Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

Hit 100% completion and got the last of the trophies last night. More content can't come soon enough, I loved everything about this game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

Nien posted:

I really liked this game. This is a good game. It suffers on the story and character front compared to Witcher but you are going to get that when the opposition have been gifted a world and flawed interesting characters by a popular writer. Looks just as good though.

Honestly I've tried to play every Witcher game but the world and characters are what turn me off every time. Especially Geralt.

I loved Horizon's story and Aloy. :shrug:

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

History Comes Inside! posted:

It'll probably be on PSNow someday and that'll be available on PC

So technically the answer is "eventually maybe but only on a lovely streaming service"

They did just recently announce PS4 games are coming to PS Now this year. So there's hope!

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

I dunno about story stuff but I didn't run into any blocked scenes when I was streaming general roaming around and side missions for a few hours.

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

lol yep, I did exactly the same thing.

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

Awesome news!

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

Wendell posted:

New Game + comes with two new trophies? Does that mean I'm not platinum anymore??

While I haven't checked for myself, I saw someone say they were added as DLC trophies so you keep your platinum.

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

https://kotaku.com/sources-horizon-zero-dawn-is-coming-to-pc-1841043569

quote:

Sources: Horizon: Zero Dawn Is Coming To PC

Eyud fucked around with this message at 23:11 on Jan 16, 2020

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

Hell yeah can't wait to play this again

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

Riot Carol Danvers posted:

This is the only game I ever went through and 100%ed, it's that good. The story is so compelling and the setting so interesting, and I'm so glad I went in blind. I bought it when I was house sitting for a friend for a week and I didn't have school, so I did nothing but play and the only reason I bought it in the first place was "robot dinosaurs".

Yeah! I had just picked up a PS4 for Gran Turismo and some other stuff but I saw HZD in the PS store and thought hmm that looks pretty cool, guess I'll check it out. Hadn't heard a single thing about it before playing it and it turned out to be one of my favorite games ever.

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

gently caress it looks amazing

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

I hope it comes out before 2022 so I don't have to choose between this and Homeworld 3 for GOTY

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

Big news about Horizon Forbidden West

Obeah posted:

Update for posters w/ lives just joining in.

:siren:Primer/Refresher for Anyone Interested:siren:

This is/was an admin and marketing consultant for SA who, for a time, lived with Lowtax after meeting him during the collapse of his previous marriage.

She retracted her claims, though the veracity of this retraction is... suspect for a variety of reasons.

Warning: very uncomfortable video.
https://www.facebook.com/1503357396/videos/10216979537629666/

:siren:UPDATE: To the surprise of no one anywhere, it turns out Logan was coerced into her retraction.:siren:

I've been dunking on the mod/admin team a lot, but kudos to the ones who actually used their resources to help her, Literally a Bird in particular.

Another major issue regarding Lowtax and the administration's attitudes towards domestic violence are the unhealthy relationships Lowtax has had with the women in his life over the years, and his constant shifting of blame anytime anything relating to them comes to the forum's attention. Perhaps the most damning examples are the very, very recent (as of this year) abuse claims and custody issues Lowtax has been contending with.

Lowtax posted a large thread detailing his side of the story. Anyone looking to question him was... not treated well. The same went for anyone donating to the GoFundMe of his wife (well-liked user LadyAmbien), who had taken refuge in a women's shelter.

And the lengthier reports here:

https://twitter.com/H3yY0000/status/1276000545451446273

https://twitter.com/H3yY0000/status/1276000546902749185

https://twitter.com/H3yY0000/status/1276000548341374979

When goons finally came to their senses and were free to wonder what the gently caress was up with this bullshit, mods/admins involved had the following things to say.

Look, a primary part of why we probated and banned people for contesting Lowtax's claims of a wife conspiracy were to protect those wives' right to privacy in the thread where their abusive ex-husband repeatedly and confidently posted details regarding their private lives and legal stituation.

And Burt's very respectable response!

It is not yet apparent if the forums will be deleted, censored, sold, or handed over. Existing offsites, discord groups, etc. are popping in to welcome new people. New ones are being created. There isn't much consensus as to which of these are the most likely or preferable outcomes. A lot of us are just wanting to say our peace and will play it by ear afterwards. I expect to be banned in all likelihood.

Do what you want. My advice is this: unsubscribe from Lowtax's patreon, stop spending money on the forums completely and most importantly:

:siren: Donate! To RAINN! :siren:

https://donate.rainn.org/donate
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3929249

All of this brought to you by

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

So happy to be playing this game again, I played all day yesterday and will probably play all day today too. I know some people are having legitimate issues with the PC version but also there sure are a lot of hardware obsessed dorks just mad A CONSOLE GAME won’t run at 144 fps at 4k with every setting maxed out. Sad!

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

Honestly it’s been the opposite of disappointing for me, I was a little worried since I saw the complaints before launch but I’ve had one crash in ~12 hours and zero other issues.

Time to get out of bed and get my rear end to Meridian!

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

Elizabet mentions it during the meeting with the joint chiefs, one of them is like "if we just upgrade our swarm..." and she tells him using their own machines won't work because the rogue swarm is an apex predator when it comes to hacking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

Just waiting for Elon to announce his new warbot company now