Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Call me crazy but I get the impression that they want Ryuki to fight out to take his oppenent's life as part of their goal. He'll still lose but somehow pushing him to be more like the cop helps their plans going forward somehow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Okay, everyone looks weird but the animation in the Kengan anime isn't nearly as bad as I was assuming it would be.

But drat, you don't really need to mess with the dialogue guys! Kuroki saying 'I have killed you twice' is a much stronger line than 'You have lost twice now'

RareAcumen fucked around with this message at 08:57 on Nov 19, 2020

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Look, I'm just saying, no matter how strong your opponent is, if you crush their windpipe they won't be fighting you for long.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Getting real tired of people jumping the gun as soon as the fight starts and their fighter isn't being clubbed back and forth into the ground.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

How in the world do you miss that a guy's got a centipede tattooed on his tongue?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

LeSquide posted:

Real big fan of

Agito just plain ol' turning into some sort of water rubber snake here

Someone, put Venom's face on that

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Was expecting this to go on another chapter at least, honestly.

Worth it to be able to update the wiki to say Kiryu Setsuna Status: Alive already though.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Jose posted:

It's funny that this is underground fighting but okubo is famous and rich as gently caress for being the king of pro MMA

Yeah and Gaolang is the same but for boxing.

Like wasn't he number 2 behind El Dorado?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Oh poo poo, he's Broly!

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Holy gently caress! No wonder there were so many spoilers for this chapter!

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Meguro gets his hands I'm the guy and eventually manages to throw him out of the ring, so hard that he crashes into the bleachers in fact.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Hayami's gonna frame cancel himself and dodge Jurota's grabs.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Brought To You By posted:

link
He was supposed to just straight up be better than Gaolang at boxing and "on a whole other level" and the original fight was changed because Sandrovich thought he made the man too strong. Which is interesting because we now have a judoka that can flip a person with just a touch faster than people with the fist eye can appreciate.

The powercreep...smh

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Hayami's actually pulling a Chiba Takayuki and getting himself thrown over and over to learn how he's doing that and add it to his arsenal. First, you've got to test it, see if there are any blind spots to it before you can counter it.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Suspicious Lump posted:

Raws are out:
https://imgur.com/a/BNewWvX

:zoro:

I have faith in our boy.

Watch him turn out to be a Worm next part after he wins.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Well drat, no wonder he wasn't that much of a threat at the end of the day.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I've gotta admit, my expectations were really low when the bracket was decided at first with this being a judo match focused around the least interesting character from Asura but drat if I'm not invested now.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Zzulu posted:

any translations?

Possibly a crime but I've been reading here

https://manganelo.com/chapter/cd918233/chapter_102.5

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Lt. Lizard posted:

Akoya is great. :colbert: Every series like Kengen Omega needs at least one completely unlikable and irredeemable psycho and Akoya is basically perfect for that role. I can't wait to see how he fucks up this match due to his murder-boner.

They already had Meguro in the first one! And his brain broke and him going murder hungry was a shame since he seemed to be happy training with people beforehand!

I might just be putting more sympathy on him than he deserves because he wasn't a cop.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I wish I knew how to use photoshop so I could take some of the background text off of panels to make dumb memes of this manga with.

Also wow, was not expecting the fight to be cop vs war criminal from how it was starting.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

did you not read the latest chapter? the original le banner was the one sitting naked and happy on a pile of corpses.

No, he still has his pants and boots on.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

We're about to get Gaolong round two

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

All Julius had to do was flex super hard!

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Can't believe the Worm infiltrated Hokuto No Gun as well.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Yeah, attacking his head is your best bet if you're fighting Wakatsuki. If he can take a punch from Julius Reinhold and you're not the size of a restaurant freezer, you'd better have a plan ready.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Zzulu posted:

The problem here for Mr.Wakatsuki is that he is all about raw power and explosivity and now he's fighting a magical Niko user who can redirect power and explosivity at will

This is an opportune fight where the relative strengths of the combatants should be so great that Wakatsuki can end this fight by just throwing him out of the ring like it's Mario 64.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Suspicious Lump posted:

I think you can get out of the wrist hold using a forward flip, you have to go with the hold not against it, especially when you have a core of a god.

Correct

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCFLWR8Ulm4&t=139s

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Purgatory has had like, only 5 fighters that had original fighting styles right? Falcon, Fei, Terashi, Naidan and Nicholas Le Banner (not). Everyone else keeps trying beat them at their speciality.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

yum posted:

What's Fei's plan if he wins here is he just going to casually walk back to the Purgatory side, say sup to Lolong and the gang and watch the next match as if he didn't just transform into a horribly grotesque blood spurting monster. I'm assuming the Worms have something planned afterwards since the other Niko murdered all those dudes and Eddie saying there's been a change in plan

I hope Fei loses though c'mon Waka just blast core him outta the arena and into the horizon like Team Rocket

Fei wins and the rest of the Purgatory side immediately just jumps him and puts him in the infirmary.

Then in 3 chapters we can find out that Hajime's been removing all his nerves and has them hanging up like they're a coat next to his gurney.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Fei's gonna turn around and bicycle kick him out of the ring and everyone's gonna be so mad.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I hope that one of two things solves this:

1) Wakatsuki has been secretly training with Julius just taking hits from him like the Punisher every other week and aside from the first kick that dented his chest he's been faking it the entire time.

2) He pulls a Luffy and stomps through the arena for extra stability and just crushes Fei like an empty beer can.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Can't wait for this manga to kick off and bring in the 20 failed Gensai clones

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Brought To You By posted:

The best thing about cloning Gensai is that it wouldn't yield any results. Gensai doesn't have any explicit genetic traits that make him a monster, he's just practiced and fought for so long while honing himself to a razor's edge (but not Rihito's) that he's the monster of a fighter he is. Cloning him would give you good stock but you'd need to take care in training each and every clone and we know the worm's track record with handling trainees. They'd be lucky to get 1 Gensai if they used their usual methods.

Depends on how fast and loose you play with things when you're cloning people. Is it making a second body to put in the info you need like with Star Wars clones or Metal Gear? Or are they immediately ready to go and follow orders like Superboy, the many Wolverine clones or Transformers?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

So how big a deal is Orochi in Baki? I have absolutely no idea who this dude is.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

drat, King got cake

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

team overhead smash posted:

Very powerful Anderson Silva vs Chris Weidman energy there.

It’s great that you can dodge attacks with your guard down to clown on your opponent, but maybe keep your guard up just in case you misjudge it and he gets a punch in?

You know how these things go, Ohma's gotta warm up and you gotta test your opponent. Can't just go rushing in unless you're a freak like Hayami

Jose posted:

Whoever it is I'd quite a lot taller than Rei. I thought Sen too at first but the height and getting involved in the background fight seems very unlike Sen

We've already seen Himuro and he's the only other character I can think of that'd be wearing a Hawaiian shirt so I think it's definitely Hatsumi. Nogi or Katahara contacting him first to counter the Worm's attack seems like a good reason why Kazzy wouldn't be able to recuit him.

RareAcumen fucked around with this message at 20:54 on Oct 14, 2021

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Oh, so he's Saitama Nicholas. Okay.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

The Worm used to be a threat like The Hand but now they're sliding down to The Foot clan on the danger scale as time goes on.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Use Demonbane already

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Zodack posted:

It continues to be a strange feeling that Tokita Ohma is easily the least interesting combatant in Omega for me.

Okubo's fight was the low point for me personally.