Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Datasmurf
Jan 19, 2009

Carpe Noctem
Seeing that beast Blissey posted makes me sad that the only Chansey I've seen since July was a cp18 one I caught at work the day the Valentine event started. At least I've stocked up on Ledybas. "Yay".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Datasmurf
Jan 19, 2009

Carpe Noctem
Do we know if Murkrow is any good yet? Three spawned here within a couple of minutes. One at 750 (above average) and two over 1k (caught my attention) cp. They're near the arc bottom for me at lvl 27, so I'm not sure how viable they'd be in gyms.

Datasmurf
Jan 19, 2009

Carpe Noctem
e: nvm, I'll just borrow someone's phone instead.

Datasmurf fucked around with this message at 17:37 on Feb 23, 2017

Datasmurf
Jan 19, 2009

Carpe Noctem

Entropist posted:

I still have not seen any Larvitar, or Tyranitar, not even in gyms. I'm starting to suspect they are an American region exclusive or something...
No Mareep-line either.

Nah, I'm following a Norwegian Pokémon GO-thread, and at least two guys there have posted screenshots of their Larvitars caught in Norway, so there's hope for us, at least.

Datasmurf
Jan 19, 2009

Carpe Noctem
Got one metal coat or whatever, from the "guaranteed" 7th day spin, before they removed it. Not so lucky with my eggs, though. Sandshrews, psyducks, and tentacool en masse, and gligars from my 10ks. If I didn't already have a wonder which seems to max out at just around 1k cp, it'd be great.

Datasmurf
Jan 19, 2009

Carpe Noctem

Psion posted:

I've noticed since gen2 started spawning, tauroses basically never spawn. :rip: anyone who wants a regional pokemon now, I guess?

They used to be all over the place here. Anyone from other regions see the same with Farfetchd and Mr. Mine and so on?

Mimes are suddenly all over, with all the ledybas, spinaraks, and murkrows here.

Middle of Bumfuck, Nowhere (Norway):
Common gen2: Ledyba, Spinarak, Murkrow, Swinub, Hoothoot, Natu, Chinchou, Teddiursa, Wooper
Uncommon: Sentret, Marill, Hoppip, Snubbull, Gligar, Aipom, Chikorita, Misdreavous
Rare: Everything else.

Datasmurf
Jan 19, 2009

Carpe Noctem
I'm so tired of getting Gligars. Over half of my 10ks hatch them.

Datasmurf
Jan 19, 2009

Carpe Noctem

Sanford posted:

I'll swap you for one of my several million Pinecos or Skarmorys.

Deal. At least for the pinecos. Skarmorys are uncommon spawns here, so I see a couple every week. And I hatch some of them too. I'd rather have 10 cones than another gligar.

Datasmurf
Jan 19, 2009

Carpe Noctem
Finally, after waiting / walking since mid August last year, I got my Dragonite. And it ended up with Steel Wing / Outrage. It feels like a useless moveset, but I have no idea. Is it usable for anything?

Datasmurf
Jan 19, 2009

Carpe Noctem

Sebadoh Gigante posted:

What IV/CP? If it's high enough just stick it in a gym.

From what I remember it's a wonder with impressive stats and barely 2k CP. Seems to be 14/14/11.
I've just been doing gyms now and then as a novelty when teaching my father the other aspect of the game (so far he's been content with just leveling and filling out his dex (we went to the US and got Tauros last year, woop)).

Also had the weirdest dream. That I evolved my 2,7k Gyarados into a Pineco with 250 CP, and then into the other cone with 75 CP. I was so disappointed.

Water event was fun, but so and so. Mostly got poliwags and remoraids. Did a couple of lures that got me 2 more poliwags and the rest lovely remoraids. At least I got an octopus out of it (and that green guy out of one of my poliwhirls).

At least I got about halfway for another Gyarados, but no shinies. GG living in rural bumfuck, nowhere, I guess. Doesn't matter if it's a city, if it only has 14 stops all over. Even went to the big city without really seeing much fun.

Datasmurf
Jan 19, 2009

Carpe Noctem

Sebadoh Gigante posted:

It sounds like it's level 20 now, do it should take about 66 candy to get it to 30, or just over 3000 CP which is great for sticking that dragonite in a gym, regardless of move set.
Okay, I'll do that. If I ever see more dratinis. I could just walk it, but I have others to walk to complete EU first gen.

Datasmurf
Jan 19, 2009

Carpe Noctem
Man, my GPS has been freaking out today. The last two hours I've spent 5 mins where I am, and the rest wandering around the municipality. The highway, the river, the fjord, the forest, and downtown. Hatched 3 more Gligars and a Lapras, so at least something came out of it.

Datasmurf
Jan 19, 2009

Carpe Noctem
Hatched another batch of 10ks. 5 Gligars, one Mantine, and 2 sucky Skarmorys. :|

WTB something good from 10k eggs.

Datasmurf
Jan 19, 2009

Carpe Noctem
Haven't really had any luck with my 2k hatches so far.

Hatched 5 (and a couple 10ks after walking 12 kms the other day). Got a Krabby, a Nidoran f, a Nidoran M, a Sandshrew, a Houndour (only good thing from the 2ks).

At least the 10ks gave me my 5th Lapras and the elusive Aerodactyl. Now if I could only get a Hitmonlee so I can finish the EU dex.

Datasmurf
Jan 19, 2009

Carpe Noctem
True, but at least I could find one out there, somewhere. If I'm lucky. Right?

Datasmurf
Jan 19, 2009

Carpe Noctem
Woo! 2 wonder-Grimers, a Tangela, a Phanpy, and a Koffing. Finally something I want from eggs.

Datasmurf
Jan 19, 2009

Carpe Noctem
Ha ha, I'm glad my father isn't too open about his PoGo habits. He does play a lot on his way to and from work and meetings, though. Funny that it was originally my mother that started playing, but she burnt out in a couple of days, but my father took over and has been addicted since August.

I still see more grown-ups in the age range of 50 - 65 play this game than kids. Loads of 30-somethings too.

Datasmurf
Jan 19, 2009

Carpe Noctem
Hatched only one Gligar and went from 28 to almost 30. Finally got a Chansey and an Aerodactyl, and enough Grimers to get a Muk the next time I evolve something, so overall I'm happy.

Datasmurf
Jan 19, 2009

Carpe Noctem
Hatched two 10ks, got a sheep and a Porygon. Finally enough candy to use one of the many upgrades I've been getting.

Still no dragon scale or sun stone, though.

Datasmurf
Jan 19, 2009

Carpe Noctem
Looking forward to this. I'll be walking my Charmander in the hopes that I'll finally get a Charizard, one of the few mons I miss for gen 1 completion.
And then my Graveler and my Omanyte. And probably my Blissey last. Or the Dragonite or the Snorlax. Who knows. But at least going to get myself a Charizard.

Datasmurf
Jan 19, 2009

Carpe Noctem
"Pokémon GO Adventure Week celebration from 1:00 P.M. PDT on May 18 to 1:00 P.M. PDT on May 25, 2017."

Datasmurf
Jan 19, 2009

Carpe Noctem
Saw a Larvitar pop up, hit it, and "Error". Yeehaw. At least I caught the Rattata that spawned in his place. -_-

Datasmurf
Jan 19, 2009

Carpe Noctem
Been getting a fat load of geodudes. Gone from 35 candy to 135. Still haven't gotten a geodude worth keeping, though. Same with slugs and omanyte.

Datasmurf
Jan 19, 2009

Carpe Noctem
Yay! Hatched 6 2 km eggs at the same time!

Boo! The result:

-_-

Datasmurf
Jan 19, 2009

Carpe Noctem

GonSmithe posted:

Hey Digletts are super rare that's a good hatch

Not to me. I keep getting them, and other supposedly rare stuff. Got to dugtrios, not really interested in another. :P
Had kinda hoped for some starters. I want my Charizard, but that's hard when I've only seen and caught 5 Charmanders since July. Been walking this little champ on and off for some time.

Datasmurf
Jan 19, 2009

Carpe Noctem
I'm almost tempted to. Went for a 6 km walk. App up all the time. Phone in my hand et cetera. Caught pokémon just fine (almost no rocks, grounds, or fossils, though, just loads of good, o'l birds and bugs). Full 4G and GPS the entire time. No spinning white ball, and not a meter tracked for my buddy or my eggs. -_-

Datasmurf
Jan 19, 2009

Carpe Noctem
Still no larvitars. Asked around in the local Facebook group, noone else have seen one either. Using scanners nets me just a fat load of geodudes and fossils.

Datasmurf
Jan 19, 2009

Carpe Noctem
Woop, finally finished my gen 1 dex for Europe and the US.

Got the last candies needed for my Charizard, and decided to finally evolve my Gravelers, Omanytes, and the one Tyrogue that became a Hitmonlee.

Now I either need to continue dreaming about seeing a pinecone, a larvitar, and some dark dogs, or jump on a plane to South America, Asia and Australia, I guess.

Datasmurf
Jan 19, 2009

Carpe Noctem
Yeah. I went to the US for 2 weeks last Autumn, and only saw and got Taurus on my last day.

Datasmurf
Jan 19, 2009

Carpe Noctem
When they turn off gyms for a time, do you still continue to earn coins, or does it go away?

Datasmurf
Jan 19, 2009

Carpe Noctem
I was already sick of Ponytas, Growlithes, Swinubs, Shellders, Vulpixes, Jynxes and others like them before the event. I just want more Cyndaquils and Houndours, but of course most of what I see is Ponyta, Growlithe, Swinub, and Shellder.

Datasmurf
Jan 19, 2009

Carpe Noctem
This sounds rad as hell. I can't wait! :D

Datasmurf
Jan 19, 2009

Carpe Noctem

Picayune posted:

It's always been a thing (since the start of Gen 2, anyway) but it's only a very few pokes that do it. Wobbuffet and Sneasel are the only two that I can think of offhand, although there are probably others.

Yeah, female Pikachus have a "heart-shaped" tail.

Datasmurf
Jan 19, 2009

Carpe Noctem
I have no idea how many Cyndaquils and Houndours I've caught this event, but it's over 100 of both, and none of them have an IV over 72.

I just want a wonder Typhlosion and Houndoom …

Datasmurf
Jan 19, 2009

Carpe Noctem
I really enjoy this update. Especially the ability to get 500 more space in the inventory, but also the gyms, new medals, and finally a use for nanab berries. Now if only there were more people here that weren't mystic, so the gyms I stuck my mons in would see some battle, that'd be great. At least I can level up my gym badges by spamming berries.

Oh, and the map for where the gyms you have mons in is very handy.

Datasmurf
Jan 19, 2009

Carpe Noctem
Seeing as I almost never got into a gym before the update, spending all my hundreds of berries on boosting mons is quite handy. Better than wasting pokeballs on catching all the murkrows, ledybas, and swinubs which are all over, anyway.

Datasmurf
Jan 19, 2009

Carpe Noctem
Yeah, someone in our local facebook group see them in the shop, and she's lvl 32. While I'm at lvl 31 and can't see them.

Datasmurf
Jan 19, 2009

Carpe Noctem
Had fun tonight. It was raining dogs and cats outside, so my sister and I drove around with some other Mystics for 3 hours just taking down the few Instincts that popped up, berried and reinforced the other gyms. Currently have pokémons in 9 out of the 11 gyms here. And halfway to silver on three gyms, so that's cool.

Datasmurf
Jan 19, 2009

Carpe Noctem
I wanted to go to a Machamp raid today, but it's on the graveyard of one of our churches, and even if I'm not religious, it didn't really feel right to stand on top of the graves duking it out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Datasmurf
Jan 19, 2009

Carpe Noctem
I used to see Eevees all over, but for the last 6 months haven't seen many, and when I do, they have lovely IVs and CP, so I just trash them. I almost long for the days when I got them in 10 km eggs. Rather a good eevee than another gligar or mantine.

• Locked thread