Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Unreal_One
Aug 18, 2010

Now you know how I don't like to use the sit-down gun, but this morning we just don't have time for mucking about.

I always specced hunter bow for damage, sharpshot pure tear. Tearblast arrows are the main use of the sharpshot bow outside of humans, which you one shot anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unreal_One
Aug 18, 2010

Now you know how I don't like to use the sit-down gun, but this morning we just don't have time for mucking about.

Phobophilia posted:

Thought I wish it was possible to build an aesthetic from magnetic field lines.

Krispy Kreme managed!

Unreal_One
Aug 18, 2010

The Lone Badger posted:

Has a PC version been announced yet? It's got to come eventually, right?

Right?

Guerilla games is a subsidiary of Sony, sooooo

Unreal_One
Aug 18, 2010

Skwirl posted:

Outside of literally every videogame ever that's not how boomerangs work and I realize how insane it is to complain about "physics" in a game where you can kill a robot T-Rex with a bow and arrow but they would drastically have to change the rest of combat so a boomerang is neither not that useful or incredibly overpowered.

FTFY

Unreal_One
Aug 18, 2010

Kojima Productions ain't owned by Sony, Guerrilla is.

Unreal_One
Aug 18, 2010

Only a handful of weapons are from quests, you 100% should just buy anything that looks good.

Unreal_One fucked around with this message at 19:36 on Jun 25, 2020

Unreal_One
Aug 18, 2010

I think 12 is fine, but I'd like to be able to just set each ammo type to a slot, regardless of weapon.

Unreal_One
Aug 18, 2010

chaosapiant posted:

Has Horizon already been stated to be a trilogy?

The only way there isn't a third game is if, somehow, 2 fails catastrophically, which is unlikely given how much sales of sequels are based on how good the previous game was.

Unreal_One
Aug 18, 2010

Colonel Whitey posted:

Hi Horizon goons, I've been playing this for a few weeks on ps4 and it feels like I'm getting towards the end of the main campaign. When would be a good time to do the DLC stuff - after the main story or before I finish it? I'm level forty-something. Also is it worth it to get the Lodge weapons? I've been doing the occasional hunting trial and some are fun, while others are tedious. Blazing suns can be kinda tough on some.

I've been doing some photo mode and getting a few video grabs, which I'll post in here at some point. I had a weird glitch where a trampler trampled me into a mountain and I couldn't get out. This game is very fun and cool to play.

I enjoyed the trials, but the lodge weapons are completely superseded by the DLC weapons if you just want more power.

Unreal_One
Aug 18, 2010

Aloy is the only videogame protagonist who comes across to me as asexual as an orientation instead of asexual because that's not the focus of the game. Just completely uninterested responses to all sorts of various types of sexy trying to flirt with her.

Unreal_One
Aug 18, 2010

Pook Good Mook posted:

Not that it really affects my enjoyment, but in game lore indicated Redmaw has been around far longer than the derangement, indicating there was some organic environmentally driven reason to create giant death T-rexes

Nah, the derangement was ~20 years before game, the first probable Redmaw attack was ~4 years before Avad's ~2 year reign.

Unreal_One
Aug 18, 2010

The cluster bombs from the two frames of weapon wheel they're shown have the same pentagonal mod (sticky grenades) underneath as the adhesive bombs, so it looks like that may be a weapon-wide use of the orange bar.

I'm glad they're improving human enemies, that looks like they are a lot more interesting than any bandit/shadow carja from ZD.

E: The orange bar does appear to go down with the special oliphaunt killing shot.

Unreal_One fucked around with this message at 02:58 on May 28, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unreal_One
Aug 18, 2010

exquisite tea posted:

It's interesting that the world in Horizon Zero Dawn didn't reclaim its coastline to 2020 levels, as the environments you explore in that game tend to seem significantly colder than they appear now. I guess all that terraforming and rapid re-oxygenation of the atmosphere builds up a lot of heat!

The jungle in Monument Valley does not seem particularly colder to me, tbh. Well, max temperature is probably down slightly, but min temperature is up a lot.