Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
scott zoloft
Dec 7, 2015

yeah same
now entering: the 3k zone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

scott zoloft
Dec 7, 2015

yeah same

mojo1701a posted:

Could be an attempt at some pump & dump. If you can get some goons to jump on the bandwagon, it might shoot the price up.

This is still something I don't get. If you're willing to jump in and try to time a market, why not do it on the actual market instead of Bitcoin? I mean poo poo, it's way easier to cash out a brokerage account than Bitcoin.

I dunno I just turned 200 dollars into 422, then again into 700. And now I am going to take that 700 and wait for it to drop more and then I am going to buy more. It's fun and doesn't require me to set aside more than a thousand dollars to play market.

scott zoloft
Dec 7, 2015

yeah same
turning btc into cash is so easier i've taken a shine to calling them my magic money coins

scott zoloft
Dec 7, 2015

yeah same
i refuse to believe that anyone here is smart enough or possesses the insight to predict what will happen with an unregulated global digital dollar that isn't Eve money or WoW gold.

That said, just ride the short term investment market of the present and chill out with some free money :cool:

scott zoloft
Dec 7, 2015

yeah same

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

My dad just put 500 bucks down on Ether, hope it goes to the moon

I did the same thing about a year ago and it didn't move at all and then dropped by like 10 dollars by the end of the year. I paid relatively little and sold it after I figured that money would move more going into BTC.

Now I see it's up to 300 lol whoops.

scott zoloft
Dec 7, 2015

yeah same

mojo1701a posted:

You.

I mean, if you want to say "yeah you can make some money on a bubble provided you don't risk more than you're willing to lose," then that's one thing.

But you're still literally arguing like it's such an amazing idea and that anyone not getting in on it and poo-pooing it is an idiot. Like, it's not "free money" in any of the multiple ways you've defined it, and you keep also talking about it as if it's a sure thing.

We've said "no, it's not a sure thing in the least."

Playing in the wild west of the unregulated crypto-market isn't for everyone. Some people are stupid and sometimes they don't have balls or even money.

scott zoloft
Dec 7, 2015

yeah same

Toys For rear end Bum posted:

Oh look, Bitcoin is crashing again.
Price has dropped around 18% in just 4 days.

ITT goons struggle with the concept "buy low, sell high, don't gently caress up and do it the other way around"

scott zoloft
Dec 7, 2015

yeah same

LethalGeek posted:

What hopeful idiot wrote this bullshit? The only reason folks in china got in on this as it was a convoluted way to turn Yuan into Dollars.

:lol: at everyone who put money into crypto god drat the world is full of stupid people.

someone missed the wagon :qq:

scott zoloft
Dec 7, 2015

yeah same
i bet it reaches or already reached 6k by the end of the year.

scott zoloft
Dec 7, 2015

yeah same

SCROTO TURBOSPERG posted:

all money has traces of cocaine on it

in bitcoin you can theoretically see which one of your coins was used to bid on a sri lankan teen

i've been keeping track. it's the shiny .0036 piece i set aside for a rainy day.

scott zoloft
Dec 7, 2015

yeah same
the fact that the coins are being manipulated is insanely loving awesome because that gives the market weird little tells that let me know when to invest more and when to dump.

scott zoloft
Dec 7, 2015

yeah same
hmm even after that news about the chinese exchanges the speculative internet dollars are still going up....

scott zoloft
Dec 7, 2015

yeah same

HerStuddMuffin posted:

It's almost as if the price isn't grounded in reality but is just an arbitrary number that a handful of people set to whatever they want in order to fleece rubes...

lol salty bitch

scott zoloft
Dec 7, 2015

yeah same
buttcoin will go up to 10k by next year, papi

scott zoloft
Dec 7, 2015

yeah same
lol holy crap lois

scott zoloft
Dec 7, 2015

yeah same
could evenly coat a pretzel itt

scott zoloft
Dec 7, 2015

yeah same

rap music posted:

can anyone validate my decision not to invest in bitcoin

like once you buy in they make it impossible to cash out right

Correct. there are literally NO exchanges that will allow you setup an instant sell and then transfer it to your bank account via two mouse clicks. they just don't exist.

scott zoloft
Dec 7, 2015

yeah same
> having at least 10k worth of bitcoins

> knowing what people use them for

> scratching head over how to turn them into cash

scott zoloft
Dec 7, 2015

yeah same
no I just... CAN'T figure this out...

scott zoloft
Dec 7, 2015

yeah same

gary oldmans diary posted:

"what people use them for" doesnt turn your bitcoin into cash.

lol okay cat tit avatar guy

scott zoloft
Dec 7, 2015

yeah same

Paladinus posted:

Lol, just buy illegal drugs with your bits, you idiot, you moron. Why would you even need real money?

this but unironically

scott zoloft
Dec 7, 2015

yeah same

what a burn on an av from jeffrey of yospos that i used to have. by you. after your example of you not understanding how goods and services are exchanged

Salty.

Bitch.

:)

scott zoloft
Dec 7, 2015

yeah same
*looks at his special watch that tells him how much richer he is now than moments ago and smiles a warm and genuine smile*

scott zoloft
Dec 7, 2015

yeah same

wait so tell me again how when have bitcoins you want to unload what you do to unload them is sell illegal things for more bitcoins. walk me through your process

when did I say that? Drugs are illegal! You can transfer them back to your bank (which I do from time to time) or you can sell them to someone local who prob wants to buy drugs online without attaching their bank account to anything at a higher rate of exchange.

scott zoloft
Dec 7, 2015

yeah same
just cut the poo poo and have another meltdown, cat tit av guy. : - )

scott zoloft
Dec 7, 2015

yeah same

Who What Now posted:

Don't transfer drugs to your bank, that's dumb.

whoops

scott zoloft
Dec 7, 2015

yeah same

im not gonna pretend last page was a long time ago and citation is needed for 1 of your like 5 posts which is the 1 i quoted. you just keep on not being able to figure out how transactions work and trying the former av burn angle

as long as we're playing pretend, maybe you could pretend to be something other than a contrarian salt lick bitch.

*looks at his watch again and nods confidently*

scott zoloft
Dec 7, 2015

yeah same

[scott zoloft said with angry tears, hoping this burn would wipe the memory of when he couldnt figure out that selling things for more bitcoin doesnt give you cash for the bitcoin you already have]

what the gently caress lmao

I think you and I have two different fundamental understandings of how this whole "bitcoin" thing works. except I have something to show for mine. and you sound like you don't. ;(

scott zoloft
Dec 7, 2015

yeah same

poorlifedecision posted:

He probably has nothing but a bunch of fiat currency he uses to "buy" things he "wants and needs."

that's probably how he got that retard brain. a real chicken or the egg situation we find ourselves in.

scott zoloft
Dec 7, 2015

yeah same
all right well I'll be back when the exchange hits 7k. maybe by then the brain trust will have figured out it's not hard to turn it into cash without doing anything illegal. but by the sound of it, they won't because they never bought in.

scott zoloft
Dec 7, 2015

yeah same

Who What Now posted:

Presumably you haven't either, since the closest you could come up with is "selling drugs isn't illegal if you don't get caught".

i never even implied that i've sold drugs. it's just not hard to imagine any way to insert yourself into that economy legal or not. they can be sold for cash over the exchange rate. who would want to buy coins for cash?? let's think hard...

scott zoloft
Dec 7, 2015

yeah same
not to mention you can literally keep cash and coins in an account on gdax and just transfer the money back to your bank account with two mouse clicks. it's that easy.

scott zoloft
Dec 7, 2015

yeah same

Who What Now posted:

Right, you keep them at banks lmao

one of us is making money and having a good time watching the digital dollar exchange go up. the other is insisting that they were smart because they never bought in. wonder who is who.

scott zoloft
Dec 7, 2015

yeah same

what does it matter what people want to use the coins for then? are you saying you meant to say "just sell the coins but make sure you sell to people who want to buy drugs"

yeah that's exactly what i said. sell them locally, but ONLY sell them to people who want to buy drugs online. survey everyone who requests an order before you transfer anything. that's what i said.

scott zoloft
Dec 7, 2015

yeah same
"one of us is making money and having a good time watching the digital dollar exchange go up. the other is insisting that they were smart because they never bought in. wonder who is who."

scott zoloft
Dec 7, 2015

yeah same

Who What Now posted:

Until it gets hacked, or goes offline, or the site admin steals it all and you lose everything. You know, like has happened multiple times before.

Well I'm laughing at you and you're slowly turning into a corncob, so I really am unsure who you think is which.

then that's the risk i run if i keep them there. i can transfer off site to mitigate that. it's not hard. it's actually easy as heck..

scott zoloft
Dec 7, 2015

yeah same

Who What Now posted:

"im not hacked! im not hacked!!", i continue to insist as my bank account slowly shrinks and transforms into a corn cob

*looks at his list of bank deposits (that means money going in) from coinbase and considers the severity of the magnitude in which he has been owned*

scott zoloft
Dec 7, 2015

yeah same

COMRADES posted:

So post them then lol.

good idea!!!! :bisonyes:

scott zoloft
Dec 7, 2015

yeah same
mods please rename this thread to goons getting particularly nasty over missed gains.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

scott zoloft
Dec 7, 2015

yeah same
my biggest regret so far was cashing out one of my coins last year to go to iceland. wow i'm a retard.

• Locked thread