Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pram
Jun 10, 2001
'but my podcasts' ... the baleful moan yr making right now. guess what else dipshit: podcasts are dumb too. get hosed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

pram posted:

'but my podcasts' ... the baleful moan yr making right now. guess what else dipshit: podcasts are dumb too. get hosed

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast

pram posted:

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
someyhing something dark side of the schwartz

Alzabo
Oct 23, 2002

You watched it, you can't unwatch it.
lol if you even look at "content" without an RSS reader.

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

rip google reader

MeruFM
Jul 27, 2010
rss can't live in an ad driven world

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off
i use rss every day, OP.

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
You know he's the villain, because he's got shifty eyes.
yeah rss was bad but what we have now is even worse

Symbolic Butt
Mar 22, 2009

(_!_)
Buglord
gently caress you pram

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

i didnt know the wrong opinions thread was making new threads now

Alzabo posted:

lol if you even look at "content" without an RSS reader.

emoji
Jun 4, 2004
I've never once used RSS or listened to a podcast because they're completely unnecessary vehicles for garbage content no one ever needed or wanted.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

emoji posted:

I've never once used RSS or listened to a podcast because they're completely unnecessary vehicles for garbage content no one ever needed or wanted.

same as heck

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

I think it stood for Really Stupid poo poo

Apr 7, 2003

*very internet voice* i consume only the most carefully curated content

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

rss is good, the web is terrible and just subscribing to the small handfull of passable stuff which updates once in a blue moon lets me not bother with it more than once a month

just need a secretary who justs prints my rss feeds at the end of the month and i could get rid of my internet alltogether

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

a good idea executed poorly, then ads came, then someone made it good and then they stopped

internet

Apr 7, 2003

flakeloaf posted:

a good idea executed poorly, then ads came, then someone made it good and then they stopped

internet

Ads started showing up on the web about ten minutes after wide public availability.

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Citizen Tayne posted:

Ads started showing up on the web about ten minutes after wide public availability.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

mild take: rss is ok but could be better with a few tweaks

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

agreed :pram:

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

oh, my, god. Becky, look at her bitrate.
rss owns

podcasts are poo poo

tmesis
Jan 18, 2007

sup holmes
Megamarm
rss is good so long as i don't have to explain to anyone what it is any more

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

now i know when all my webcomics update!

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

I don't get rss

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
i tried using hyahoo pipes once and holy moly how did any company release something so clunky to the public

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde

Bloody posted:

I don't get rss
i don't even have a web browser

pram
Jun 10, 2001

WRONG

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe

Gazpacho posted:

i tried using hyahoo pipes once and holy moly how did any company release something so clunky to the public

i knew a dude that was really into pipes for data aggregation and mining :S

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

I haven't really thought about RSS since cremnob left

Apr 7, 2003

Bloody posted:

I don't get rss

You get all your blog updates and poo poo sent to a central location, what's not to get about that

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

I understand what it's for I just dunno anything about the underlying technology and I've never bothered to look

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
google now on anroid tries so desperately to be an intelligent rss by blowing stuff it thinks will interest me into my app and notification tray, but 90% of the time it just ruins my day with headlines about queers being murdered or the government being bad

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

rss is good but thanks to Trumps America there's a bunch of feeds that just say "click here to go to our website and view the ads" instead of actual content in the rss feed

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

LeftistMuslimObama posted:

google now on anroid tries so desperately to be an intelligent rss by blowing stuff it thinks will interest me into my app and notification tray, but 90% of the time it just ruins my day with headlines about queers being murdered or the government being bad

i googled baseball once and now it shows me everything about baseball and if i want to disable it i have to individually deselect every baseball team and it asks you if you are sure every time

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Cat Face Joe posted:

now i know when all my webcomics update!

ronnie :allears:

Citizen Tayne posted:

You get all your blog updates and poo poo sent to a central location, what's not to get about that

tbh this is the best part about it but it also gave me my first grumpy computermans technology (then trackball mice because i like grumbling about peripherals)

a good rss client basically turns it into an inbox and then you can avoid all the crap that pours out of most things like a sensible person

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

hifi posted:

i googled baseball once and now it shows me everything about baseball and if i want to disable it i have to individually deselect every baseball team and it asks you if you are sure every time

because i have a normal human life i set baseball games to record so i can start watching them around 8pm and fast forward through commercials, pitching changes, and other dead time. google keeps forgetting my "no spoilers" setting and ruining games for me. its crap.

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice
i used to have fuckton of rss feeds now i just sub to ronnie, tfd, and a c# news aggregator

i tried to follow that stuff with twitter but gently caress that poo poo

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
i hope the new forums have rss so i can follow all my favourite threads

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

because of this thread i went to see if there exists a service like the old google service that would make any page without an rss feed into one and it turns out there are some that are free and work

thanks thread

• Locked thread