Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BDA
Dec 10, 2007

Extremely grim and evil.

Jukebox Hero posted:

Dark Souls might actually have a giant sword doll mannequin monster to fight that has jazz hands attacks.
It doesn't, but it does have a pole-dancing Slenderman.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BDA
Dec 10, 2007

Extremely grim and evil.
Seriously, gently caress Angsty Bones. What the hell were they thinking?

BDA
Dec 10, 2007

Extremely grim and evil.

Spudd posted:

Was the Mighty Boosh just not very popular in (I'm assuming you're in) America?
I used to watch that show and I still wouldn't recognize any reference that wasn't to The Hitcher. It's not really on our pop culture radar.

BDA
Dec 10, 2007

Extremely grim and evil.

Genocyber posted:

In this, for example, go whole hog into strength and use a big heavy weapon and you'll rarely have much trouble.
And learn to roll effectively for those instances when you can't just ragdoll dudes with your big ol' warhammer. This will probably end up being the tricky part for people who feel bad at games.

BDA
Dec 10, 2007

Extremely grim and evil.
I think the problem with the Witch of the Lake is that she really is disproportionately hard compared to the rest of the game. Other than a few outliers most of the bosses in this game are fairly easy and the difficulty seems to trend pretty strongly downward as the game progresses; there's been quite a few bosses in the LP that I completely forgot were even in the game, because on my playthrough I just facerolled them with no trouble on my first attempt -- not because I'm good at video games but because they just didn't put up much of a fight. The Witch of the Lake is a spike in difficulty that is both massive and isolated. If there had been more bosses that were as dangerous and unforgiving she wouldn't have been such a nasty shock.

• Locked thread