Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Where are the save game files for this if I want to play on a different PC?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

I wish someone would post the music from the second dream sequence. Can't find it anywhere.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

I think the cast of this game are more expressive and human than just about any AAA game.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Sushi in Yiddish posted:

https://twitter.com/isawiitchtalk/status/836790887497744386
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ORdQI7oCAUg
A few nice covers of NITWs songs collected in this article
http://kotaku.com/fans-are-covering-the-songs-from-night-in-the-woods-rhy-1792835824
The guy doing the bass cover's gonna do Pumpkin Head guy next, which should be super neat

I fuckin' need some covers of the polka/klezmer-ish songs from the dream sequences

The second dream sequence song is stuck in my head and I can't find it anywhere.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

I found a decent upload of the second dream level music.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

There is no doubt a connection between the game's themes and the events of the last few years in American politics. There's even certain lines in the game that feel like they had to have been added last minute to reflect Donny's administration.

Also, I only finished the game last night. It really is great. The only reasons I wouldn't give it a perfect score are because of what many people have brought up. There isn't that much actual gameplay, and hunting for dialogue gets a little tedious. I think if there was ever a follow up (not even a sequel, just something made with similar themes as Night in the Woods), those problems could be fixed relatively easily. This'll be one of the best games of 2017 regardless.

This is pretty inconsequential but anyone notice Mae's age is inconsistent? The year is explicitly given as 2016 at one point (because someone born in 1966 is said to be 50), meaning Mae was born in 1996. Mae reflects a lot on her early relationship with her grandfather (and there's even dialogue between them in one of the spinoff games). However, Mae's grandfather died in 1998 meaning she had to have been just two when he died. It feels like Mae should be a little older than 20 for that to make sense.

Nichael fucked around with this message at 19:16 on Mar 5, 2017

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

The timeline of the game seems a little off, but it's nothing major. Like I said, Mae's age doesn't even line up with her memories of her grandfather (who died in 1998).

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Alder posted:

I feel like a ton of questions will be answered in the sequel if there's one but now the only thing we can do is wait :sigh:

I look forward to the full OST though.
I don't know if they'd answer that much, honestly. I think a sequel would probably be like 80% real life drama, 20% supernatural stuff, like this one.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

I played the Bea route in the game so I've been watching Gregg scenes on Youtube. I'm kind of glad I played Bea because Angus in the Legends segment acts like a jerk. The Bea route is probably a better choice for Mae's future too, because it's pretty clear that Gregg and Angus are moving on without her.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Paul Zuvella posted:

Just picked this game up and holy poo poo its so charming. Reminds me a lot of the same feelings i got from Life is Strange.

I get the comparison, but the whole time I was playing NITW I felt like it was a less dour Kentucky Route Zero.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Oxxidation posted:

Reading every line in wacky voices is going to sink that one quick.

All the YouTubers that do this really should not. It's not that I'm even against having the characters voiced, it's just these people are uniformly terrible.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Woah, that one's actually really good.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Zerilan posted:

Saw Kentucky Route Zero mentioned a couple times in this thread and it's part of the current humble bundle. Worry picking up for $7.50?

Kentucky Route Zero is extremely similar to this game in terms of theme, but it's more dour and dreamlike. Buy it, it's great.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

There's no way to play only the new content, right?

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

DropsySufferer posted:

Been very busy finally finished I see I'm way behind everyone else! This was one great game but the ending stuff:

Why does Mae have a direct mental link to all this (the black goat god)? Where did that come from? I see no explanation for it. I would have expected some subtle hints. It's possible I just missed that explanation in my play through?

The giant cat not god warned about big blind bugs and even provided a picture. I was expecting to deal with large dangerous bugs or at least one at that cave. Was there a limited budget did something have to be cut? Which forced them to ignore Chekhov's gun? I'm definitely not a writer but this did annoy me.

I've read those could be "metaphorical" bugs but that's not a good excuse. In a game of all mediums action is expected when a major topic is mentioned.

Why even include a stupid cult and this other junk? The problem should have been human and mundane. Let's say her dad has a heart attack or someone gets in a major car accident. Draws everyone together and serves the same purpose.

I really loved it though shame that very end had to go off the rails. Had the last act just been cut it would have been perfect.

Kind of hard to answer all of these questions, but broadly there's a literal monster because it's a metaphor for the capitalist system, which itself is a literal nightmare. Also, the game was billed from the start as a sort-of supernatural mystery, and it delivered on that.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Seeing those reminded me that this game has such great character design.

Nichael fucked around with this message at 05:44 on Oct 21, 2018

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

I really love this game and its characters. Even this one tweet made me very happy to see.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Larryb posted:

What are the odds this ultimately turns out to be a stealth NITW prequel (judging by the teaser I’m only partially kidding)?

It seems like it is a prequel honestly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

drat this is pretty crushing. I love NITW and it meant a ton to me. I was really looking forward to this.