Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a fragile ego

When i get down what always picks me up is having a spiritual experience... something outside of my own body

So where should i go to get the right mindset guys? Atm ive already had one under a water fall and another while staring at the inside of my fridge, where do yall have your epiphanies?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

byob historian

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!
sitting and looking at the wall OP

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Lay down in a darkened, quiet room- soft music is fine, or nature sounds. Close your eyes and visualize yourself laying down, from outside yourself. Now visualize yourself floating up, above your room, above your house, above your street, higher, higher... you are above your town, still higher, up, up, up....

You are above your nation, above the clouds, you can make out the continent you live on, and now the curvature of space is abundantly clear, the Moon is below you, on past the Sun... still higher, outside the solar system, now you can see the Alpha Centauri star system, and soon our own Sun blends in with the others, all background stars now. On out past the Milky Way galaxy, Andromeda swoons into view and then past, on we still go, out past all the stars and galaxies, all the intergalactic dust is all gone and then, it's just you- looking at the universe.

For a moment you are a God...

Until it is time to return.

Pot Smoke Phoenix fucked around with this message at 23:28 on Jan 27, 2017

https://i.imgur.com/QKTkerO.mp4
Sig elements by Manifisto and Heather Papps
Sig File protected by SigLock. do NOT steal this sig!

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
usually while sitting on a toilet after several beers

Manifisto

walking/hiking can be good, if you fall into a rhythm it can be very meditative, just try to pull yourself out of it every so often to focus on where you are and admire the view if there is one to admire

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

Manifisto posted:

walking/hiking can be good, if you fall into a rhythm it can be very meditative, just try to pull yourself out of it every so often to focus on where you are and admire the view if there is one to admire

seconding this, also paddling (canoe/kayak) getting into a rhythm and getting through aches and cramps to achieve something/get to a destination

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

have you tried using suspension of disbelief in real life, op?

Cubone

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
you can borrow this one I got from superman if you want:

this will help
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rk_sAHh9s08

Robot Made of Meat

Dogs.

I can't give you any advice beyond dogs. They're the best.

Dogs.

Thanks to Manifisto for the sig!

Djeser

it's crow time again

if you want a spritual epiphany i suggest something like this tutorial

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Mariana Horchata

careful dont hurt urself

Farecoal

There he go
i just buy all my epiphanies op

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

there needs to be an online service that offers a variety of epiphanies, kind of like netflix

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
"Be the epiphany you want to have" -Siddhartha Gautama at a Nirvana concert

https://i.imgur.com/QKTkerO.mp4
Sig elements by Manifisto and Heather Papps
Sig File protected by SigLock. do NOT steal this sig!

Robot Made of Meat

I just buy epinephrine in handy tablet form.

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

A friend of mine died briefly, and when she came back, she had a renewed spirituality. I'd suggest this, but I can see it going very, very wrong

Ultra Spoot

Splatmaster posted:

Lay down in a darkened, quiet room- soft music is fine, or nature sounds. Close your eyes and visualize yourself laying down, from outside yourself. Now visualize yourself floating up, above your room, above your house, above your street, higher, higher... you are above your town, still higher, up, up, up....

You are above your nation, above the clouds, you can make out the continent you live on, and now the curvature of space is abundantly clear, the Moon is below you, on past the Sun... still higher, outside the solar system, now you can see the Alpha Centauri star system, and soon our own Sun blends in with the others, all background stars now. On out past the Milky Way galaxy, Andromeda swoons into view and then past, on we still go, out past all the stars and galaxies, all the intergalactic dust is all gone and then, it's just you- looking at the universe.

For a moment you are a God...

Until it is time to return.

I tried this but now I'm just spiraling uncontrollably out into the darkness. Can someone who's seen Sinister please come grab me? I'm pretty sure you're an expert on this if you've seen Sinister

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

Ultra Spoot posted:

I tried this but now I'm just spiraling uncontrollably out into the darkness. Can someone who's seen Sinister please come grab me? I'm pretty sure you're an expert on this if you've seen Sinister

oops. you went the other way and became an existentialist

Ultra Spoot

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN posted:

oops. you went the other way and became an existentialist

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooo... wait that doesn't sound so bad. *continues to spiral out of control into the abyss* Hm, I could get used to this. *is surrounded by an endless uncaring, unknowable void of nothingness* I think I'll meditate now.

Kthulhu5000

by R. Guyovich
git high or git stuck in traffic. both are good for being hit with sudden deep thoughts in my book.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Ominous Jazz

Big D is chillin' over here
Wasteland style
Do cool drugs and talk it out

a fragile ego

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN posted:

A friend of mine died briefly, and when she came back, she had a renewed spirituality. I'd suggest this, but I can see it going very, very wrong

This interests me a lot! The idea of temporary death definitely fascinates me in the sense of experiencing the other side , but it poses a lot of danger to a person.

In the future do you think that temporary death will be a more mainstream act? Maybe you can be sold epiphanies through temporary death whenever the technology reaches commercial business

buff goat man

spiritual epiphanies can be granted by any spiritual tiffanys you encounter in the wild

FactsAreUseless

Try relaxing your grip a little.

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

Father posted:

This interests me a lot! The idea of temporary death definitely fascinates me in the sense of experiencing the other side , but it poses a lot of danger to a person.

In the future do you think that temporary death will be a more mainstream act? Maybe you can be sold epiphanies through temporary death whenever the technology reaches commercial business

:smoobles:

Manifisto

Father posted:

wikipedia posted:

On October 5, 2015, a remake starring Ellen Page and Diego Luna was announced,[13][14] following the casting of Nina Dobrev, James Norton and Kiersey Clemons. Kiefer Sutherland will return for the remake. Sutherland later disclosed that he was reprising his role from the original film, revealing that the new film would actually be a sequel rather than a remake.[15] Sony has announced a tentative August 18, 2017, release date for the sequel.

:aaa:

Commie NedFlanders

simple vipassana meditation

https://www.lionsroar.com/how-to-practice-vipassana-insight-meditation/

i don't use any of the "labels" , i try to not exert any additional mental volition whatsoever, so if my mind gets distracted for a moment i just redirect it as soon as i become aware of it.

☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭
Love God, Love Thy Neighbor
☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭

Commie NedFlanders

FactsAreUseless posted:

Try relaxing your grip a little.

basically this

☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭
☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭

Commie NedFlanders

Father posted:

ego-death achieved through psychedelic or dissociative drugs is a safer way to achieve this, although it's still risky and can cause psychological trauma

☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭
☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭

Rockman Reserve

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

can you still get horribly powerful salvia extracts from skeezy headshops because try that OP

joke_explainer

Father posted:

Temporary death is already a mainstream act. We do it every night when we mentally disappear after falling asleep and for huge chunks of sleep cycle we're indistinguishable from just a mindless respirating pile of meat.

poverty goat

just get lost in the desert for a few days. it worked for zoroaster

Manifisto

poverty goat posted:

just get lost in the desert for a few days. it worked for zoroaster

and carlos castaneda!

well, there might have been some* peyote involved too

and a shaman, apparently you need a shaman

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

Manifisto posted:

and carlos castaneda!

well, there might have been some* peyote involved too

and a shaman, apparently you need a shaman

reminder that when carlos castaneda did his peyote trip with the yaqui elders he spent most of his time peeing on, and being peed on by, a dog

social vegan

*realizes he can make the farts sounds with just his hands independent of armpits or backs of knees*

Rockman Reserve

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

do the LBRP several times while listening to Kansa's Carry On My Wayward Son backwards on repeat in a room lit by 27 burgundy candles on the spring equinox, OP, works every time

Manifisto

Luvcow posted:

reminder that when carlos castaneda did his peyote trip with the yaqui elders he spent most of his time peeing on, and being peed on by, a dog

*rover sees his human taking something out of his "special" drawer, lets out a tiny whimper*

nobodygetshurt

I hear Burning Man is the place to go for spiritual epiphanies among other things.

Other things include STD's.

Robot Made of Meat

I'm pretty sure that "trying" and "epiphany" aren't exactly sympatico.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senior Management

think outside the bun

:jerry:

• Locked thread