Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Welcome to Final Fantasy 4 Mafia.

This will be a mafia game for 26 players.

No job systems, no levels, no hp, nothing extra.

This will be a deviation from the formula for my FF games to this point in that there's no extra systems or mechanics at all.

There are three alignments in this game.

Scum has been provided with fakeclaims and a sample role pm.

As in previous incarnations there will be story events.

Once your choice has been made in story events your vote cannot change.
Please bold them to have them count.

2 per game day.

1. Absurd RevolverLumpen
  2. Ahab Itualliar
  3. Asiina
  4. Bifauxnen
  5. CCKeane
  6. chaoslord
  7. Dick Bastardly
  8. Enola Gay-For-PayTMMadman
  9. GulagDolls
  10. IllegallySober
  11. Infinitum
  12. Jonathan Fisk
  13. Kashuno
  14. King Burgundy
  15. Little Mac
  16. Mithross
  17. Moatillata
  18. Murmur Twin
  19. Pander
  20. peramene
  21. Pussy QuippedAnomalous Amalgam
  22. Quidthulhu
  23. Rarity
  24. The Science of Suck
  25. this is a stickup
  26. Tobbs Gnawed

CapitalistPig fucked around with this message at 20:11 on Mar 7, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Kashuno posted:

No extra mechanics but still story encounters.

interesting.

I don't consider story counters extra because they are integral to these games and also I have used story events in many games of mafia so they aren't abnormal.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Kashuno posted:

Oh no I meant more like interested in seeing what happens with them this time

Oh yeah it will be fun. I'm not spilling the beans until after the first event though.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

King Burgundy posted:

Ok, can I please be town this time?

If this is what rngesus wills then it will be so.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Pander posted:

Hi I'm a person here to play some mafia.

:vince:

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
I saw 10 new posts and was like YESSS filled up already.

But alas

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Ahab you gently caress you dont have pms

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Cant send out role pms until Ahab gives me an email address or gets plat

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Pussy Quipped posted:

He has the little grenade thingy so doesnt that mean he has plat? Are his PMs full?

no its not the box full message its the "User has chosen not to recieve pms" thing

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
after my thing i have at 3pm ill send out what role pms i can

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
welp 3pm thing cancelled ill start now.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

King Burgundy posted:

Isn't Ahab someone's alt account? Who is it? Just send it to that.

If I knew that id just do it

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
And so, the dark knight Cecil was stripped of his command as the captain of the Red Wings. He and the master dragoon Kain head toward the dark valley for the village of Mist. The advent of the airship marked the realization of Baron's dreams, but also the birth of its militarism. With its Royal Air Force Red Wings, Baron soon reigned supreme. Now, as monsters multiply and stir unrest, Baron only exploits its power to collect the world's Crystals. Why? The Crystals silently shed their light...

It is now Day 1!

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Cecil and Kain head towards the Cave of Mist. On the way they meet a travelling merchant.
The merchant offers his wares "Dream pies, dream pies! Only 2 gil!"

A.) Buy 1 and have Cecil Eat it.
B.) Buy 2 and have Cecil and Kain eat one
C.) Buy 1 and have Kain Eat it
D.) Buy 10 and have Cecil eat them all.
Deadline for this is 6Pm Eastern

Once votes are locked in they are locked in.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Lumpen Replaces Absurd revolver!

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Kain looked at Cecil expectantly and the Merchant smiled.
Cecil shrugged and shoved a mass of gil into the Merchant's hands.
"Give me 10"
The Merchant's eyes widened and he smiled even bigger.
"Of course good sir! Enjoy!"
Kain looked at Cecil and held out his hand but Cecil was too busy stuffing all the pies down his gullet, before Kain could react Cecil had eaten all 10!
"Really Cecil?"
Cecil just smiled wide bits of pie falling from his helmet.
The Merchant stared openmouthed.
"Uh, I wasn't expecting that, well, enjoy the trip!"
He then pulled his cart away towards Baron.
Kain turned towards the wagon as it sped away.
"Wait trip?"
They continued towards The Mist cave and Cecil's pupils became smaller like pinpoints.
"Cecil are you ok?"

Cecil began seeing approaching goblins everywhere.

"TO ARMS KAIN!!"

The two fought off wave after wave of a Goblin horde for hours

"The King must be warned! There are more goblins than I've ever seen!"

The two ducked into a cave to avoid them.

In the cave Cecil thought they were safe but then more goblins tunnelled out of the walls and attacked!

They fought them off while working their way through and Suddenly a dragon was leading the goblins!

"Quick Kain, slay the dragon!"

The two worked to defeat the beast and exited the cave on the other side.

Cecil approached a village when suddenly there was a massive explosion!

Goblins came out of the flames led by a massive Titan!

The Titan quickly overwhelmed them and everything went dark....."

No one receives any boons.

Next event tomorrow when i wake up.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Cecil slowly came out of the fog and awoke at an inn. A young girl with green hair was sitting next to him sulking.
"Oh, you're awake now."

"I'm sorry who are you what happened to Kain? And the goblins? Did I see a giant somewhere?"

The girl looked at him incredulously.

"Goblins? What the hell are you talking about? You and your friend came through the tunnel after destroying my mother's dragon, the protector of our village, Mist. You sprinted into town with a wild look in your eyes yelling about goblins and attacking trees and shrubbery with your sword and basically stabbing anyone that got near you while your friend just kept his distance. He was holding a package and when he got to the center of town it exploded destroying my village and my entire life. I confronted you and summoned forth Titan to destroy you. I think you were on dream Pies, more than I've ever seen anyone on to be that disconnected with reality."

Cecil's heart was heavy, had the king of baron sent him there to destroy the summoners and their village?

"I....I'm sorry, My name is Cecil and my king, the king of Baron, sent me here to deliver that package because I questioned him.I feel awful and I will make it up to you in any way I can."

The girl glared.

"Are you serious?! You're lucky I dragged you to this inn!"

She was interrupted by a group of soldiers from Baron storming into the inn.

"By order of the King of Baron I order you to hand over the summoner and return to Baron for Judgement!"

Cecil was tired of the King's evil behavior, he used to be a good man but something had happened and he had been abandoned and sent to die while destroying an entire village. Enough was enough, if he was to appear sincere and protect this summoner, the last of her kind, he had to make a stand.

"No, I will not let you take this girl, Baron has done enough and I will oppose it or die trying."

"Very well traitorous scum DIE!"

A. Grab The girl and run
B. Face the soldiers attacking them with your powers as a dark knight.
C. Decide you should just give up after all and hand the girl over.
D. Try to talk the soldiers into joining you and abandoning Baron.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Cecil makes short work of the Soldiers and makes a vow to oppose Baron from this point forward.

The young girl sees what he did for her.

"My... my name is Rydia, I see that you are sincere in wanting to repent and I will not , as I had first planned, kill you in your sleep."

"Thank you Rydia, Let's go we have to find allies."

The pair explored the town of Kaipo in the desert, where they now found themselves.

They discovered that Cecil's girlfriend Rosa was unconscious with sand fever in the back room of one of the houses there!!

The inhabitants told them only a sand ruby could cure her desert fever.

Cecil and Rydia set off through the caves in the north to Damycan to learn where to get one.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
A mysterious benefit has occured for someone!

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
I'll post the flip when I get home. Twilight til then shitposting only until flip.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Cecil and Rydia travelled north through the caves and inside meet an old Sage named Tellah who asks their help in dealing with a monster and he is also on his way to Damycan.
On the way they see one of the red wingsships that has landed and a dark figure, the new leader of the red wings Golbez. He was by a tree in the woods going to the bathroom up against a tree.

Cecil and Rydia sneak up behind him and tie his shoelaces together and scoot away giggling.

Golbez trips backwards and his unhelmeted noggin hits a tree branch and he dies.

peramene - Golbez - Lunarian Aligned was killed on day 1.

quote:

CapitalistPig wrote on Feb 17, 2017 3:11 PM:
"You are Golbez

http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Golbez

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
It is night 1!

Actions in by 11pm tomorrow.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
The three continued on and slew the beast blocking the way, some big octopus creature.

When they emerged from the cave The red wing fleet flew overhead bombarding them, In their mad rush to flee from the onslaught Cecil's sword flew from his hand and slew Tellah!

IllegallySober - Tellah the Sage - Blue Planet Aligned was killed on Night 1!

quote:

CapitalistPig wrote on Feb 17, 2017 3:09 PM:
"You are Tellah

http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Tellah

You are blue planet aligned and win when you eliminate all threats to Earth.

You begin the game with three basic spells.

Scan - 1 shot Cop
Cura - 1 Shot Doc(useable on self)
Sleep- 1 Shot Roleblock

Once the events reach the top of Mt. Ordeal you will remember your spells, this will recharge your shots of each spell as well as adding a new spell.

Meteor - You may expend all three shots of your other spells to cast meteor, this spell will go through every living player left in the game, there will be a 20% chance that each player will be killed by meteor including you."

Cecil and Rydia made a dash for the forest and Cecil found the body of a slain mysidian, he remembered the poor girl from his visit there to releive them of their crystal. Cecil bowed his head in shame and the two continued toward Damycan.

Tobbs Gnawed - Porom the White Mage - Blue Planet Aligned was killed on night 1!

quote:

CapitalistPig wrote on Feb 17, 2017 3:10 PM:
"You are Porom

http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Porom

Cry - Once Per Game you may cry and make your enemies feel sorry for you, this will allow you to make a Twin attack with Palom the following night.

Twin - Once per Game If properly set up you and Porom may use a twin attack making one of several different things happen randomly to a target of your choosing.

1.Pyroblast - Target is Roleblocked
2.Comet - Target is Jailed
3.Twin Meteor - Target is Killed

In addition you are confirmed Blue Planet aligned with your twin brother Palom and are in a masonry together.

Its Day 2!

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Cecil and Rydia , now Tellahless, head onward into Damycan castle, as soon as they enter the red wings attack! By the time they get through the castle to the throne room it is too late, most are dead and there is a young man with a harp crying over the body of a young woman.

The man looks up

"You used to be the leader of the red wings weren't you? I suppose it doesn't matter now you already have your crystal just leave me to my misery."

"I am Cecil, and yes , I was, but I have LUMPEN LUMPEN LUMPENLUMPEN LUMPEN LUMPENLUMPEN LUMPEN LUMPENLUMPEN LUMPEN LUMPENLUMPEN LUMPEN LUMPENLUMPEN LUMPEN LUMPENLUMPEN LUMPEN LUMPENLUMPEN LUMPEN LUMPENLUMPEN LUMPEN LUMPENLUMPEN LUMPEN LUMPENLUMPEN LUMPEN LUMPENLUMPEN LUMPEN LUMPENLUMPEN LUMPEN LUMPENLUMPEN LUMPEN LUMPENLUMPEN LUMPEN LUMPENLUMPEN LUMPEN LUMPENLUMPEN LUMPEN LUMPENLUMPEN LUMPEN LUMPENLUMPEN LUMPEN LUMPENLUMPEN LUMPEN LUMPENLUMPEN LUMPEN LUMPENLUMPEN LUMPEN LUMPENLUMPEN LUMPEN LUMPENLUMPEN LUMPEN LUMPENLUMPEN LUMPEN LUMPENLUMPEN LUMPEN LUMPENLUMPEN LUMPEN LUMPENLUMPEN LUMPEN LUMPENLUMPEN LUMPEN LUMPENLUMPEN LUMPEN LUMPENLUMPEN LUMPEN LUMPENLUMPEN LUMPEN LUMPENLUMPEN LUMPEN LUMPENLUMPEN LUMPEN LUMPENLUMPEN LUMPEN LUMPENLUMPEN LUMPEN LUMPENLUMPEN LUMPEN LUMPENLUMPEN LUMPEN LUMPENLUMPEN LUMPEN LUMPENLUMPEN LUMPEN LUMPENLUMPEN LUMPEN LUMPENLUMPEN LUMPEN LUMPENLUMPEN LUMPEN LUMPEN:siren: Renounced :siren: LUMPEN LUMPEN LUMPEN LUMPEN LUMPEN LUMPENLUMPEN LUMPEN LUMPENLUMPEN LUMPEN LUMPENLUMPEN LUMPEN LUMPENLUMPEN LUMPEN LUMPENLUMPEN LUMPEN LUMPENLUMPEN LUMPEN LUMPENLUMPEN LUMPEN LUMPENLUMPEN LUMPEN LUMPENLUMPEN LUMPEN LUMPENLUMPEN LUMPEN LUMPENLUMPEN LUMPEN LUMPENLUMPEN LUMPEN LUMPENLUMPEN LUMPEN LUMPENLUMPEN LUMPEN LUMPENLUMPEN LUMPEN LUMPENLUMPEN LUMPEN LUMPENLUMPEN LUMPEN LUMPENLUMPEN LUMPEN LUMPENLUMPEN LUMPEN LUMPENLUMPEN LUMPEN LUMPENLUMPEN LUMPEN LUMPENLUMPEN LUMPEN LUMPENLUMPEN LUMPEN LUMPENLUMPEN LUMPEN LUMPENLUMPEN LUMPEN LUMPENLUMPEN LUMPEN LUMPENLUMPEN LUMPEN LUMPENLUMPEN LUMPEN LUMPENLUMPEN LUMPEN LUMPENLUMPEN LUMPEN LUMPENLUMPEN LUMPEN LUMPENLUMPEN LUMPEN LUMPENLUMPEN LUMPEN LUMPENLUMPEN LUMPEN LUMPENLUMPEN LUMPEN LUMPENLUMPEN LUMPEN LUMPENLUMPEN LUMPEN LUMPENLUMPEN LUMPEN LUMPENLUMPEN LUMPEN LUMPENLUMPEN LUMPEN LUMPENLUMPEN LUMPEN LUMPENLUMPEN LUMPEN LUMPENLUMPEN LUMPEN LUMPENLUMPEN LUMPEN LUMPENLUMPEN LUMPEN LUMPENLUMPEN LUMPEN LUMPENLUMPEN LUMPEN LUMPENLUMPEN LUMPEN LUMPENLUMPEN LUMPEN LUMPENLUMPEN LUMPEN LUMPENLUMPEN LUMPEN LUMPENLUMPEN LUMPEN LUMPENLUMPEN LUMPEN LUMPENLUMPEN LUMPEN LUMPENLUMPEN LUMPEN LUMPENLUMPEN LUMPEN LUMPENLUMPEN LUMPEN LUMPENLUMPEN LUMPEN LUMPENLUMPEN LUMPEN LUMPENLUMPEN LUMPEN LUMPENLUMPEN LUMPEN LUMPENLUMPEN LUMPEN LUMPEN Baron and I now oppose the king and seek to stop him. My girlfriend Rosa is sick with desert fever and I must get a sand ruby!"

"Oh, I think I see why you came here, you'll have to go east and north to the cave of the antlion, it secretes the sand rubies when it lays its eggs."

"Thank you, What is your name?"

"I am Edward, prince, I suppose king now, of Damycan. I want to go with yout though, I need to be brave, I've been a coward my whole life and now my precious Anna has died. You will need my help in the cave of the Antlion, let's go."

So the trio set out for the Antlion cave, on the way though, they ran into a strange man, he was old and ragged and was sitting next to a cart with a table set up and there was a crystal ball in the middle of the table.

The man spoke.

"I am a teller of fortunes and you look like agents of fate and destiny, if anyone needs my readings it is you, but only one of you may partake hmm, who shall it be?"

A. Cecil
B. Rydia
C. Edward
D. Learn the art of necromancy and come back with Tellah as a zombie.

CapitalistPig fucked around with this message at 19:08 on Feb 21, 2017

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Lumpen posted:

I think the word you were looking for was "renounced".

I pick C.

Correct me again and I'll modkill you.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
1 more hour of event voting

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Try as they might they did not successfully learn necromancy so the chance at seeing the fortune teller was missed.
They did however awaken things , things that would come to bite them.

All Fiend Aligned Players regain their usage of "Once per game" abilities if they have them.

CapitalistPig fucked around with this message at 23:47 on Feb 22, 2017

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
The trio , filled with renewed hope, continued on toward the cave. Inside they fought through hordes of strange creatures and finally made it to the Antlion's lair.

"Don't worry, the Antlion is majestic and peaceful." Edward said as he strode forward.

Just then, The Antlion attacked him.

QUICK!

A.) Charge Forward and attack!
B.) Try to Get a Sand Ruby and escape without harming the Antlion, but risk edward being eaten.
C.) Grab Edward, Leave, and try to find another way to cure Rosa.
D.) Let Edward get eaten, then go outside and roll around in the sand so everyone can get desert fever.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Deadline for event votes is 5PM

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
You Charge forward and face the Antlion head on quickly slaying the beast.

After it is done you feel a sense of dread and hear laughter in the back of your minds.

With sand ruby in tow you set back out for Kaipo to save Rosa.

All Lunarian Aligned Players regain their usage of "Once per game" abilities if they have them.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
:siren: :siren: :siren: :siren: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3810023&pagenumber=29&perpage=40#post469644442 :siren: :siren: :siren: :siren:

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
The three arrived in the nick of time and saved Rosa. Sadly however, in the desert, a sand pit opened up and swallowed Rydia.

MMT - Rydia The Summoner - Blue Planet Aligned was killed on Day 2!

quote:

CapitalistPig wrote on Feb 17, 2017 3:10 PM:
"You are Rydia

http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Rydia

Summon - Once per game you may use summon to summon a creature randomly on your target.
You begin with only Chocobo but as time moves on, the stronger your options become.
The following numbers are the night you use summon and the names are what summons you have the chance of using.

1. Chocobo
2. Chocobo, Mist Dragon
3. Chocobo, Mist Dragon, Ifrit, Shiva, Ramuh
4. Chocobo, Mist Dragon, Ifrit, Shiva, Ramuh, Titan
5. Chocobo, Mist Dragon, Ifrit, Shiva, Ramuh, Titan, Odin

Odin is the final summon available so subsequent nights will be the same.

Chocobo = Busdrive (if this is chosen randomly you will be asked for a second target)
Mist Dragon = Roleblock
Ifrit= If the target has a night ability, they will have that ability go off on a random target instead of their initially chosen one, if the target has no ability or chooses not to use it that night then nothing happens.
Shiva = Jail
Ramuh= target becomes a lightning rod that night
Titan= Roleblocks the target and two more random targets
Odin= Unstoppable kill

There are three other Eidolons that may become available, three players are Asura, Leviathan, and Bahamut.
If any of those three players die, you will add them to your list of summons automatically. Those summons may then be used directly instead of relying on randomness.

Asura will protect you and the target to be protected from kills
Leviathan will cause a tidal wave to crash into the game giving each living player a 10% chance to be killed
Bahamat will cause the target to hide for the night, any night actions targeting them will fail and the people visiting them with those actions will be broadcast to the thread the following day."

Its night 2.

REMINDER Blue planet aligned did not get their once per games reset, it was actually Fiend Aligned.

Deadline for night actions 9PM Eastern tomorrow.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
TMM has replaced Enola Gay for pay

AA has replaced Pussy Quipped

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
The New trio headed toward Mt. Hobs so they could warn the kingdom of Fabul about the crystals being
After mourning Rydia they came to the base of the mountain, The way was blocked by Huge pillars of ice.

"Oh no! We need to melt through this ice but how?"

While they thought about it the red wings flew by and dropped a body at the base of the mountain.

"M..... Mom? MOTHER!" cried Rosa.

CCKeane - Joanna - Blue Planet Aligned was killed on N2!

quote:

CapitalistPig wrote on Feb 17, 2017 3:08 PM:
"You are the Joanna

http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Joanna_Farrell

You are blue planet aligned and win when you eliminate all threats to Earth."

It is now Day 3!

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
The three of them sat around trying to figure out ways past the ice after Rosa finished mourning her mother.

They brainstorm and come up with a few ideas.

a.) Go back and see if you can find some Bomb fragments
b.) Try to get the attention of the red wings to bombard you and hope it hits the ice
c.) swim across the ocean to the other side of mount hobs
d.) Use Rosa'a Mom like a club and pound your way through the ice.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
8 more minutes until event is done.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Though rosa protested, Cecil and edward took the body of joanna and began to beat at the ice with it.

After about 10 hours they finally broke through as Rosa sat and cried softly.

NO ONES ABILITIES RESET

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
the group ventured up mt hobs where they met Yang, the high monk of Fabul, fighting against monsters!

A.) Assist the high monk
B.) Ignore him and continue
C.) Side with the monsters and kill the monk.
D.) Fight both groups.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
They intervene on behalf of the monk and then they have a cutscene about how it's super important to go to Fabul very quickly.
Then Yang joins the party.

Blue Planet aligned players have had "once per Game" abilities refreshed.

No one was Lynched on day 3!

It is night 3.

(yes this is correct)

• Locked thread