Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Samoa Joe!
This poll is closed.
SAMOA JOE! 10 11.90%
Samoa Joe? 10 11.90%
SAMOA JOE!!! :aaa: 14 16.67%
Samoa Joe :smug: 50 59.52%
Total: 84 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

------------------------------

Tweak posted:

Inspired by the TFF draft day GDT gifs I made a stupid thing quick and dirty like (then the forums went down when I tried to post)

Raw Results
  • Kevin Owens and his BFF Chris Jericho opened the show bragging about Owens retaining the Universal Title. Jericho bragged about being the Rumble's Iron man. Braun Strowman demanded a title shot as Owens had rashly promised the night before, and Mick Foley agreed despite Owen's objections.

• Sami Zayn beat Chris Jericho in a non-title match. The two men were in the previous night's Rumble for the longest lengths of time.

• Sheamus & Cesaro were arguing about losing the titles, Bayley made them hug it out. They have a six-man tag against The Club/Charlotte later in the show. Gallows called them "NERRRRDS!"

• Steph promised Kevin Owens she would try to cancel the Braun/Owens title match after dealing with Seth Rollins for his NXT Takeover intrusion to try and get at HHH.

• Tony Nese beat Mustafa Ali in a Cruiserweight match. Austin Aries interviewed/insulted him post-match.

• Steph confronted Seth Rollins in the ring, Seth told her she was bad at sex and he was going to break into Board of Director meetings and her family home and terrorize her children until HHH gave him what he wanted. Steph teased that HHH was there and would see him later in the night.

• Sheamus, Cesaro and Bayley beat Charlotte and the Club in a 6-Person mixed tag. Bayley got the pin on Charlotte.

• Steph tried to harangue Foley for booking Owens/Braun for the title tonight, but he countered with an accusation about the use of HHH's music to distract Seth in his match with Sami the previous week. He told her the match IS happening.

• Neville came out as the new Cruiserweight Champion, and Rich Swann came out to congratulate him. Neville demanded Rich bow to him, they got into a fight and Swann came out on top.

• Bayley tried to convince an injured Sasha Banks not to wrestle Nia Jax again. Sasha insisted though, and referenced Bayley losing to Charlotte.

• Owens asked for Jericho's help against Braun but Jericho noted Owens gave him no assistance against Sami earlier. He said he would have his back but didn't look too pleased about it.

• Owens retained his title when he lost his match to Braun by DQ. Braun attacked Jericho before the match, but Roman ended up coming down to attack Braun for revenge for costing him the Universal Title the night before. After (eventually) knocking Braun down he also attacked Owens.

• Brock Lesnar came out with Paul Heyman. Heyman declared that Brock has finally met an opponent he can't seem to beat in Bill Goldberg. He wants a match at Mania so they can settle once and for all who is truly the best.

• Nia Jax beat Sasha Banks while she had her in a submission. It was confusing because the bell rang without the ref calling for it. Bayley ran down to help Sasha when Nia wouldn't stop attacking her. Nia left smiling. After the break Bayley was shown helping Sasha into the trainer's room.

• Enzo and Big Cass defeated Handsome Rusev and Jinder Mahal in a Tornado Tag match. This felt like it was intended to be a feud-ender.

• Triple H showed up and cut a promo saying he was furious that Seth Rollins vacating the title due to injury was giving away everything HHH handed him on a silver platter. He said he was trying to be the guy who ran the company now and not the guy who destroyed people in the ring, but Seth coming to NXT during the last Takeover was too much and now he wants a piece of him too, because in NXT Triple H is trying to develop the "next" Seth Rollins. Seth showed up to fight, but as he got to the ring he was jumped... BY SAMOA JOE! :derp:

• A smug Triple H left without touching Seth, while Joe absolutely destroyed Seth and choked him out to end the show.

Smackdown Results (to be added tomorrow)
  • AJ met with Shane McMahon and Daniel Bryan where he was assured he would get his one-on-one rematch with John Cena. The Elimination Chamber participants were confirmed as Cena, Styles, Bray Wyatt, Baron Corbin, The Miz & Dean Ambrose. Ambrose offers AJ a chance to take care of "unfinished business" now that Ellsworth is no longer getting in their way. Shane and Bryan made the match, which AJ thought was a terrible idea.

• John Cena came down to celebrate his record equalling title win. He apologized for calling AJ Styles "just a guy" and said that not he is Champion, if anybody wants some to come get some. Bray Wyatt and Randy Orton came out and promised that whether at the Elimination Chamber or Wrestlemania they would "set the title free" of the endless cycle of Cena reigns.

• Luke Harper and John Cena tagged against Bray Wyatt and Randy Orton after Harper saved Cena from a beatdown. Harper was still reluctant to fight Bray which he took advantage of, keeping Cena mostly in to take a beating. Harper finally attacked Bray but was taken out by Orton who RKOed Cena and pinned him.

• Carmella beat Delilah Doom thanks to interference by James Ellsworth.

• Dolph Ziggler beat Kalisto (yes they had another match) and tried to pull off Kalisto's mask. Apollo Crews ran out and Ziggler escaped into the crowd.

• Becky Lynch and Naomi beat Alexa Bliss and Mickie James. Naomi got the pin on Alexa after Becky managed to take out Mickie.

• American Alpha did a promo backstage noting that since they beat the Wyatts nobody has stepped up to the plate to challenge them, so they themselves are issuing an open challenge to the roster.

• The Usos answered the open challenge, but so did The Ascension... and the Vaudevillains... and the Fashion Police.... and Heath Slater and Rhyno! It broke out into a Tag Battle Royal. Eventually everybody but American Alpha and Slater and Rhyno were left in the ring. AA's music played for no real reason and the segment was just kinda finished.

• Nattie had security guards clear the room before going to see Daniel Bryan about Nikki Bella. Nikki showed up and they argued over Bryan's attempts to make peace till he lost it, screamed at them, then calmly explained they will have a match at Elimination Chamber.

• Dean Ambrose vs AJ Styles was the main event, with Miz on commentary. Baron Corbin showed up to join them and he and Miz started shittalking each other. As the match started to really pick up pace, Corbin and Miz started fighting which distracted the ref when Dean seemed to have it won. Ambrose attacked them both, then AJ hit him with the Styles Clash and pinned him.

• Post match, The Miz hit the Skull Crushing Finale on Ambrose, then Corbin hit End of Days on both Miz and Ambrose to close the show.

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 04:02 on Feb 1, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

where the big boys play

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

triple h is the best babyface wwe has

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Joe

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Raw gonna get both Joe and Nakamura

Eldritch BiLast
Jul 7, 2009

Pummel Sylvanas
Melee Range
Instant
i screamed joe at the top of my lungs

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

Chris James 2 posted:

Raw gonna get both Joe and Nakamura

and smackdown will still somehow be better

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Cavauro posted:

where the big boys play

Look at the adjective: Samoa

Pandanaut
May 26, 2007

goin to the fuckin moon
Undertaker and Joe are Raw now.

Smackdown will get Bobby Roode.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
Oh cool, Joe exists

should have debuted at 30 and also won the rumble

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

How long till Roman buries Joe?

Valentin
Sep 16, 2012

wait a goshdarn second if joe is on RAW how will he make all my dreams come true by debuting on smackdown??

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
So uh, are we gonna get Joe-Rollins instead?

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Jiro posted:

How long till Roman buries Joe?

Joe is already buried

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
Samoa Joe loves NXT Paul.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
That was better than any Rumble debut would've been short of a win.

It calls much of Mania further into question for me though.

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

Alain Post posted:

Joe is already buried

*quickly runs back to thread*

*panting*

joe

*pant*

was always

*deep breath*

bad

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Professor Funk posted:

So uh, are we gonna get Joe-Rollins instead?

Likely for FastLane, Seth wins and goes on to HHH at Mania

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

So was RAW good?

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

WrasslorMonkey posted:

So was RAW good?

WWE Monday Night RAW was good.

Eldritch BiLast
Jul 7, 2009

Pummel Sylvanas
Melee Range
Instant
Smackdown is in Corpus Christi tomorrow.

Expect a worse crowd than tonight.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Triple H trying to make a new Seth Rollins after the original disappointed him actually makes a tremendous amount of sense for his choice to back first Kevin Owens and now Samoa Joe.

More killer fat dudes in wrestling rocks.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

Chris James 2 posted:

I would rather Joe doesn't lose his first match on the main roster, so maybe they'll go a different direction somehow.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Chris James 2 posted:

As much as I wanted Seth/HHH at Mania it's not worth it for the "Fastlane Buries Everyone" factor.

If that happened, Roman would beat Braun, Seth would beat Joe, and Goldberg would beat Owens all on a B-Show. Woof.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I was paying so little attention to Raw that I totally missed Joe. Whoops!

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
WWE is historically at its best when they push big guys so i'm glad they're turning it into a hoss promotion again

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Raw has an unfair advantage in the category of Samoans named Joe.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

SamuraiFoochs posted:

As much as I wanted Seth/HHH at Mania it's not worth it for the "Fastlane Buries Everyone" factor.

If that happened, Roman would beat Braun, Seth would beat Joe, and Goldberg would beat Owens all on a B-Show. Woof.

Yeah, this.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

Jerusalem posted:

Triple H trying to make a new Seth Rollins after the original disappointed him actually makes a tremendous amount of sense for his choice to back first Kevin Owens and now Samoa Joe.

More killer fat dudes in wrestling rocks.

Looking forward to corpulent corporate Kassius Ohno.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
I got home in time to see who the Destroyer was. Going to be interesting seeing how they go from Joe on Raw to his supposed Mania match.

CrcleSqreSanchz
Aug 21, 2002

I'm feeling something new...something...I'm happy??!!
As much as a lot of the New Day's stuff is stale these days, watching the behind-the-scenes stuff on Wrestlemania and seeing them just being good bro's makes me love them

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Oh my god.

Triple H kept talking about "The Destroyer".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NONOZGGejb8

:lol:

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
samoa joe

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AIf2NyzKoHM

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
smoe joe

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Alain Post posted:

WWE is historically at its best when they push big guys so i'm glad they're turning it into a hoss promotion again

Known big guy Stone Cold Steve Austin

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

KungFu Grip posted:

I got home in time to see who the Destroyer was. Going to be interesting seeing how they go from Joe on Raw to his supposed Mania match.

Is the supposed Mania match what I think it is and did Dave actually report it?

• Locked thread