Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Ah, Mario Party 1, the game that gave you palm blisters and gave rise to gamer gloves.

Also, Mini-Game island was loving awesome and I remember beating that as a kid after months of attempts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Bowser is a parent, and therefore must crash the party.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Tiggum posted:

My experience with these games is very occasionally being at someone's house where it's suggested that we play, and having no idea what to do or what was going on. I thought the idea was that it's supposed to be a sort of party game where you can just pick it up and everyone can have fun, but my experience is that actually what happens is the owner of the game just wins everything all the time forever and no one else has any fun.

So, what is the idea behind these games? I watched the video and I don't get it. You've both played before and you seem to be losing. Are these actually really hard games and the apparent tone and setting are just to trick the unwary? Who are these games for?

Not everyone is super good at video games and can do super well even on emulated versions of a game that may not be using original controls.

If you had someone host a MP and just win everything, that's a lovely host. Otherwise, yeah, most Mario Party mini-games are fairly easy to pick up and play. That being said, also being really good won't change much when you have luck, RNG, and varying levels of skill against you. You might be very good, for example, but it won't help you fight off 3 opponents while cannonballs rain down from the sky and you're trying desperately to not get hit.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
There's an easy rule for playing with a auper good player. Every time he wins a minigame he takes a shot. Game'll get a lot more even after that!

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
So that's the first thrown controller, correct?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Its just minigame island, I say one vid! (Maybe cut excessive retries?)

• Locked thread