Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Adam is a wonderful example of how a player should go about his business in the NRL
The Warriors have announced that RTS will be captain with Mannering as his vice captain. Tohu Harris has signed for 2018. Ryan Hoffman is a certainty to be gone next year, and I'm fine with that.

PS: Great job as always with the OP, iajanus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Adam is a wonderful example of how a player should go about his business in the NRL

iajanus posted:

God drat why did I book the 6:10am flight to Auckland tomorrow

Cheap flights and more money for booze? If you're going to the Nines, think about sneaking your own drinks into Eden Park. It's pretty much a national sport here. Unless of course you like overpriced Heinekens or whatever they serve there these days.

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

MiniSune posted:

I think stadium food and drink is universally poo poo and overpriced irrespective of nation.

True that. I'm good at stating the loving obvious.

Here's the best recorded successful attempt at getting beer into Eden Park.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGo4_6QutIg

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Hayne just can't let go of his NFL dream.

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Puckish Rogue posted:

gently caress the cunts

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Time for an update on Jarryd Hayne's childhood dream:
1. Win a premiership with the Eels
2. Make it in the NFL
3. Win an Olympic gold metal with the Fijian sevens team
4. Win a premiership with the TItans
5. Play club rugby in France and hang out with Ben Barba

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Vagabundo posted:

He's a league player, for now. I won't be surprised if a French club with more money than sense like Racing or Toulon make a play for him though. Then he can achieve his life-long dream of riding the pine in a star-studded rugby union team in France!

You're selling him a bit short here. He's a flaky prick, but he's also incredibly talented. For all the poo poo we give him, he did incredibly well to get as far as he did in a very short time in the NFL.

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Any attempt to get Matai's money off the cap is laughable, his neck and shoulder were wrecked years ago.

If Parra is going to screw Watmough around, I hope he gets them back. They got a huge break when his salary came off the books, denying him his option (which he's contractually allowed to exercise) is just dirty.

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Foran's contract has been registered, he'll be allowed to play for us starting in week 3 :dance:

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

It also makes no sense for things like knock ons in the in goal area.

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

bowmore posted:

how hard is it not to be a fuckwit sometimes

LeaguePlayers.txt

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

He probably isn't hanging around for 2018, but it has been pointed out that he doesn't have a manager right now. He cut ties with his previous management team around the time he left Parramatta, and his deal with the Warriors was negotiated with assistance from his godfather. His godfather is a lawyer based in Auckland, but has made it clear that he is not Foran's manager.

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

How did Taylor get up and keep running after that hit?

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

God drat that ending owned.

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

The new big screen at Mt Smart is awesome.

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

MiniSune posted:

It seems normal service is resuming when playing newy.

It took about 30 minutes for us to wake up, but at least things are ticking over now.

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Ugly as gently caress but I'll take the two points. We're going to have to improve quickly though.

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

The RTS/Johnson combo was looking really good today. The big problems were taking forever to get into the game and losing the plot in the second half when Mannering left the field. I'm hoping it was a case of us playing to the level of the opposition.

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Smorgasbord posted:

Out of all the Tiger's highest paid players I'd say Farah was pretty disappointing tonight, didn't hear his name called all game.

But he didn't miss a tackle.

The Bunker are loving retards. The ref asks them to check the challenge on the tryscorer, so they spend forever confirming the turnover is fine and almost forget to look at what the referee asked them to check in the first place.

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Pesos or Yen?

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Resident Idiot posted:

That said, I think sacking Taylor was the right move and probably needed to happen in the off season.

Taylor had to go, but the timing is dumb. What have we learned in the past three weeks that we didn't already know at the end of last year? The only reason to have kept him for this long is to make it clear that Taylor won his little feud with Farah.

Fake edit:

Contra Duck posted:

rip jason, at least you didn't get punched in the face this time.

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

iajanus posted:

And whilst there's always the possibility of a career-ending injury, the odds are relatively low, and again make no real difference with a 5 or 10 year contract (there's no way in hell they wouldn't have put some sort of sunset clause in his contract for the eventuality of a career-ending injury so they wouldn't be paying $1mil per year). He'd be getting the same sort of payout the others got, whether directly or via the courts for lost earnings. It would help, but it shouldn't be the driving factor.

I'm pretty sure the players' union would object to anything like this. It's up to the clubs to get insurance to cover payments if a player is injured.

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

bowmore posted:

Tigers don't need no coach

Or maybe Jason Taylor is a clueless amateur.

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Auditore posted:

Entire Warriors pregame: Foran coming back will help us build a winning culture etc.

Seconds before kickoff: Foran has done a hammy!

God dammit.

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

This is turning into a giant loving disaster.

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Why are we still doing super hero uniforms? I thought that was last week.

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Ayshford is a loving joke. How is he in the team ahead of Lolohea? Carrying a standoff on the bench is pretty dumb too.

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Defending in the halves is definitely a poo poo job when you have second rowers running at you all day. But at the very least they need to be able to hold onto their guy until help arrives. If the centre or second rower has to babysit then there will be gaps elsewhere.

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Congratulations on getting Cleary. I guess when you can sign a guy who has put together a winning percentage of less than 50% over a decade with a number of talented rosters you've got to pounce.

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

With Cronk and Foran heading to Sydney the market is going to be interesting. Plus Jeynolds and Brooks (lol) and Moses (lol) are available too.

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

iajanus posted:

And next is getting some loving forwards so our backs can actually have some room to play behind, we have no space at the moment.

Wasn't the previous excuse that Farah was holding on to the ball for too long?

(I know that Taylor was shitcanned for his bullshit, but I still like calling him out on it.)

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

iajanus posted:

I for one would tell him he's loving playing for us until we get a replacement.

Yep. Unless the Eels offer cash to the Tigers for an early release, they can wait.

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Saul Goode posted:

Hopefully he's got some kind of get-out clause following Taylor's dismissal.

I'd be worried about the mental state of any player that requested such a clause with Taylor as their head coach.

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

I thought that was a try. Rough call.

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Well done, Bunker! :downsbravo:

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

iajanus posted:

what did they gently caress up this time

Widdop scored a try because on the first play the ball after a kick there was no dummy half in sight, so he cruised around from marker, picked the ball up and scored. On replay it was clear that the dummy half was supposed to be DCE, who wasn't there because Nightingale had pushed him out of the way. The referee sent it up to the Bunker, who decided that Widdop was onside and didn't bother checking the obvious intereference by Nightingale.

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

What the gently caress is going on?

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

gently caress I hope we make the most of the one year we have with Foran.

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

iajanus posted:

I cannot understand the tactics the eels have used this half - kicking for touch every set with no attempt at scoring points. Not sure how you'll win games doing that.

That made no loving sense to me. They were two tries down with less than 20 minutes to go, and their last tackle option was to repeatedly kick the ball into touch and walk to the scrum.

It's always good to get the win, but it's hard to gauge how well you're going when the opposition didn't really show up on the day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

He's probably better value than Moses, and he might be a useful mentor to have for Brooks.

I'm still finding the idea of the Tigers releasing Moses midseason to be a bit off.

• Locked thread