Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

I really liked Kauboks and Panzerskank's LP of Saints Row 2. It helped when they actually got one of Volition's staff to help with some of the mods, thus making a buggy game into a hilariously broken buggy game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Escobarbarian posted:

I was always a huge fan of the Steampunk Abortionists stuff back when LPs were still just seeping out of SA. Only username I remember is CherryDoom. Are those still around anywhere?

Also Jerusalem's text San Andreas playthrough was pretty rad too

Well, I always thought the Freelance Astronauts were by far the best of all the original groups, unfortunately all their stuff is either lost or in terrible resolution. But their rapport was fantastic.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

BioEnchanted posted:

I think my favourite Freelance Astronauts video was the competitive Tetris video with |||||| versus Maxwell, for his smack talk that just kept going until he inevitably misplaced one block in the entire game that then threw him off:

"You cannot defeat me. I am a machine. My blocks fall in unbroken rows as I AWWWWWWWWW gently caress!"

I also loved the "Let Me Tell You about my Anime D&D Character. Sephiroth Goku that Stampede" that was elaborated on for 4 minutes straight of adlib until Ferr helps him complete the joke:
*after 5 minutes of anime jokes*
Ferr: And then the manager says "That's very interesting, what do you call that act?"
||||||: The Aristocrats! :v:

I always preferred the time Maxwell gets steadily pissed off at jokes about Louie Anderson during the RE4 LP.

Or the time Maxwell dicks over the other guys in the Wii Mario Brothers game.

So 100% of the time.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

BioEnchanted posted:

I loved when they did Mass Effect and spawned a tank in the elevator at the Citadel.

Maxwell: Hang on, I can fix it... *Spawns more tanks on top of the original tank trying to knock them out like a penny falls arcade game - game crashes*

No, the best part was when they confused Shepard so much the character model pretended to be a plane.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Blind LPs are usually bad, but Voidburgers LP of Undertake was pretty great.

Helloitsdan did one as well, but it wasn't as good. His LP of Mercenaries 2 + Lost Planet with Lithuanian Dad were great. Shame that Lost Planet 1 LP was lost to the aether. I'll never be able to listen to the 'Floral Dance' without thinking of minigunning aliens to shreds with Terry Wogan's dulcet tones.

On a non-S.A. front, Laurentheflute does some... endearing LPs. She's not a good player by any means, but her earnestness carries her through.

Sorry about no links, also on phone.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

someone awful. posted:

I vaguely remember a lot of people being lovely to Addar for having a weird voice, and later for coming out as trans? It'd be nice to know how she was doing honestly

That wouldn't surprise me, unfortunately.

Addar did do a good Dark Souls 2 LP.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Yeah, Lauren, bless her heart, may not be the best gamer, but she is definitively one of the most... emotionally sincere, so she's perfect for Undertale.

Other great L.P.s of that include Voidburger's and Helloitsdan. Primarily because none of them read out the dialogue - which is quite, quite annoying when people do it in text video games.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Drunken Baker posted:

BroTeam playing the latest Telltale trainwreck was glorious.

Which one was that?

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Was there a reason given for him leaving? Or was he just not bothered.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Guess who's back, everyone.

Research Indicates.

You may know him from the unsurpassed Jurassic Park Trespasser L.P. Well, this next one looks good fun as well.

• Locked thread