Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fuschia tude
Dec 26, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

Macaluso posted:

Also "you always have a choice, you can always choose" isn't true at all for a lot of games??

I'm fairly certain that was :thejoke:, those exact two phrases verbatim are what Mae has to choose between to respond to Bea when they're arguing in her room (which, despite being a choice, is not a choice (which is the point of that choice (and that sequence (and the game))))

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuschia tude
Dec 26, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

repiv posted:

Scott Benson and Bethany Hockenberry went on to form a new studio, but they haven't revealed what they're making yet

http://theglorysociety.com/

They have an active job posting which expires tomorrow looking for a new coder, though!
https://twitter.com/theglorysociety/status/1405907769258041351

Fuschia tude
Dec 26, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

Here's something I only just discovered: last week Benson actually released a comic based on an album that was a huge influence on Night in the Woods (especially the title track...), in the style of Night in the Woods. He goes into detail about that influence in the foreword. I vaguely remember something about him making NitW comics? but I don't think this counts as one of those:

And a thread about his history with the band, including designing merch for them:
https://twitter.com/bombsfall/status/1393290115292729351

Fuschia tude
Dec 26, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

Larryb posted:

She even says beforehand that she’s out of practice and doesn’t know the song, I’m choosing to believe that messing up during the performance is canon.

It is. Benson says he intentionally wrote it that way so your performance doesn't matter, because Mae is canonically terrible at bass.

Fuschia tude
Dec 26, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

Larryb posted:

Makes sense honestly. Since I’m likely never going to see it, what do Mae and the others say if you do well/perfectly at the rhythm sections?

There's a few other responses too.

code:
<<if $band_practice_0_right is 100>>
	// player played the song perfectly!
	Gregg: Um, that was pretty much... perfect.
	Bea: Uh... whoa.
	Angus: Yeah.
	Mae: All in a day's work. :)
	Mae: :|
<<elseif $band_practice_0_right > 90>>
	// player did pretty alright!!
	Gregg: Pretty good!
	Bea: Yeah, that was okay.
	Mae: Not bad considering I don't know this song!
<<elseif $band_practice_0_played < 50>>
	// player played less than 50% of the notes registered
	Gregg: So... you just not gonna play mostly?
	Bea: Yeah is this your thing?
	Mae: My thing is barely knowing this song to begin with.
<<elseif $band_practice_0_right < 20>>
	// player probably mashed random buttons for the whole song
	Bea: Something makes me think you're not taking this seriously.
	Gregg: Like at all.
	Mae: Well...
<<elseif $band_practice_0_right < 50>>
	// pretty baaaad
	Gregg: AAAAGH. Geez.
	Bea: Yeah that was not good.
<<else>>
	// a catch-all for doing pretty meh
	Gregg: Wow, Mae that was uh...
	Bea: Pretty bad is what it was.
	Mae: I literally do not know this song.
<<endif>> 

Larryb posted:

Oh ok, I was just curious what the “correct” combination of items was.

There's a few.

Ground beef + mac & cheese + succotash (with no Bakey Shakey)
Pork Chops with Bakey Shakey + scalloped potatoes + green beans
Chicken + chicken broth + biscuits (and no Bakey Shakey)
Fish + mac & cheese + creamed spinach (with no Bakey Shakey)

Fuschia tude
Dec 26, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

Game's out on phones, finally. Well, some of them.

https://twitter.com/bombsfall/status/1435969317665853449

Fuschia tude
Dec 26, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

redreader posted:

I played the same version of the game (downloaded it again from itch.io just a few days ago) and it did look like that but I assumed it was supposed to. It worked and I was able to finish it. Maybe re-download and reload?

Yeah, it is not supposed to look like that. Looks like the black tunnel background layer is missing, or not being displayed.

Fuschia tude
Dec 26, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

Larryb posted:

On a similar note, has there been any further word regarding the creators’ next project recently? I know they showed a preview image a while back but haven’t heard much since then (pretty sure the possibility of a NitW sequel or that planned DLC prequel they were talking about before the whole scandal with the composer broke is pretty much dead in the water at this point anyway)?

A year ago Benson was going to do an online talk about making games in a specific setting. Then he backed out at the last minute, saying after talking with the hosts of the talk and his publishers he realized all the questions from the audience would be about his current project, which he couldn't talk about yet due to NDAs.

I believe he's said it's going to be unrelated to NITW, but with familiar themes and art style because that's how he does.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuschia tude
Dec 26, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

Kazy posted:

https://twitter.com/bombsfall/status/1721936535434518951

Some more context as well. Hope they can make a good recovery, and am glad they're able to actually take time off for this.

Yeah I know he talked vaguely about severe health problems finishing the last game as well. It's interesting he says it's probably viral in origin, I don't think I've heard that outside of COVID

Larryb posted:

Damnit, I was looking forward to this too. Hopefully they make a quick recovery and these guys can get another project off the ground someday though

I assume (especially based on his explanation) that the "two key members" leaving were Benson and his wife, not multiple sick people. I guess it's fair, if that is referring to some other team member, that they might not want to out themselves as such, though.