Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PassTheRemote
Mar 15, 2007

Number 6 holds The Village record in Duck Hunt.

The first one to kill :laugh: wins.

Hbomberguy posted:

It's so good. Like, there's the obvious first layer of comedy, right? Where he spends 30 minutes making cup noodles and pours hot water all over his kitchen counter doing it, and makes comments like 'this is great because it's a very cheap food source for students' before turning to his obscenely expensive keurig coffee machine to get hot water from it to make them with, and laments the lack of actual shrimps in his fifty cent shrimp flavoured noodle, as if he got ripped off.

But then, in the background, you get some of the most beautiful and baffling moment in human history.

Phil keeps, seemingly at all times, a cutting board with a ceramic knife and an array of spoons on it on his kitchen counter, just there, in case he needs them. Whenever he wants to cut any meat he has to move all the spoons and poo poo off, cut the stuff, wash the cutting board, and then presumably dry it and put the spoons back on.

Next to it is an inordinate amount of pyrex measuring jugs. He has like five pyrex measuring jugs, piled up there on his counter, in case he needs five pyrex measuring jugs. I can honestly say that this frame of video footage is going to be a point of obsession for the rest of my life.

Wait, it takes a half hour to make a cup of noodles?

*watches video*

Can he take his fedora off the counter?
Those Pyrex measuring cups are the same size? I have three Pyrex, but they are all different sizes (1 cup, 2 cup, 4 cup) and some of them are hand me down ones. Also, instead of the Kureg, if he does not have a kettle (electric or otherwise) get one of those pyrex measuring cups and microwave water for 5 minutes, it'll be boiling then.

Now Cup of noodles is interesting, but this video series perplexes me:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=heSVJL5XYQs

Why fry meatballs in a large pot instead of a frying pan? Also, do you really need 3/4 cup of shugar for tomato sauce? You only need a pinch to cut the acidity of it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Wfj0-_q6dg

Bon appetit!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PassTheRemote
Mar 15, 2007

Josef K. Sourdust posted:

Has anyone bought/borrowed copies of the films featured in Best of the Worst? I must admit I've been tempted by Xtro and Dangerous Men. Anyone else?

I saw Dangerous Men before BOTW. I've seen a lot of the ones they liked, and I've seen Double Down.

PassTheRemote
Mar 15, 2007

Josef K. Sourdust posted:

New Best of the Worst video: Sequels to Carnosaur, Skateboard Kid and Future Force.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9cNUg3XvVKk

Rich Evans is love, Rich Evans is life

PassTheRemote
Mar 15, 2007

TheMaestroso posted:

Bob's responses to CinemaSins videos never fail to astonish me. I don't think very highly of Jeremy's ability to watch and understand movies, but I didn't think he could be this dense.

This is what happens when online reviewing is dominated in the early years with the Nostalgia Critic style of reviewing. People now think nitpicking minor things counts as serious film critiques.

PassTheRemote
Mar 15, 2007

Jack and Rich Evans talk about the three seashells:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUPJBL1nGW4

• Locked thread