Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I hope everyone remembered to vote for the true misunderstood hero of Fates

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Why does my lvl11 sophia have 30 attack

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Phyresis posted:

:smug:

Fire Emblem friend ID: 3149411092

Not enough orbs to get the last hero, you should reroll

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

sassassin posted:

Were the fates games any good? This is a pretty unsatisfying FE experience tbh.

Story/character-wise? No.

Gameplay-wise? Conquest is amazing and Birthright is slightly better than awakening.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

RobotsLoveSpectres posted:

How many defenses have you guys done in the arena so far?

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Katana Gomai posted:

That's about as much lore as an FE game needs tbh. All that waifu garbage they added in the recent games can gently caress right off imho

Fire emblem would be a dead series without the waifu garbage

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

jjef posted:

after my initial 5 pull, what should i spend my orbs on? i have 10 now. should i spend them on some more pulls?

Do you have a team you are happy with? If no, pull more. If yes, get the XP bonus castle upgrades.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Zotix posted:

A couple of things:

1) camilla is hot garbage. If you want her in this game, stop now. She's not good. And if she's your 'waifu' stop now because you'll be posting in 24h how the game is hard if she's your only 5*.

Camilla is in fact really good

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

How does balance usually work in these games? Like do developers nerf/buff over/underpowered stuff or will they just leave them be and release new things?

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Can't you just make a new nintendo account and use that for the game?

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

This game is absolutely determined not to give me a usable blue unit or a non-mage red unit.

Andrast fucked around with this message at 19:37 on Oct 3, 2017

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

hooman posted:

Level them to 40, work out which has the best stat spread (+Atk -Res maybe?) and then feed that one the other two.

I'd just like a single character that can deal with high resistance red units

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Nuebot posted:

I really hate this game's PVP. Last match of my win streak was ruined when the easiest match for me pit me against a guy with a team full of 5* units. Thanks game, thanks a lot.

Welcome to f2p games on phones

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Evil Fluffy posted:

That's basically any spear user. Nowi gets a -res aura so she's not terrible for it either I suppose.

I am aware. I just haven't gotten a single one. I do have three 5-star camillas though.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Saying that something is not worth bothering to invest in in a loving gacha game is really weird in the first place since it's not like people have much choice about what units they get unless they want to waste a ton of money.

Sure, I'd like to use Takumi and Hector but I don't have them so I'm going to use Camilla and Jeorge.

Andrast fucked around with this message at 20:40 on Feb 6, 2017

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I still don't have anyone that can take a hit from one of the strong red physical attackers. Handling them is getting pretty tricky since I have to either kill them before they get an attack off or sacrifice someone.

At least I'm getting pretty good at tricking the AI to do the things I want it to do.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Paul Zuvella posted:

I also wish I could just turn off all the anime in general because i don't like anime.

Why are you playing fire emblem games then?

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

A friend just got this start which is okay I guess

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Jeorge might be just a bargain-bin Takumi but man is he doing some serious work in my team

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

The game would be better with 5 units on each team

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I got a successful defense

:toot:

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Hey game, could you please stop giving me these summons with 4 green slots. I already have 3 5-star camillas, I'm done with green at the moment.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Roland Jones posted:

Give me that, I still have fewer blue and green characters together than I do white characters on their own and none of them are that good. Best blue I have is Effie, who is a beast but also slow, and best green... I don't even know.

I have no usable blue characters at all which is pretty lovely. I'm thinking about leveling the event Subaki to 4-star just to have someone in that slot but I'm pretty iffy about having two flyers on my team.

I also have no good red melee-range units, which is really weird considering how saturated the game is with them. I have tons of red mages though.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I hate how the spur skills don't work with Tharja's damage buff. She would be insanely good on my team if they did (instead of just really good)

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Mirthless posted:

stay out of arena until your characters are 35+ or just be ready to lose a lot

arena's full of whales, most of the characters you run into are going to be 5* and maxed out. You're probably running into Takumis that are 7 or more levels above your Robin.

You don't have to pick the hardest difficulty fight every time

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Tharja synergizes really well with an upgraded shareena. If Tharja starts a turn next to a 4* Shareena she gets +11 to attack for the turn with rally attack.

Andrast fucked around with this message at 21:36 on Feb 9, 2017

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Tired Moritz posted:

Narcian's map sucks. Chokepoint and I can't use Camilla to sweep because of that archer.

You can just use camilla to kill the archer

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Mierenneuker posted:

I never was able to position her in a position to kill the archer without retaliation until the very last turn.

You can do it immediately before you even aggro the enemy. The archer is in range of a flyer going over the mountains.

Camilla will take a few hits after but should be able to tank them.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Nuebot posted:

:negative: I just lost because one of my units countered, killed a guy and that let his unit walk up and murder a guy who had no health. Is there no way to stop your own counters?

Welcome to Fire emblem

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Well of course my Tharja ended up being -SPD +RES

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Stagger_Lee posted:

My Tiki/Gwen/Est/Merric team is pretty awful, though, and it's frustrating to even level those specific lance users past 30. I might just focusing on getting some of my better 2* and 3*s up to 4* and not worry that much about the lunatic quests for February.

Especially not interested in arena as I get closer to level cap. Kind of frustrating that feathers are tied to it, but I guess what do I really need to upgrade for if not that.

You really don't need a good team in the arena to earn feathers. Just pick the easy/medium fight and you'll do fine.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

akulanization posted:

I got to 4.1k with a team of Fae (4* level 32), Takumi (level 39), Serra (4* level 39), and Olivia (3* level 30+1). You don't need to have 4 maxed out dudes if you are willing to abuse mobility and positioning.

Takumi + A dancer probably helps a lot though

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Philip Rivers posted:

Someone is gonna make some stupid triple tank plus heal comp work and be impossible to top

Eh, those tanks tend to fold to mages really hard

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Spellman posted:

That's how I did it, but I don't have anyone beefy enough for Hard. And I can't sneak in with Camilla because the archers take her out. It's pretty hosed.

I just killed the archer with Camilla

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Leveling up characters is going to be really awful when the training tower discount ends

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Tae posted:

I don't see what she gains that's worth beyind 3 stars. She gets dance, 11 mt weapon, and +3 atk buff.

Well, 4/5* units have better stats so she would presumably be able to actually fight something once in a while at a better rank

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Roger Explosion posted:

Complete rear end for attack and sped growths, probably. I only occasionally saw the x4 actually come off. Peri's doing better as a replacement. She doubles everything and one of them almost always includes a Glimmer.

Christ, I must have pulled the runts of the Abel litter.

You really shouldn't worry about character performance until they are near 40 since the stats can wary a lot between units until max level. Your Abel just didn't get his attack/speed growths early.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I have to say that all these sword lords have been much less threatening once I got my 4* Abel

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

How many times should I reroll before I just give up and keep what I got

When you get something you are happy with

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

That list is missing a ton of good units and includes units that are probably not worth upgrading to 5* since they get most of their utility at lower levels already (or are just bad).

Andrast fucked around with this message at 20:00 on Feb 14, 2017