed, or you're a tank that doesn't need more DEF (like Shield Pulse shenanigans) so you want more ATK to maximize counter damage.

It'd be someone like Rein where every point to attack is critical to his meta

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

HAIKOOLIGAN

ApplesandOranges posted:

I feel like the Brazen skills would work better if you can work in other sources of special acceleration like Quickened Pulse/Infantry Pulse/Slaying. +7 ATK/SPD is pretty nice.

i tried brazen atk/spd and wrath on lyn and decided i didnt like it as much as l&d. granted the spd isn't useful when you're already in the own zone because of brash katti but being able to mess up someone's day on the initial engage is too much to give up.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

I call the darkness unto me from deepest depths of Earth and sea. From ancient evils unawoken, break the one that can't be broken. To blackest night, I pledge my soul and crush my heart to burning coal. To summon forth a deathly power, to see my hated foe devoured.

https://twitter.com/Senerioh/status/955278446355271680

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.

Remember as you vote: Julius is Coolius.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

I call the darkness unto me from deepest depths of Earth and sea. From ancient evils unawoken, break the one that can't be broken. To blackest night, I pledge my soul and crush my heart to burning coal. To summon forth a deathly power, to see my hated foe devoured.

Vote Tibarn for Laguz rights.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

"Your toy soldiers are not pigmented to my scrupulous standards. As a result, you are not worthy of my time. Good day sir"

I'm not voting for the boss! Where's the regular brigand!!

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Washout posted:

I'm not voting for the boss! Where's the regular brigand!!
gonzales?

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

HAIKOOLIGAN

picked my boyo canas

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

Senerio posted:

Vote Tibarn for Laguz rights.

Voted Lethe for cooler Laguz rights

E: maybe I shouldíve sacrificed pride to help ensure beasts in FEH.

FartingBedpost fucked around with this message at Jan 22, 2018 around 03:44

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

ApplesandOranges posted:

I can't think of many situations where you'd desperately want a +ATK refine. Maybe if you're either a speed demon like Lon'qu so you don't need the speed, or you're a tank that doesn't need more DEF (like Shield Pulse shenanigans) so you want more ATK to maximize counter damage.

Gonna have to figure it out for Saber once I get him enough SP to refine. He's so middle-ground in everything it's hard to pinpoint his best attribute to raise.

Not desperately, but there are times where any other boost is almost useless. Fir getting +3 spd isnít going to be as useful as +2 atk for instance.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

I'll fight... I will!

Voted for tiki

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

HAIKOOLIGAN

i have considered giving my lyn atk katti, i will test this eventually someday. brash is sick in that it ignores breakers but +spd lyn is so daggum fast already that it might be better in practice to just go all out dmg

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Today on be the change:

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

HAIKOOLIGAN

ApplesandOranges posted:

Today on be the change:

blessed image

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

SgtSteel91 posted:

Hereís who Iím voting for:

Sumia
Volke
Wallace
Chrom
m!Robin
Camilla
Hector

I'm amending this list to:

m!Robin
m!Robin
m!Robin
Sumia
Volke
Wallace
Noire

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Citizen of Zada

golden bubble posted:

Falchion needs four different refinements, but dragonbreaker cannot be allowed to exist until they release a second weapon type for dragons.

To give you an analogy, would anyone be OK with

B Skill Horsebreaker: If unit's HP ≥ 50% in combat against an cavalry user, unit can counterattack regardless of distance to foe; and unit makes a follow-up attack; and the foe cannot.

even at the worst period of horse emblem dominance?

That's not what -breaker skills do. They grant/prevent doubles. Not so useful against dragons who aren't FCorrin, since most of them are slow anyway.

What Falchion would need for a refine is ignoring stat boosts on dragon or perhaps a Guard effect when fighting dragons?

Oh yeah and I picked L'Arachel, as promised.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Unless your unit has 50 spd itís too slow imo

(Even that isnít enough to double many fast things in my arena/aa without additional buff support)

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

HAIKOOLIGAN

Andrast posted:

Unless your unit has 50 spd itís too slow imo

(Even that isnít enough to double many fast things in my arena/aa without additional buff support)

i think my lyn has 47 with l&d? she's pretty zippy and someday when i pull the mythical +atk lyn i will swap my summoner support over and she will own dweebs directly in their skulls

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

True enemy or false friend?

gently caress nino

e: come to think of it would Brave Black Knight just use Greil's axe too

Servaetes fucked around with this message at Jan 22, 2018 around 04:26

«1324 »