Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yapping Eevee
Nov 12, 2011

STAND TOGETHER.
FIGHT WITH HONOR.
RESTORE BALANCE.

Eevees play for free.
Oof, turning off minigame explanations is rough. Wonder how long that'll last. :v:

This is gonna be fun. :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yapping Eevee
Nov 12, 2011

STAND TOGETHER.
FIGHT WITH HONOR.
RESTORE BALANCE.

Eevees play for free.
I'm so glad this thread is still going strong. :allears: There's going to be some fun times on the bonus boards, if I remember them correctly.

In the meantime, I found something relevant to this thread. An interesting take on the Yoshi's Tropical Island music. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4Al6jQXa_4

Yapping Eevee
Nov 12, 2011

STAND TOGETHER.
FIGHT WITH HONOR.
RESTORE BALANCE.

Eevees play for free.

Warmal posted:

We've had complaints in another thread about us talking too much about ourselves
I'm sure whoever complained can find a commentary-less Mario Party video if they're so offended by hearing about other people's lives. :jerkbag: You two have good chemistry and personality (you'd hope a married couple would); I'd say don't change a thing.

Yapping Eevee fucked around with this message at 14:34 on Apr 19, 2017

Yapping Eevee
Nov 12, 2011

STAND TOGETHER.
FIGHT WITH HONOR.
RESTORE BALANCE.

Eevees play for free.
I'd argue that Mario Party 2 is the best of the early ones by miles. :v: Also I may or may not have music links planned for when you get to that game.

Yapping Eevee
Nov 12, 2011

STAND TOGETHER.
FIGHT WITH HONOR.
RESTORE BALANCE.

Eevees play for free.

get that OUT of my face posted:

still a heaping helping of bullshit.
I'd argue that it's actually the best one! :eng101:

Yapping Eevee
Nov 12, 2011

STAND TOGETHER.
FIGHT WITH HONOR.
RESTORE BALANCE.

Eevees play for free.
And I'm looking forward to posting SiIvaGunner versions of Mario Party 2 music. :v:

Yapping Eevee
Nov 12, 2011

STAND TOGETHER.
FIGHT WITH HONOR.
RESTORE BALANCE.

Eevees play for free.
Hmm... I think I'm gonna vote for Mario.

The Koopa Bank is the worst. :cripes: That's part of why I like Bowser Land the most. Honeycomb Havoc is always fun though.

Also because I said I would, have SiIvaGunner's take on "In the Pipe". No prizes for guessing where that one plays. :v: The Mario franchise as a whole isn't all that creative with musical track titles...

Yapping Eevee
Nov 12, 2011

STAND TOGETHER.
FIGHT WITH HONOR.
RESTORE BALANCE.

Eevees play for free.
I'm guessing Wario this time, because Hard computers are indeed bullshit.

SiIvaGunner's take on the Western Land theme is, uh... a bit of a blast from the past. The joke is Chai Kingdom from Super Mario Land.

Yapping Eevee
Nov 12, 2011

STAND TOGETHER.
FIGHT WITH HONOR.
RESTORE BALANCE.

Eevees play for free.
Calli gets my vote for the best two out of three.

And yeah, this hardship is somewhat self-inflicted. :v: It's still been great fun to watch though!

Yapping Eevee
Nov 12, 2011

STAND TOGETHER.
FIGHT WITH HONOR.
RESTORE BALANCE.

Eevees play for free.

Felinoid posted:

How is there even a Mario Party 3? I mean, I'm glad that they continued and fixed problems, but drat does this look like a series killer.
MP2 is a lot better than this is making it look, I swear. :saddowns:

Yapping Eevee
Nov 12, 2011

STAND TOGETHER.
FIGHT WITH HONOR.
RESTORE BALANCE.

Eevees play for free.

Warmal posted:

So now we start our first Bonus episode with Mini-Game Stadium
Ah, I see that this isn't the only boardgame you two know of. :allears: 100%OJ is basically the ultimate RNG experience. (And the soundtrack's really good.)

Yapping Eevee
Nov 12, 2011

STAND TOGETHER.
FIGHT WITH HONOR.
RESTORE BALANCE.

Eevees play for free.
My vote's going to Wario. RIP Michael :allears:

SiIvaGunner's take on Space Land shouldn't be too hard to figure out. Buoy Base Galaxy.

Yapping Eevee
Nov 12, 2011

STAND TOGETHER.
FIGHT WITH HONOR.
RESTORE BALANCE.

Eevees play for free.

Warmal posted:

Well, we've fully recorded the rest of Mario Party 2. I have to say, these next few weeks are going to be really exciting.
:getin: I hope the CPU changes helped.

Yapping Eevee
Nov 12, 2011

STAND TOGETHER.
FIGHT WITH HONOR.
RESTORE BALANCE.

Eevees play for free.
Gonna vote for Calli this time. I'm excited to see how the rest of MP2 goes. :allears:

Since there's no Mystery Land HQ Rip, I'm gonna go ahead and link something different. Here's This Way That, one of the minigame music tracks. (Here's the original too.) And since today's Mystery Land, I won't explain the joke... not that it's a very hard one to get. :v:

Edit: All the positive energy this time was just :3:.

Yapping Eevee fucked around with this message at 14:42 on Aug 2, 2017

Yapping Eevee
Nov 12, 2011

STAND TOGETHER.
FIGHT WITH HONOR.
RESTORE BALANCE.

Eevees play for free.
Since we're sort of retreading older ground here, have a tune from last game. (Also so I don't run out of music to link. :v:) Yoshi's Tropical Island manages to make a good base for Take On Me.

Yapping Eevee
Nov 12, 2011

STAND TOGETHER.
FIGHT WITH HONOR.
RESTORE BALANCE.

Eevees play for free.

Warmal posted:

It really really does. Like. It couldn't have given us a worse mini-game if it tried. We are zero wins on that across the board. At least on other ones we would have had a chance. But nope. Nipped us right in the bud.

These are good wholesome posts that give me some really nice listening music.
It was basically the perfect roadblock, and just a couple of minigames in. Like Glazius said, it's almost like it was put there out of spite.

And I'm glad this bit is entertaining at least one person.

Yapping Eevee
Nov 12, 2011

STAND TOGETHER.
FIGHT WITH HONOR.
RESTORE BALANCE.

Eevees play for free.
Hmm... Yeah, gonna go with Mario this time.

Today's high quality rip may be recognizable if you like indie platformers. "Both Eyes Open" from Shovel Knight: Specter of Torment. With a bit of Kass' Theme from LoZ:BotW at the end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yapping Eevee
Nov 12, 2011

STAND TOGETHER.
FIGHT WITH HONOR.
RESTORE BALANCE.

Eevees play for free.
Ah, my personal favourite board. Good times. :allears: Gonna go with Michael today.

For the final SiIvaGunner MP2 tune, we have the simply-titled 'Bowser Appears'. It's World Bowser from 3D World.

• Locked thread