Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

I have the privilege of of saying I saw Mac and Me in theaters back in 1988. Thank god it was at the dollar theater because 9 year old me, having watched a ton of weird poo poo up to that point in my life and enjoying it, left the theater bewildered and perhaps a little angry that I had spent a dollar on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:

You Are A Elf posted:

I have the privilege of of saying I saw Mac and Me in theaters back in 1988. Thank god it was at the dollar theater because 9 year old me, having watched a ton of weird poo poo up to that point in my life and enjoying it, left the theater bewildered and perhaps a little angry that I had spent a dollar on it.

lol owned

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

You Are A Elf posted:

Dude, we watched that multiple times in elementary.

I'd rather have been waterboarded.

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

Bacontotem posted:

A talking cat. The cat in the movie isn't even the same one as the cover image.

Yvershek
Nov 15, 2000

and there are no
diamonds in the
mine
Just look at this poo poo.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Yvershek posted:

Just look at this poo poo.

It was Eric Roberts! Lmao!

What's that with elderly actors and talking cats? In addition to Garfield, there's also this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_jHA97HzhxE

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
"Alright Bob, what are we going to name our comedy masterpiece? We went through all this trouble to get Eric Roberts, so we better come up with something good."

"How about," scribbles frantically on the white board, "A Talking Cat?"

"That poo poo is weak. Do you think Eric Roberts and TV's Kristin DeBell are going to get out of bed for A Talking Cat?"

"Ok then," pushes up glasses and scribbles more frantically on the white board, "A TALKING CAT!?!"

"Goddamnit, Bob. You're a genius!"

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

Nobody should let their small children watch The Neverending Story. Ugh.

Yvershek
Nov 15, 2000

and there are no
diamonds in the
mine

flick my Mr. Bean posted:

Stupid horse.....

autoaim.cfg
Aug 6, 2005
:qq: WHINY SHITHEAD :qq:
*drops mic*

flick my Mr. Bean posted:

It's really not just that Artax the Horse dies, so much as how he dies and the way it's shown. First off, it's not like he just sprains his ankle and has to be sent to the glue factory, no, Artax dies because he is so very sad that he just decides to give up and perish. Jesus. And it's not like this is a quick way to go. Instead the scene just drags on and on, cutting to a wailing pre-teen Atreyu, and a horse that looks very seriously, actually afraid of drowning on that movie set in real-life. Don't close your eyes! Death is real and there is no amount of crying and screaming that will ever prevent our slowly guttering flames.

http://www.dorkly.com/post/75705/reasons-the-neverending-story-is-a-psychological-horror-show

The Neverending Childhood Trauma, more like...

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog
On that note, the original Transformers movie had a lot of rather graphic (robot) deaths; dudes got shot, melted, exploded, and ripped apart by robo-sharks, from what I can recall from seeing it nearly a decade ago.

Painful Dart Bomb
May 23, 2012

And he was talking 'fore I knew it, and as he grew he'd say "I'm gonna be like you, dad" "You know I'm gonna be like you".
The original transformers movie owned in pretty much every way (Except for wheelie who sucked) and 8 year old me used to get so loving pumped to watch it every time.

Edit: My contribution is Cop Dog.

Omnitrix
Aug 14, 2008

Jacob likes air cooled VW's
Return to Oz

Aww the lovable Dorothy is in an insane asylum because she wont stop talking about loving Oz...

Yvershek
Nov 15, 2000

and there are no
diamonds in the
mine

Omnitrix posted:

Return to Oz

Stupid wheelers......

FreakerByTheSpeaker
Dec 3, 2006

You got your good things
And I've got mine

I like the girl on the left trying to save the dancing bear from falling while still dancing herself.

Yvershek
Nov 15, 2000

and there are no
diamonds in the
mine
This thread has started giving me flashbacks left and right.

ChickenHeart posted:

On that note, the original Transformers movie had a lot of rather graphic (robot) deaths; dudes got shot, melted, exploded, and ripped apart by robo-sharks, from what I can recall from seeing it nearly a decade ago.

I remember the death to a mechanical character in The Brave Little Toaster as being gut wretching. The friends looked on in horror as one of them got their insides ripped out.

Justin Credible
Aug 27, 2003

happy cat

Frozen is pretty terrible all around.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

FreakerByTheSpeaker posted:

I like the girl on the left trying to save the dancing bear from falling while still dancing herself.

I had to come back here because memories of that movie surfaced back up and OH GOD IT IS SUCH A TERRBILE MOVIE
I WANT TO PUNCH THAT LITTLE poo poo IN THE FACE.

If that is what alien life is going to be, nuke the universe.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Painful Dart Bomb posted:

The original transformers movie owned in pretty much every way (Except for wheelie who sucked) and 8 year old me used to get so loving pumped to watch it every time.

Edit: My contribution is Cop Dog.

On the same subject, Baby's Day Out.

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

The Loin King
Feb 16, 2017

Check out this goddamned cat

EorayMel posted:

Did you know there are subliminal sex messages on The Lion King?

No there are not.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
I can't believe nobody has said Super Mario Bros the movie yet.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

That part in The Lion King where it's just 20 minutes of a GGG piss bondage orgy scene is kind of out of nowhere.

Serious Party Gods
Apr 2, 2009

NORTH (1994).

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

Didn't North literally have the thing about black box material airplanes in it?

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

Uncle at Nintendo posted:

I can't believe nobody has said Super Mario Bros the movie yet.

Super Mario Bros is a genuinely great family action-adventure movie, though? I know it's gotten bad reviews since forever but seriously, I don't think the fact that it doesn't exactly replicate the three paragraph plot and five button gameplay of a 1985 NES game can be truly counted against it. Taken on its own merits, it's a fun popcorn flick.

e: it has a man ordering a pizza with a zapper gun shortly after mocking a pile of angry mushrooms and John Leguizamo teaching giant monsters to dance, I really can never understand why people think this movie is so bad

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

food court bailiff posted:

Super Mario Bros is a genuinely great family action-adventure movie, though? I know it's gotten bad reviews since forever but seriously, I don't think the fact that it doesn't exactly replicate the three paragraph plot and five button gameplay of a 1985 NES game can be truly counted against it. Taken on its own merits, it's a fun popcorn flick.

e: it has a man ordering a pizza with a zapper gun shortly after mocking a pile of angry mushrooms and John Leguizamo teaching giant monsters to dance, I really can never understand why people think this movie is so bad

I just hated it as a kid because they pick the princess from the loving Game Boy version (wtf) and bowser, toad, and yoshi looked nothing like they did in the games. I was a kid and that's all I wanted

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

this movie owns, actually

Stocky Manhood
Jul 29, 2014

Can I get a hat wobble?

Yvershek posted:

I remember the death to a mechanical character in The Brave Little Toaster as being gut wretching. The friends looked on in horror as one of them got their insides ripped out.

Yeah, that part and the air conditioner at the beginning of the movie.

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot
Does anything animated and straight-to-DVD count as a "movie"?

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Theeeeere's some repressed memories.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Three-Phase posted:

Yes.

I am guessing you want to post Ratatoing?

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.

Yvershek posted:

One of the first appliances we meet, the old a/c, commits suicide when faced with his own obsolescence. But Brave Little Toaster is good and meaningful so it doesn't belong itt

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
Scary Godmother is the best movie ever made about a boring adult halloween party

Three-Phase posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PD6P3Pq9OYo

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

Putty posted:

this movie owns, actually

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
theres parts in the movie where background characters slide around and morph cause it was animated by a preschooler

also scary godmother is a literal mary sue of the creator Jill Thompson

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I'm sorry, but it's actually this, and this is actually real:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4e-wuyjgDPQ

It is actually worse than Foodfight.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Putty posted:

Scary Godmother is the best movie ever made about a boring adult halloween party

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PD6P3Pq9OYo

John Cena v. The Rock

And I too watched Buttercream Gang when I was a children.

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot

Uncle at Nintendo posted:

Yes.

I am guessing you want to post Ratatoing?

Dorbees

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

Pick posted:

I'm sorry, but it's actually this, and this is actually real:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4e-wuyjgDPQ

It is actually worse than Foodfight.

Rapsittie Kids has ties to Scientology, really

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJaLdQMw87I&t=955s