Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.

Samovar posted:

Well, I always thought the Freelance Astronauts were by far the best of all the original groups, unfortunately all their stuff is either lost or in terrible resolution. But their rapport was fantastic.

I think my favourite Freelance Astronauts video was the competitive Tetris video with |||||| versus Maxwell, for his smack talk that just kept going until he inevitably misplaced one block in the entire game that then threw him off:

"You cannot defeat me. I am a machine. My blocks fall in unbroken rows as I AWWWWWWWWW gently caress!"

I also loved the "Let Me Tell You about my Anime D&D Character. Sephiroth Goku that Stampede" that was elaborated on for 4 minutes straight of adlib until Ferr helps him complete the joke:
*after 5 minutes of anime jokes*
Ferr: And then the manager says "That's very interesting, what do you call that act?"
||||||: The Aristocrats! :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
My LPs are always the kind of games that don't engender much discussion, so my threads are quiet, but I still get enough views to know that I have an audience even though they're invisible, which is heartening :3:

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

I loved when they did Mass Effect and spawned a tank in the elevator at the Citadel.

Maxwell: Hang on, I can fix it... *Spawns more tanks on top of the original tank trying to knock them out like a penny falls arcade game - game crashes*

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

Nuebot posted:

Yeah I'm pretty sure that's what killed the Yoshi's Story LP. People were just being weird and stupid about it non-stop.

Anyway, Boatmurdered is the only Dwarf Fortress LP I've ever liked. It's pretty worth it if just for the elephant war.

Happily, with the ongoing "Let's Play all of Final Fantasy" megathread, one of the commentators, Claire is a transwoman who transitioned during the LP (When it first started in FF1 she was still going by her deadname Cody, came out I believe towards the end/middle of the first game) and noone gave her poo poo about it. She actually had a lot of interesting things to say about the process too, like how the voice wouldn't be changing because when puberty hits the larynx it's irreversible, and she'd need a bunch of speech therapy to do anything about it. People have generally been nothing but supportive, so it's good we've come that far since the DazzlingAddar debacle..

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

One of the reasons I like doing LPs is because of a particular feeling I get, where early in recording a game I like I get hit with a flashback of when I first played the game to completion and remember a cool part or boss that I liked and I start thinking "Oh my god I can't wait to get to that part! I remember that being awesome!" Hasn't happened with much, only really with Ghosthunter so far, but it's a cool feeling.

• Locked thread