Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Whoa.

So. I like this manga. It doesn't have the constant fetish assault that mousou telepathy and hatsukoi zombie do and that already earns it a point in my book.

That being said, considering it's a 4-panel thing I kinda feel like maybe a thread is a bit unnecessary because I feel like binging through a chunk at a time works a lot better than keeping updated every update. I dunno. Either way, I quite enjoy it and had no idea it was ADTRW's Starbound before this.

Carol is the best.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

There's something to be said about binging through things, but for those of us impatient folk, shooting the poo poo about Carol's puffy cheeks and demonic antics is a good diversion every day or two.

And it keeps it from clogging up other threads every day.

Oh sure! Fair enough. I'm not really saying 'Stop the thread! This is so uneccessary! AAAAAAAAAAH :byodood: *Crashes into a wall and explodes*' It seemed a bit overkill at first but yeah, having a place to stick all the conversation makes a lot of sense.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Captain Invictus posted:

Starbound is at best a middling game, has an ugly development history, and looks like garbage compared to the game it's supposedly a spiritual successor to.

Tomochan looks great and is fun, already two things it has over starbound!

Starbound has a thread where people are very mean about it's quality and that's all I'm getting at. It was really *brandishes firearm* in here for the first six pages.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Wallrod posted:

Tomo doesn't need protecting and misuzu is a dumb dumb. Also i'm glad i don't have to scan through 500 chat thread pages for new tomos.

The problem is that all of Tomo's restraint goes into not telling Jun she likes him.

Every other aspect of her life faces complete annihilation once she focuses on it. Excluding academics.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Guys, I think the gyarus might have a crush on Tomo's mom.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

rare Magic card l00k posted:

I hope we get every arc repeating itself, ending in Tomo wussing out right before fireworks again.

Oh no, Itachi's trapped us in a visual Jutsu!

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Carol is the true Mandy of this manga.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8QPEVQp1MZw

I've just been hearing this for the last five updates and I'm just waiting for the other shoe to finally drop already.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Ytlaya posted:

Does Jun have some actual reason for being so standoff-ish with Carol? From his perspective, it seems like he's being a dick for no reason to this random cute girl who wants to hang out with him. If he knew her well I could understand him (correctly) assuming she's loving with him, but otherwise it just makes him come off like an antisocial dweeb.

Jun has come to the (correct) conclusion that anyone- besides Tomo- that actively wants to be friends with Mizusu is dangerous and should be avoided if possible and not aggravated if not.

SatansBestBuddy posted:

Uh, I dunno how well he knows her, but they've had lunch together, gone to the beach, beat up gangs together, hung out with Tomo, so they're not total strangers.

He's also attempted to help her exercise and that went nowhere even less than a parked car.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Hate-Senpai posted:

GOD loving drat.

THE FIRST KISS IN TOMO-CHAN AND IT'S CAROL X JUN.

I know!

It should've been Akemi and Gorou.

Next, Carol should bring Jun to meet her parents. And then bring her parents to meet Tomo's parents.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Carol should be in everything. Make Carol the new Shovel Knight who is the new Dante who is the new Knuckles.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Wow, I don't think Takamura was this scared when he was fighting that bear.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

RareAcumen posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8QPEVQp1MZw

I've just been hearing this for the last five updates and I'm just waiting for the other shoe to finally drop already.

Wow, so here's the shoe finally dropping. This is really good!

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

This manga is going to end with Carol storming Fumita's workplace with a bat.

Like that Deadpool comic.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Sakurazuka posted:

I thought you were suggesting a Tomo Musou game for a second then

Somehow I thought he was talking about a Tomo+ Sleepy Princess crossover.

Patware posted:

lmao if you actually thought

WHOM ACTUALLY THOUGHT

She said she was going to start teasing him though, why think anything else was going to happen?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

This reimagining of the Lion King is getting kinda weird.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

SatansBestBuddy posted:

Doesn't she live next door? Where the hell did he run to to get that out of breath?

You're underestimating how scared he was when Carol pushed him over.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

This series is going to end with Tomo shooting through an encyclopedia Jun's holding and killing him.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Even as a child, Tomo was powerful enough to destroy a Game boy

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Mentat Radnor posted:

Oh yeah I remember the huge scandal when a piece of American media showed sex. :monocle:

Those fearful nights as cities were destroyed because a toilet appeared on television.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Captain Invictus posted:

The entire series is wheel spinning.

Carol will find out Jun pussed out again, take both their faces and mush them into each other.

I'd be down with the manga being Carol doing her best to get this manga to go somewhere.

Carol cuts the power to a building while Jun and Tomo are stuck in an elevator together.

Carol invites everyone camping and then abandons them in the woods. With side story of her trying to get Mizusu to like her.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

havenwaters posted:

Carol just keep trolling Jun. Thanks in advance.

drat, I wanted the full Scooby Doo with him jumping into her arms.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

havenwaters posted:

Carol's plan is still going.

Ah, so she did that stuff because Jun's too dull to lie if she asked. Now, he'll admit it, since it did happen and it scarred him for life.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Rodyle posted:

Phew, plot and relationship development narrowly, but safely, avoided

I love it. I'm looking forward to how they keep things the same in the future.

I want Mt. Fuji to turn out to be a neuralizer.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I can't wait till we get into the 1200s and Carol is literally scaring Jun's pants off of him.

darkgray posted:

Looks like they spotted the translation mistake and pulled today's strip for now. Should probably edit it out of the thread.

What's your avatar from?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Hate-Senpai posted:

And it's a flashback involving Carol!

Life is worth living again!

Tomo is so incompetent at confessing that we will continue to get flashbacks of other character's lives, finally culminating in the story of Tomo's parents fighting off that criminal organization.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

ArfJason posted:

i bhave no idea who that is

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Or how much faith she had in Tomo only to be let down despite all odds.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Mirage posted:

I can sort of see his point. If the person you fell in love with could take it or leave it, and would act exactly the same no matter how it worked out, it's not exactly great for you, is it?

Though perhaps he should have this exact conversation, you know, WITH CAROL.

I'm gonna make a shonen/ fantasy manga and that's gonna be the premise. The MC is unerringly blunt about everything. They have a crush on someone? As long as they're not in the middle of a fight, that gets brought up to them.

After fighting giant spiders with poisonous hand-shaped stingers, it's hard to go back to 'Oh no but what if they don't like me? :cry: I'm taking this crush to my death bed!'

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

No one messes with Misuzu's punching bag but her.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Inflammatory posted:

it was mutual, misuzu just got mad because she wanted to dump him first.

Guy Goodbody posted:

also, they were 8

Misuzu will remember that.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Carol's going to use the Hundred Crack Fist on her but because she has no upper body- or any, really- strength, she's just going to bounce off of Misuzu like Spongebob's bully.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

The realization that Carol is going to have to fight for her man fills her with Determination.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Carol's Stand is finally going to manifest itself.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

havenwaters posted:

Still not getting to see Carol's face.

He's going to move closer and she's going to shuffle away to the point that she's crawling on the walls.

In twenty parts we'll all have been played like a drat fiddle once we realize Fumita managed to stealthily bring Junji Ito in to draw a monstrous face on Carol.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I can't believe Carol's going to kill a classmate.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

havenwaters posted:

Kou don't gently caress this up.

I can't wait for him to gently caress it up in typical romcom fashion.

I wonder how badly he'll pull it off. Will he say he's already in an arranged marriage? Or simply go with 'I'm gay'? Maybe he'll go completely out of left field and claim to be Genghis Khan!

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

chumbler posted:

Alpha as in the main focus/incomplete and prone to failures.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

This has officially gone full Naruto; all the other characters interacting are way more interesting than the protagonists doing the same.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Hands in long sweater sleeves is such a good aesthetic.