Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Zwachro posted:

The coming weekend's event will probably have title implications for this division; there's three strawweight bouts on it. Joanna was interviewed last weekend and claimed she'd know her next opponent 'in a few days', and apparently Jessica Andrade (who fights Angela Hill on the 4th) was already offered a straight title shot in April/May but didn't want to go that long without a fight after her Dec. 30 bout fell through.

Going to guess Andrade gets the shot if she wins; if Overkill manages to derail her I dunno what happens. Hill may get it, but Grasso is second on the card (not sure if they consider it a co-main) so if she wins she could get fast-tracked I guess? Also Tecia Torres is fighting Bec Rawlings on the undercard but I'm not sure either of those are in contention.

Andrade's definitely getting the shot if she wins. Grasso actually isn't ranked as high as Torres (#12 v #6) but if she wins and Andrade somehow loses I expect they'll go with the undefeated v undefeated angle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
I don't know that Anderson is really that close to a title shot, there's probably 3 guys in line in front of him (Yoel, Jacare, probably Rockhold) and he hasn't put in a really strong performance since...Chael 2? Personally I hope Manuwa smashes him.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

CommonShore posted:

Not for the sake of to spoiling the joke but rahter for my sanity...

Anderson Silva is not scheduled for a fight. Corey Anderson is scheduled to fight Jimi Manuwa in London.

Ha, I completely missed that. I did think it was a quick turnaround but then it's not like he took much damage against Brunson.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
There really isn't. Carla would retire rather than risk another beating like the last one.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
11 pounds in 48 hours sounds like a stretch even for someone who isn't a confirmed fatass with a steak addiction.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

BlindSite posted:

Everyone thought he was gonna be a champ in the locker room then he went to edmond and died.

Everyone but Chael.

• Locked thread