Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

The last chapter will involve both Tomo and Jun when they're 85 years old and Tomo will be on her deathbed from cancer or something and will say "I like you" to Jun and then Jun will say "I also think you are a good friend Tomo" and then she will die and it will end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant

littleorv posted:

Tell me more about this mousou telepathy manga. Do thousands of people die every page?

It's about a girl who can read thoughts, and the guy who's into her. The dude is incredibly hormonal and being telepathic she can see all of it, so it kinda has a higher hill to climb to persuade us that this romance is worthwhile. But the arc with her friend was pretty well done so who knows, maybe it'll be good.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

littleorv posted:

Tell me more about this mousou telepathy manga. Do thousands of people die every page?

yes

Beato Believer
May 23, 2009

I believe in Beato.
Even when she's driving.
At night.
In a snowstorm.
I like Tomo-chan. I suppose I could list reasons why, but I will not.

Because I've learned that, for myself, taking apart a thing to figure out why I do or do not like it, is similar to taking a pet frog to a junior high school science class and having them vivisect it. Yes, we all learn much more about frogs, but our pet is never going to jump around ever again. It will sit there and rot, and that is all.

I'd rather have a pet with innards that are all a mystery to me. But that might just be me.

Proceed with the vivisection, if you must.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

wheelgun wielder posted:

Because I've learned that, for myself, taking apart a thing to figure out why I do or do not like it, is similar to taking a pet frog to a junior high school science class and having them vivisect it. Yes, we all learn much more about frogs, but our pet is never going to jump around ever again. It will sit there and rot, and that is all.

I'd rather have a pet with innards that are all a mystery to me. But that might just be me.

:pwn:

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

What even is-

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Dryzen posted:

It being cute doesn't really help that it lost any of its initial draw after nothing kept happening over and over and over and over again. If nothing happens again from the current thing that's happening then it pretty much perfectly illustrates what everyone doesn't like about it.

It's a romcom 4koma, what did you expect?

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

I uh

Whaaaa

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

Sun Wu Kampf posted:

It's a romcom 4koma, what did you expect?

I personally still enjoy it enough but I completely understand why people are sour on it

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet

Dryzen posted:

I personally still enjoy it enough but I completely understand why people are sour on it

This is how I feel about it

wheelgun wielder posted:

The gently caress is this

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014
i've taken some time to think about it and i've decided that i also stand with tomo, in addition to carol.

i think it's fine for a silly gay manga to just be a silly gay manga, and not try very hard to have a good plot.

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014
my phone auto corrected gag to gay and hell, who am i to argue?

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I enjoy Tomo.

Thank you, thread.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Shinjobi posted:

I enjoy Tomo.

Thank you, thread.

That's Carol, not Tomo.

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

chumbler posted:

That's Carol, not Tomo.

e:

Missing Name fucked around with this message at 04:13 on Feb 10, 2017

Dire Lemming
Jan 19, 2016
If you don't coddle Nazis flat Earthers then you're literally as bad as them.
Tomo is like a 6/10, sometimes it's funny. It's worth the 20 seconds to read each day for the occasional good joke.

littleorv posted:

Not in the manga no, but in real life thousands die every day fighting over whether Toda is a disgusting pervert or a normal hormonal teen.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

chumbler posted:

That's Carol, not Tomo.

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
Musou Telepathy is indeed good poo poo

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

DisDisDis posted:

Musou Telepathy is indeed good poo poo

Needs more of the other guy and his cool girlfriend, though.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Tomo-chan thread.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

See, things are happening....

Dire Lemming
Jan 19, 2016
If you don't coddle Nazis flat Earthers then you're literally as bad as them.
After this arc there will be no doubt in our or tomo's minds that Jun loves fireworks.

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

wheelgun wielder posted:

Actually, maybe you should just list the reasons you like tomo-chan.

Red Minjo
Oct 20, 2010

Out of the houses, which is the most blue?

The answer might not be be obvious at first.

Gravy Boat 2k

Dire Lemming posted:

After this arc there will be no doubt in our or tomo's minds that Jun loves fireworks.

RIP Chiyo, RIP Tomo, this is canon forever

filthychimp
Jan 2, 2006
Damned dirty ape

Dire Lemming posted:

Relevent hot video straight from the front page of reddit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_B13yISVHWI

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

chumbler posted:

Needs more of the other guy and his cool girlfriend, though.
Indeed. Maybe even a spin-off.

filthychimp posted:

Relevent hot video straight from the front page of reddit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_B13yISVHWI
This guy's twitter feed is the best.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

She looked better in the Polo shirt IMO.

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

thread title is accurate and that's fine.

CAROL

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
In today's Tomo-chan, it's Old Man Octopus vs. the Harbinger of Death and the Legendary Devil.

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
https://www.reddit.com/r/manga/comments/5tb7da/disc_the_great_tomochan_wa_onnanoke_conspiracy/ holy poo poo

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
holy poo poo someone actually wrote all that and it is possible albeit very unlikely that someone else read all of it

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I started to read it and then noticed the size of the scrollbar and just dragged it down, boggling at the amount of words put together for tomochan

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

I'm going to do it. I'm going to read the whole thing.

E: Of course even with all that obsession he still manages to misspell the title.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i think it is pretty impressive that gorf converted images to text and reposted his tomo thread on reddit. don't give up, dude!

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

It's me, I read the whole thing.

I think it used a lot of words to make some pretty obvious conclusions.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

I read the whole thing. It was not good.

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I can't believe Misuzu is trying to trigger the third impact.