Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
Are we doing enough to stop killer robots? What are you doing to stop them?

http://www.stopkillerrobots.org/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Nothing. I don't want to piss them off.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
This country doesn't have enough killer robots IMO.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
despite the sensationalist name i think that banning the production and sale of autonomous lethal drones is a pretty good idea

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
But what is your killer robot is also a sexbot?
What then?

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

just a thought but maybe robots ought to be killing people like the op, and should not be stopped

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
see the classic movie "Runaway" starring tom selleck for more information

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Say Nothing posted:

What then?

Pretty sure you can still gently caress em if they are turned off it just won't be as fun but it'll work in a pinch

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:
im only worried about job stealing robots. they can kill whoever they want

Kassoon
Nov 16, 2005

gonna hit you with his cockatrice
robots don't kill people, people kill people. Via robots.

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010

Say Nothing posted:

What then?

Fuuuuck this is my fetish now

akulanization
Dec 21, 2013

Professor SJW posted:

im only worried about job stealing robots. they can kill whoever they want

they're stealing our murderjobs. fine enterprising human killers could be doing this work.

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
We must make murdering more efficient and safer for our troops.

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
Basically this

Maldoror
Oct 5, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Nap Ghost
I had heard that they're already banned. If a kill decision has to be made, a human has to do it. Drones and such can auto target but the decision to fire has to come from a human being for every target, every time.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Yet another killer robot alarmist who's been sucked in by the fake news media. Did you ever stop and think that maybe the killer robots are so successful is because they make some good points?

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Maldoror posted:

I had heard that they're already banned. If a kill decision has to be made, a human has to do it. Drones and such can auto target but the decision to fire has to come from a human being for every target, every time.

Easy solution, one guy pushing an indiscriminate red button repeatedly.

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

500 good dogs posted:

Easy solution, one guy pushing an indiscriminate red button repeatedly.

The button is also injecting life saving medicine into his wife and kids

naem
May 29, 2011

Maldoror posted:

Im glad of it

Kassoon
Nov 16, 2005

gonna hit you with his cockatrice
If a robot decides I have to die I'm more likely to think that's reasonable than if a human made that same choice. That robot spent a lot of time thinking about it and made all sorts of calculations. A human? Forget about it. They're probably some smelly goon sitting around on a Sunday evening thinking about work tomorrow and fantasizing about shooting me. That's hosed up.

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

Don't look at the sun, but rather what it illuminates
College Slice
A light of blue everything's coo, a light of red watch out or you are dead!

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

hakimashou posted:

Are we doing enough to stop killer robots? What are you doing to stop them?

http://www.stopkillerrobots.org/

Founded by Jimmy Reese, dumbest little brother of Kyle Reese, who went back in time to the wrong era and decided instead of fighting terminators he'd start a petition online

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

The Management posted:

Basically this

Just :lol: at anyone who doesn't think the future of warfare are drone swarms. Air drones, ground drones, bomber sized drones, small targeting drones.. just hundreds of drones working together on an automated kill program.

I mean like in the next 4-5 decades at an outside. The only reason it'll take that long even is resistance to getting rid of the majority of human soldiers and huge expensive vehicles.

Novo
May 13, 2003

Stercorem pro cerebro habes
Soiled Meat
I heard we've gotta be strong to fight them so I'm taking lots of vitamins.

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010
Yeah drone swarms are for sure the future especially for naval stuff. Big ole missiles are pretty cheap these days and you only need to send a dozen or so of them before any big ship and their buds can't shoot them down fast enough.

We're still making even bigger and more expensive carriers though

Maldoror
Oct 5, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Nap Ghost
How about everyone just builds robots and we just let the robots fight each other.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Blazing Ownager posted:

Just :lol: at anyone who doesn't think the future of warfare are drone swarms. Air drones, ground drones, bomber sized drones, small targeting drones.. just hundreds of drones working together on an automated kill program.

I mean like in the next 4-5 decades at an outside. The only reason it'll take that long even is resistance to getting rid of the majority of human soldiers and huge expensive vehicles.

Or if you read that Philip K Dick story about robot war (not bladerunner).

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Maldoror posted:

How about everyone just builds robots and we just let the robots fight each other.

because the countries that are building robots are only interested in invading countries that do not have robots. but who knows, that may change by the time the technology to fully automate drones is realized.

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

Maldoror posted:

well that policy will be the first to go when the 1 percent is forced to turn the drones on the masses of starving, rioting poor

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

500 good dogs posted:

The button is also injecting life saving medicine into his wife and kids

Push button get 10 dollars.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
I saw a video once of these cheap plastic 'sand flea' robots that spring up in the air to get on top of stuff, and I just figured they'd put explosives in them and have them chase you around and then hop up in the air above you and explode like a claymore mine.

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot
Do you have stairs in your house?

Please go stand by the stairs.

Three-Phase fucked around with this message at 03:30 on Feb 27, 2017

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SNPJMk2fgJU

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

wendy's is putting automated kiosks in 6,000 stores

half of professional driving jobs are estimated to be taken by self-driving vehicles within a decade

bad things happening :siren:

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Professor SJW posted:

half of professional driving jobs are estimated to be taken by self-driving vehicles within a decade

In 20 years autistic europeans will pay for the privilige of remotely driving trucks in their spare time from their homes.

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*
Ex machina my neg ai

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

The Management posted:

Basically this

METAL GEAR ??!

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
https://www.funker530.com/swarm-launched/

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.
it seems unethical to in any way hinder or prevent fully autonomous murderbots

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

naem
May 29, 2011

Professor SJW posted:

The mass of unemployed will reach critical and vote for survivable benefits and the rich will pay high taxes to support us idle rather than pay us wages to work it's going to be fun :911:

• Locked thread