Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

I always liked having a soldier that was big into WoW because I knew he would never, ever, cause trouble other than being a slob at most. No way was he sexually assaulting a woman or anything because lol

It always seems like a good thing, until it's not.

Being commo, most of my junior troops were shut in single guys who played video games and watched anime/cartoons to the exclusion of all else. Okay, cool. But they liked to talk about it at the shop, all the goddamn time.

So, one day in maybe 2011, I'm trying to handle a teleconference when I hear two of my idiots arguing about my little pony. I told the louder of the two that if he liked it so much, he could give a five minute speech about it at the next shift change. I naïvely thought he'd be ashamed and refrain from that level of dorky poo poo in the future.

Nope.

Next morning, dude stands up and talks about his favorite pony.

It probably reflected poorly on me as his supervisor, but it ruined his professional reputation for years after I PCS'd, and long after he became an NCO. Until the day he separated, he was known as the pony sergeant.

Lurkers, don't enlist. But if you do, don't go comm.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

I've never known someone who liked Anime who wasn't a pedophile. Not a goddamn one.

Mike-o posted:

SHAME CUBE SHAME CUBE SHAME CUBE :dogbutton:

Professor Bling posted:

i don't post much but dude i thought you were cool

1) Coast Guard
2) Lives in California

Conclusion: not cool

3) Anime

IKs please chain probate for the good of America GiP.

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

Naked Bear posted:

poo poo, if anything, being CG means that he one-upped the rest of us retards.

I might be an enlisted retard, but at least I don't like anime.

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

orange juche posted:

code:
Judge Death Enforced Laws W/ Typical Sentences

Life	 						Death

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

orange juche posted:

Nah, the Judges were not murderers. In fact, the death penalty is nonexistent in the comic book Dredd universe. You could still be killed for resisting arrest, but once you were arrested, the Judges had a legal obligation that you lived to serve out your sentence.

Notice that not one of those crimes I listed carries a death penalty.

E: gently caress, saw you were referring to Judge Death, yeah for the bizzaro Dark Judges, every crime was punishable by death.

• Locked thread