Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

jabby posted:

Also to echo what someone else said earlier it was certainly nice to play a main character that actually needs saving herself. I personally think if it wasn't for Mae's friends she would have ended up joining the cultists, and it was certainly an interesting moment when you realise your character is actually having a negative influence on the lives of some of her friends.

I liked that part of the game too. Mae isn't some player avatar, she's her own flawed character and you just get to choose which mistakes she'll make. Though, I could see that rubbing some people the wrong way and using her as a lazy example of "This is what's wrong with millennials!"

Another part that I found interesting in hindsight was how patient Mae's parents were with her. At first it took me out of the game because it seemed unrealistic. There isn't a parent on earth who would pay their child's way through college and then just shrug when they drop out with no explanation. But when her Mom's patience did finally run out it lead to one of the most affecting scenes in the game. Later on when the game tells you exactly what happened to Mae her senior year I sort of understood why her parents might be extra gentle and patient with her. I'm not sure if that was intentional or not but if felt like a pretty neat, "Ah-ha!" moment to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

Am I silly for wanting a physical release of this game?

...on Switch?

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

Martytoof posted:

We can only hope it's inevitable :ohdear:

It is:
https://twitter.com/NightInTheWoods/status/925014487064817664

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

Now if we can just get a physical release we'll be all set.

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

precision posted:

The Switch version is gonna be digital? Aw shucks.

https://twitter.com/bombsfall/status/953360196721692672

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

Alder posted:

Eh is this just for collectors? Lately all my games have been digital b/c space limitations.

Probably. Games are really the only media where I still want physical copies. I guess with music and movies I'm always confident it will all be "out there" in some form or fashion. Less so with games since game companies aren't always good stewards of their back catalogs. Though I guess :filez: will probably continue to fill that gap.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

Wow, I thought the physical release had been permanently derailed.

Edit: lol here's me in January 2018:

McCracAttack posted:

Now if we can just get a physical release we'll be all set.

wash bucket fucked around with this message at 16:34 on Dec 16, 2022