Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.

cheetah7071 posted:

Some peon at google is manually clicking the "available for download" boxes for each region and United States alphabetizes to the bottom

if that were true, i, a canadian

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

True to all my play experience, Raven is the best unit on my team.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Yeah I stopped rerolling when i got 4 4-stars with a healer on a single roll, and it's been doing me quite nicely.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

boy are my arms tired posted:

Is there a tier list? I have not played a single FE game so I only recognize Roy/Marth from smash but I haven't done my pulls yet. I kind of want that book guy from smash 4 i think, he was cool

Also I, uh, accidentally linked my account before reading that I shouldn't have done that before rerolling. rip

The game's been out, like, under a day, there's no meaningful way to have a tier list. More stars = better but this seems like the base game is simple enough a monkey could play it.

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Is the only way to get orbs through story missions and the store? It's kinda a slow process to get them.

they want you to whale

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

I'll take it, though this means my only 5*s are Marth and Seliph (who is +defense -res). Sakura's the current-best healer, yeah? I like how Serra buffs speed and attack like crazy and her attack heals her, but physic is physic.

F!Corrin's worth using, too, right?

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

TheKingofSprings posted:

FCorrin is very worth using and is like a tanky stat bomb you throw into the crowd before the rest of your units hit the speed nerfed group.

Cool, I will replace Raven with her then, I like him but he is not pulling his weight, but prior to this draw he was my best option for upgrade when I hit my 20k.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Well I just got a second Seliph... should I just merge them? I only use the one because my five stars are him and Marth and I can't see running two to be a great idea.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Daemonlasher posted:

He's good for Arena score because of his high stat total but not much else :/. May aswell merge to increase your score.

Yeah... he's not awful for me but that's pretty much entirely because I don't have anything good. I'll merge. I think I can squeeze out another full draw on this banner before it leaves and I think I'll take a crack at it if for no other reason than that I do want Julia and frankly my current lineup is pretty dire. I like FE4 a lot. The new one doesn't much interest me.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

PlasticAutomaton posted:

Who picks these new heroes?

-Fairly Important NPC in FE4 who dies halfway through gen 1
-Major NPC from FE9, briefly playable in FE10.
-Two random FE5 characters, I don't even remember if they're playable.
-Random archer from FE6 included to complete an incest joke.
-A healer from FE4 who doesn't really do anything but be an incest joke.

I'm still processing that of all the PoR characters, it's not Ike as the first one. What the actual gently caress.

Olwen's pretty great in FE5.

and idc about any of you people, I want me Eldigan just so I can look at him, he's real pretty.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

ngl, the day we get Julius, and with these bonkers nonsensical banners it seems way more likely to happen in a timely fashion than my original assumption, which was, like, in a couple years, I will turn full whale.

I have never claimed to have good opinions about anything.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

the fact that Ishtar, who is objectively Good and Cool has such awful taste in men only suffuses me with a great sense of validation tbh

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

it's been seven years!

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

i could have misread cause i'm going by memory from the old translation, but i think he got handed the book and tossed julia seven years before their reuniting. could be he kept a lid on it for a while longer.

i need to finish this playthrough on the new translation.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

cheetah7071 posted:

The next banner will include Arvis and Deirdre

Would whale for that.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Tired Moritz posted:

What is a lanceritter

lance means lance, ritter means knight

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Clarste posted:

Is anyone here on Team Chrom and able to report on exactly how that match-up is going?

who gives a poo poo about chrom

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Hunt11 posted:

It is insane just how many orbs we are getting free right now.

I just wish we had a banner with characters I like, like the last couple, said the fan of villains from untranslated series entries and untranslated series entries in general.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Yeah, I really want to sink these 80 orbs into something but I am so thick with healers I am not tossing anything into this banner. And I don't much like the look of the next that we know about, sigh.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

I had Seliph with threaten attack facetank most of this map, with heavy healing and one dude baited with Eirika. This took... a lot of tries. Lunatic ain't happening.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

How long have we had this banner and literally nothing else? Ugh. I just want characters I like. :(

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Roger Explosion posted:

This is so loving stupid I can't even believe this poo poo what the gently caress why is there suddenly Google Play cards in my hands where did they come from

gently caress this is just too ridiculous to not sink my stack of orbs into

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

All right I've got a hundred and twenty orbs to burn, let's get flushing. :rolldice:

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

I got bunny chrom, who does seem to be the worst of the lot, but I did also get two four-star effies, one of whom is +atk (both are -hp, which, whatever) and a 5-star sheena, so maybe I can tackle these armour requirements.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Ah, geez, and he's the one who I wanted most. Bunny Chrom's skillset doesn't enthuse me at all is the thing. Is Xander's at least salvageable?

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Well, I feel justified sinking my orb stash into bunnies, at least, I don't care about any of those characters.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

How is -HP on Effie, anyway? I drew two and they both were deficient that way. (one was +atk and +res). How bad is a -hp?

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Mirthless posted:

You have to hit her for 27 damage to knock her out of her passive if she's +HP, or 24 damage if she's -HP. 25 or 26 if she's neutral? Not a huge difference but the 20s is the range a lot of casters are going to land in so it could be relevant?

Probably not a big deal for my purposes. I'll upgrade my +atk one then.

e: actually, does anyone know what happens if you upgrade merged characters? Do you lose the +es?

neongrey fucked around with this message at 00:46 on Mar 31, 2017

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

jesus christ i have like six three-star gwendolyns, stop this madness, gacha

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Got a +atk/-res bunny xander, which, I don't even care that he isn't very good, he is ridiculous therefore I wanted him, and that split seems just fine for him. :toot:

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Well, got a +atk -def bunny camilla, rounding out my spring set. :toot:

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

You can work them into the mulcher, pretty much.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Sure, I'll pull on the new banner, I said. I cleaned up on the last one, if cleaning up is the word for those foci, but hey, I wouldn't mind these dudes.

I did not get any of the focus characters.

I got Azura. -spd/+res, but bfd really

What's a skill good loadout for her?

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Tae posted:

Whos gonna be the celica banner

Her team is basically mages and mercs, can't use the whitewings again.

Other than the gimme of Celica, my guesses are Saber, Conrad (since they're clearly not above spoilers in these things), and one of Mae, Genny, or Boey. Definitely Saber though.

neongrey fucked around with this message at 21:39 on Apr 14, 2017

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

To start out with, yeah, you can do way worse.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

ahahahahahaha I got a +atk/-def hector

What's good to feed to him? He must grow big and strong. er. strongerer.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

okay, hector charged skill slot. Mine's +atk/-def. Just give him moonbow?

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Sophism posted:

Moonbow or Bonfire are probably the better ones for him, yeah.

Yeah, I'm just thinking Bonfire's not the right way to go with a -Def anything.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

oh lol well then. time to get into the mulcher, robinortiki.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Let's see, +speed/-def Ike. How is that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Hector and bunny camilla made this one a breeze.