Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

We had some Navy Seabees at my FOB. Never really interacted with them, they had their own b-huts and just did their own thing most of the time. They'd go to Bagram from time to time when they needed to unload supplies from cargo planes.

A couple days after a resupply, our TOC got a call from one of the Air Force pilots who flew resupply missions. "Hey, are any of you missing a pistol? My guys found a Beretta on the plane, serial number blah blah blah."

Lo and behold, a Seabee left his pistol on the plane, realized it was missing when he got back to the FOB, and kept quiet because he was convinced it would turn up eventually. Meanwhile he was frantically searching every nook and cranny on the camp. I can only imagine the green (blue?) weenie got him pretty hard for that.

Somebody else left his pistol in the portashitter. This one was found by a Sergeant Major. We got a mass-blast email to everyone on the FOB "If you are missing a pistol, report to SGM xxxx to pick it up." No idea what poor soldier or sailor lost his weapon, but I'm sure they had a fun conversation with the SGM about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread