Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

:shibe: Welcome to the Something Awful Top Dog Tournament! :cheerdoge:

The Something Awful Top Dog Tournament is a competition to determine the top dog across this whole forum. Think you know a pooch who's up for the task? Nominate a dog, win the subforum round, and take on the top dogs from subforums across SA!

How does it work? :eng101:

The three stages of the Top Dog Tournament are:
1) Subforum Nomination - Each participating subforum has a nomination thread for posters to nominate potential Top Dogs
2) Subforum Voting - Each subforum votes to determine the champion that will represent them in the forumwide vote
3) Forumwide Voting - The champions from every subforum go head to head to determine the Top Dog of the Tournament

This thread is Stage 1: Subforum Nomination

To nominate a dog for the tournament, please post ONCE AND ONLY ONCE in this thread in the following format:
  • Dog name
  • One sentence about why this dog is a good dog
  • Picture of dog

An example of a properly formatted nomination post is as follows:

quote:

Otis

Otis is a good dog because he once ate an entire loaf of pumpkin bread and pooped bright orange for two days.

Nominations will be open until at least Wednesday, March 1. Polls for subforum voting will open shortly after.

Questions and Answers
  • Do I have to post my own dog?
    No! Post any dog you like.

• Can I nominate more than one dog?
    No! Please nominate only one dog and choose one subforum to nominate in.

• Does the dog I nominate have to be a real dog?
    Nope! Paintings, cartoons, doodles, ASCII art, it's all fine. The only condition is that the dog must be Good.

• Can I vote in subforums I don't actively participate in?
    Definitely! Please visit all the participating subforums so you don't miss any dogs.

• Where can I talk about the dogs that I like and dislike?
    The voting threads are a great place to talk about the dogs you like! Please only post nominations in the nomination thread.

It is illegal to dislike any dogs

• Won't the big subforums crowd out the little ones during the final vote?
    Who knows and who cares!

• Who should I talk to if I have questions?
    The mod of each subforum is a good place to start. You can also ask tournament organizer pig slut lisa any questions or post in QCS.

• Who's a good boy?
    All of them :3:

And a special PI bonus round question:
  • Does it have to actually be a dog?
    Definitely not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

That is not Otis and you know it. I'm ashamed of you birbmod.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

I was told that dog is an Otis. I have been misled

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

"When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber."

Grimey Drawer
Kiska

Kiska is a good dog because she plays fetch, loves belly rubs, and eats inappropriate things like cardboard :colbert:

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Name: Wandy
Reason: Wandy was a good bird and a shining example of what all birds, potato or otherwise, should aspire to be.

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug
Tash

Tash was a good dog because her favorite food was ants. She would find an ant trail and lick them all up.

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

Gaston

he owns my yard and won't leave

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Hannah the African Grey

You better nominate him because otherwise he'll give you the evil eye and murder you in your sleep.

Shark Sandwich
Sep 6, 2010

by R. Guyovich
Excellent dogs all around. This is mine. His name is Charlie and he is loyal and he hates playing fetch.

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Vroom Vroom, BEEP BEEP!
Nap Ghost
I want to nominate one of my dogs, but I think this dog is better:

https://www.facebook.com/OficialPomba/videos/665070020342082/

Painful Dart Bomb
May 23, 2012

And he was talking 'fore I knew it, and as he grew he'd say "I'm gonna be like you, dad" "You know I'm gonna be like you".
Oliver
My adopted buddy. He was pretty fat when I got him, but unlike most goons he is constantly working to better himself through diet and exercise.

Painful Dart Bomb fucked around with this message at 21:00 on Feb 27, 2017

Harvey Baldman
Jan 11, 2011

ATTORNEY AT LAW
Justice is bald, like an eagle, or Lady Liberty's docket.

Cody

He is terrified of everything, except people, in whom he invests unconditional trust and love, and his water bowl, which is the best thing ever apparently.

http://i.imgur.com/MjAmHLm.gifv

Harvey Baldman fucked around with this message at 21:22 on Feb 27, 2017

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Tarkus

He's a Good Boy because he let me wear my new moccasins for 3 whole days before chewing them up.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!
Butler

butler is a good boy because he kills rats and appreciates visual art

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Chloe

She's a good puppy...

... and an excellent hat.

Shirec
Jul 29, 2009

How to cock it up, Fig. I

I'd like to nominate someone else's bird.
Tendai's Judah, an excellent cockatiel, an ur-potato

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y__YxTVlmcM

His antics were always the best and most potato, and he launched the "Not Judah" award, currently held by Steve. I still miss him, even though I am an internet stranger with my own birds.

Ferryll
Sep 16, 2013

<3

Terra is a GoldenAussie (possibly) we adopted 2 months ago from a shelter.
She is a very good dog because:
1. She overcame separation anxiety (with the help of Prozac and behavioral training)
2. She loves all people, kids, dogs, cats, etc. We are in the beginning stages to train her to become a therapy dog. She loves it!
3. She is the softest, calmest thing to pet. If this was a softness competition, she would win hands down.

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

"When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber."

Grimey Drawer
Aw Shirec, thank you :unsmith:

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

I'm not nominating any of my pets because I cannot believe that the real otis wasn't in the OP. Boycott.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

It's time to vote!

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3812469

• Locked thread